Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Another brother gone  (Read 8031 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Another brother gone
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 08:40:14 AM »

Big B,

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  While we all have many acquaintences, most of us have very few  friends - and losing one is truly heartbreaking.  While I have never met you outside of this forum, my sense is you are a good person and being your friend would be something special.  Here's to your friend.   :drink:  May he be in a better place.

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 02:53:33 PM »

Thanks for the kind words. You know it's been awhile since Skip passed and I've had a chance to watch the events that unfolded after his death as regards his " estate "  The word estate being a legal term. Skip was not wealthy by any means, but he had a house, a bike, a garage full of tools, some life insurance etc he left behind. At the time of his death he was living with woman he had been with for about 5 years but to whom he was not married. Her name is on the deed to the property as well as the mortage documents but she was not mentioned in Skip's will. As such, Skip's only child ( a son) is the sole heir to his estate. From what I understand, the son considers the house to be 1/2 his and I would imagine the law supports that belief. So the situation has gotten messy because the son was in in prison at the time of his father's death, is now out and expecting to live in the house. Bottom line - - - if you don't have a will, get one done. If you do have one, update it whenever there is major change in your life. Skip wrote out his ex-wife from his will, but even after 5 years and shared property did not include this woman he lived with and by all accounts cherished. I cannot believe he would be pleased at the current state of things with regard to her. Sorry to go off on this but my point is that sometimes the story doesn't end when the hero dies. And hero he was to those of us who knew him, while not necessarily in the conventionally accepted sense.

Vaya con Dios Skip

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 03:01:07 PM »

Thanks my friend for bringing up this issue about wills.  Jamey and I have been saying we need to write one for as many years as we have been married.  Not that we are wealthy by the stretch of anyone's imagination, but we do have life insurance and a few toys.  In the State, or do I say the Commonwealth of Virginia, if someone dies without a will, they take all the proceeds from the estate.  Have a great big yard sale/auction of the household/garage goods, sell the vehicles, the house etc. pay off all debts and pocket the rest.  And I have seen the evil that comes out in people when someone dies, that all of a sudden folks want to covet what someone else had.  And families get torn apart in the bickering of what they think others should get.  It is a real shame that your friend's son does not have enough common sense to see that the woman your friend was living with should have the house free and clear, and he should just walk away. It would be what his father would want him to do.   :cherry:

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »

Big B,

Sorry to hear of your loss, Stay strong. Another thing about wills, many prepare them but then tuck'em away without another thought. In order to protect our estate we must update them as the need arises, I have seen this become a problem recently with some of the soldiers in my units.
God bless,

SOKOOL

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2007, 11:45:39 PM »

BB,
I too am sorry for your loss, I know it is a cliche' but:

It is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all...this is true of you and Skip but also of all of your buds here to you with the out-pouring of condolences/feelings for you.

\Seegarz\

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 11:36:49 PM »

Every so often I'll see a new post on this thread and read some kind words from kind folks speaking of a man they knew not in person, but well in spirit. The world is populated by several billion people so when you think of 100,000 or so that share a kindred spirit in the life we call " biker" there really aren't that many of us. Us of course being a relative term. So anyway, other events push the memory of Skip from my mind at times and this thread keeps him alive for me. So I thank all of you for that. Skip could ride probably better than all but one or two people I've met in my life. He was one of those guys who just seemed to be able to make a motorcycle do whatever he wanted to. In our MMMC days he had a Softail he pieced together and it was always one piece short somewhere, but ran well. The MMMC clubhouse was in a ravine on a (at the time) dirt road that was a shortcut between two counties in Maine. When first built we had no neighbors, but last I heard, the road was paved, expensive houses on 5 acre lots and the club had been forced to sell. Anyway, as I was saying, the clubhouse was down in a ravine. For most of us the last 100 yds was a dirt bike adventure on a dry day. On a wet one, it was a slide for life. So as you can imagine we did not exactly roar down over the hill to the base of the ravine and the clubhouse - - - - - except for Skip. It didn't matter what the weather was, he always came flyin down the hill and skidded in sideways to within an inch of the old clubhouse porch. We used to bet how close he'd come without hittin anything. So I'm glad I was out here in California when he passed. I didn't have to see him as the tumor in his brain slowly won the battle. I'll remember him forever skiddin in sideways, jumpin off his bike and shoutin " what are all you a$$holes lookin at anyway " 

Adios Bro
               Vaya con dios
                                    B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 07:28:05 AM »

BB - When I first read this thread I read the start date and elected not to post - first impression was this was months ago and people tend to move along after time.  Wrong decision now rectified.  You lost a true friend here.  Prayers for Skip and his family, his friends, and you.  Your last post makes Skip 'alive' in the best sense to an old rider.  Knew guys like that - sometimes I rode like that back in my dirt bike days.  You had great times together and his memory lives on through you and others.

Too bad for all concerned on the lack of a will.  From personal experience it's better to have a will - always.

Thanks for sharing your memories and to your friend may he Vaya con Dios en Paz.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »

Every so often I'll see a new post on this thread and read some kind words from kind folks speaking of a man they knew not in person, but well in spirit. The world is populated by several billion people so when you think of 100,000 or so that share a kindred spirit in the life we call " biker" there really aren't that many of us. Us of course being a relative term. So anyway, other events push the memory of Skip from my mind at times and this thread keeps him alive for me. So I thank all of you for that. Skip could ride probably better than all but one or two people I've met in my life. He was one of those guys who just seemed to be able to make a motorcycle do whatever he wanted to. In our MMMC days he had a Softail he pieced together and it was always one piece short somewhere, but ran well. The MMMC clubhouse was in a ravine on a (at the time) dirt road that was a shortcut between two counties in Maine. When first built we had no neighbors, but last I heard, the road was paved, expensive houses on 5 acre lots and the club had been forced to sell. Anyway, as I was saying, the clubhouse was down in a ravine. For most of us the last 100 yds was a dirt bike adventure on a dry day. On a wet one, it was a slide for life. So as you can imagine we did not exactly roar down over the hill to the base of the ravine and the clubhouse - - - - - except for Skip. It didn't matter what the weather was, he always came flyin down the hill and skidded in sideways to within an inch of the old clubhouse porch. We used to bet how close he'd come without hittin anything. So I'm glad I was out here in California when he passed. I didn't have to see him as the tumor in his brain slowly won the battle. I'll remember him forever skiddin in sideways, jumpin off his bike and shoutin " what are all you a$$holes lookin at anyway " 

Adios Bro
               Vaya con dios
                                    B B
B B,
   Thats a great story, thanks for sharing. Sorry about your friend and the current situation.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »

B B,
   Thats a great story, thanks for sharing. Sorry about your friend and the current situation.

Hobo

Thanks,
           Someone once coined the phrase " only the good die young "  When I think about my bro Skip, it would have been awful to see him grow old. Life is strange isn't it ?

B B

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »

Thanks,
           Someone once coined the phrase " only the good die young "  When I think about my bro Skip, it would have been awful to see him grow old. Life is strange isn't it ?

B B

B B
LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE OF IT, AND YES IT CAN BE STRANGE AT TIMES, BUT ALL IN ALL, LIFE IS GOOD. THANKS FOR YOUR STORY AS I CAN RELATE TO EVERYTHING YOU SAID.  :2vrolijk_21:  :drink:
                          DAVE
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

theslash

• Full CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 05:04:51 AM »

I did not know him, but the way you talk about him, I know I would have like him
SLASH

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2007, 05:22:16 AM »

Sorry to hear about your mate Skip, he sounded like a "diamond geezer"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 22 queries.