Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: What are you guys seeing on the dyno?  (Read 15936 times)

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
Re: What are you guys seeing on the dyno?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 07:07:44 AM »

Nope! Like I said before, it depends on who is running things and lots of other things. I have the same bike, same pro tuner, same pipes. 86 hp and 106 tq. They are the average numbers for 110B SE engine.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Riegs

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 06:31:07 AM »

Hahaha, guess I'd get same as your numbers.
Just kidding, as it's been said earlier, numbers don't mean much. Not to me anyway. At least we've got good taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HAWGZ1LA

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 14' CVO Breakout
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 03:14:38 AM »

Stopped into my local dealer today looking for a skull ring and talked to the guys in service for the hell of it. They had done a 13' cvo breakout with v&h 2 into 2 pipes recently and had the print out in a 3 ring binder still.

93.90hp 118.52 trq!

Considering paying 50$ for one pull on their dyno and seeing what I get. if it makes the same as the orginal numbers I have, we know they did a chitty tune at the other dealer. If my numbers jump up I know the local dealer has a generous dyno and I can stop thinking how I am. Think thats a good 50$ spent? For what i paid to have the original dyno tune job done I think im entiled to have the best numbers and tune job availible.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »

If it gives you piece of mind go for it, I'm sure we piss 50.00 away on worse things.......often  :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 07:35:19 AM »

With nil changes to the bike on a 8yr old dynojet dyno I pulled 111hp compares to a brand spanker dynojet dyno I pulled 122hp. They are a tuning device so as long as it goes well then you should be happy. But if someone asks I now say 122rwhp!
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

HDBill

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

10:1 pistons, sert, V & H 2/2 dynoed 102/118. 122 seems overly generous. Have read the V&H is not best performance wise so think there is more power to be had.

SLJ

• SLJ
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 12:43:16 AM »

Here's my 14 BO dyno - happy with the way it runs. I had the stg 3 hi-comp kit installed also went with the H/D cam plate kit and oil pump.
Had Fulsac recore the stock slip-on's - very happy.

Started with HP 86.09 and TQ 101.13 ended up with HP 101.63 and TQ 115.72

Previous ride was an 07 FLSTF 96" upgraded to a 103" stg 4 kit with 257 cams

Two very different engines. Both fun to ride but, the 103-stg 4 was real hard to hang onto at times!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:49:57 PM by SLJ »

Floppy

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »

89hp. 111 torque SS slip ons race tuner

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 04:08:35 PM »

With Master Tune TTS and Rush sliponsw/ 2" baffles I was handed a sheet showing 95/123. But I still have a decel pop and is being looked at again. Hope these are not false numbers to get me out the door. I am not accepting this tune with the popping. I am being told by a respected tuner that teaches techs how to tune that his tune is not what it should be and to stay away from him. any ideas from REAL TUNERS out there what he needs to do or can I get the cords and fine tune alittle at a time on my laptop?

HAWGZ1LA

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 14' CVO Breakout
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »

My bike pops a lot too. Thought it was just the pipe causing it

Ethereal

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »

I got, Max Power = 86.66 and Max Torque = 144.86, with Dynojet PowerVision and Vance Hines Big Radius 2-2.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 09:52:09 AM »

I got, Max Power = 86.66 and Max Torque = 144.86, with Dynojet PowerVision and Vance Hines Big Radius 2-2.
145tq????

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 10:07:11 AM »

I spoke to one of my local shops in town, and he is still knee deep in tuning bikes of all kinds. He built the heads for LE Tonglet, ProStock Chapion a couple years ago in NHRA,

His take on dynoing a bike is different than others... If I can explain this correctly.

He tunes to the best the bike will reasonably let him make, with max numbers. Then changes the specs to tune in seconds not RPM's.  He'll lose a couple numbers on each side but close the gap to which that number is made, which means faster shift points.

A recent customer was running a 'Busa at No Problem. Average ET was 9.40's. Brought bike to Paul to retune and dyno. He wanted more hp numbers. Tuned to his request for more HP munbers. Bike slowed down 2 tenths. Brought back and let Paul Dyno again, using his meathods, and picked up 2 tenths from original average.

So, doesn't matter what the peak numbers are so much, but how the bike responds overall...

Paul

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 07:43:47 AM »

Took the bike back to the guy and told him that I wanted him to take the time and figure out how to get the popping out. Got it back and he was able to get almost all of the popping out. Said that I had the newr version of the tuner that had a Decel paramiter that he didnt know about. Im happy but I dont think this is newer tuner cause it Only had if I remeber right 2011-2013 Softail on the box.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 08:50:57 AM »

Took the bike back to the guy and told him that I wanted him to take the time and figure out how to get the popping out. Got it back and he was able to get almost all of the popping out. Said that I had the newr version of the tuner that had a Decel paramiter that he didnt know about. Im happy but I dont think this is newer tuner cause it Only had if I remeber right 2011-2013 Softail on the box.

He just fed you a lie as an alibi for his p-poor tune.  It had nothing to do with the TTS device or software.  As I've mentioned many times on this site, just because someone has a dyno and calls himself a tuner doesn't mean he's worth a chit. 

Before you spend any more money on tunes to eliminate your popping, make absolutely certain you have no air leaks in the exhaust system.  Not that I'm saying that's the problem, just saying it would be a real PITA to spend all that money for tunes if the real problem is a simple air leak.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 21 queries.