Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: LETS TALK EXHAUST  (Read 16113 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: LETS TALK EXHAUST
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 08:21:19 AM »

Knew I would take crap about the stock exhaust, after the problems I went threw on the road king just wanted a bike that runs good and dosen't give me a headache.  Also was wondering how many people really use all the power the bike has stock.  Do people understand that when you hook the race tuner you have voided the warranty on the bike so why buy 7yrs of warranty,  would have a hard time proving that hopping up the motor didn't cause it to break!  Plus we don't have any good dyno people in our area.  Thats my 2cents worth.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 09:18:10 AM »

About the REINHARTS - seems to me they look pretty good on the bike, a mater of choice I agree. But they certainly don't detract. As far as proformance, I had the V & H on first and they popped and didn't do a thing for power. The REINHARTS make a difference in the complete range, especially up tall. The dyno shows 110 HP at 5300RPM. There probably isn't a pipe that gives power everywhere, it's up to the rider. just my humble opinion
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Cohibalator

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 09:31:14 AM »

You should talk with V&H about that first,
'05 SEEG back in the game!!!!!!!!
'04 ZX-10R FOR SALE
'02 BMW R1150GS
'01 BMW F650GS
'77 Honda GL1000 w/ Terraplane sidecar

fitter48093

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 05:28:43 PM »

Our shop said they had good results with this pipe and the 103...hmmm I guess we'll just have to see

Well, I guess I'm the wierd one..... For that kinda coin I guess I would listen to the shop instead of the manufacture  also [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 11:17:29 PM »

IMO...It's a big mistake to talk strictly about exhaust. It not only depends on what cylinder, cam, head combo you're running now...but in the future. For guys who plan to stick with an air cleaner, PC or RT and pipes, the Rineharts are not a good choice. Find a good two into one!!!

Personally, for me, NOTHING!!!! makes more power on the dyno than Freedom Cycle modified Rineharts, ( different baffles ).  That's only because we have tested, the Pro Pipe, Thunderheader, Bassani Power Curves and Screamin Eagle pipes with my motor. I also like the look of duals and prior to the Rineharts there weren't many good looking duals that made much power.

Do yourselves a favor and find a good dyno tuner and Experiment before you buy if you can. I repeat, if you can. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

mfgreen

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 11:51:55 PM »

IMO...It's a big mistake to talk strictly about exhaust. It not only depends on what cylinder, cam, head combo you're running now...but in the future. For guys who plan to stick with an air cleaner, PC or RT and pipes, the Rineharts are not a good choice. Find a good two into one!!!

Personally, for me, NOTHING!!!! makes more power on the dyno than Freedom Cycle modified Rineharts, ( different baffles ).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 01:10:07 AM by mfgreen »

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2004, 04:36:22 AM »

re-tread - How much time dose your motor spend at 5300 RPM??  What good is that kind of HP if it is not in the useable range??  I agree with the above posts that you need to build the exhust around the total package that you have decided for your motor but just as important you can make giant peak HP but if it is not in the useable range what is the point?

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004, 10:38:23 AM »

Regularly run mine up to the 6200rpm range where the rev limiter kicks in, that was my point about using the power that this motor can make.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2004, 01:43:05 PM »

Uh, HP is always going to peak in the upper ranges.  It's the torque you want down low.

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2004, 03:56:21 PM »

re-tread - How much time dose your motor spend at 5300 RPM??
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2004, 10:18:50 AM »

Best bang for your buck, D&D Performance Fat Cat 2 into 1. Can be bought for just over $500 with complete heat shield and performance is excellent with performance baffle installed.
[smiley=worthless.gif]
Oh yeah they also offer a ghost pipe for people who have money they want to throw away.
(did I ofend anyone, I promise it will never happen again LOL)
[smiley=laugh4.gif]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 10:19:43 AM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2004, 12:33:10 PM »

Hurt feelins??  [smiley=laugh.gif]  Offender, you should be more sensative [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I run with a single exhaust as well......and did on my last two Ultra Classics, too.

However , this exhaust looks nice to me and it's certainly one that I would check out if I were exhaust shopping.  I would be interested in seeing the same exhaust on the SEEG with the false left side, too.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Dallas

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 04:57:13 PM »

IT'S IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.  I THINK BOTH THE EXHAUST AND REAR TRUNK  &  CARRIER ARE AN EYESORE

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2004, 08:10:45 AM »

I agree with Dallas, Its all depends on what pleases you. I wouldn't put a set of those D & D's on if they were free. Looks like they came off the rt side of a 4 cyl Honda. I have had both the V & H HS Pro Pipes and S/E Pros on the same bike. Some liked it with the 2-1 some didn't. I liked both.

Spook_103

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2004, 08:10:47 AM »

Thanks for posting the picture of the D&D on your SEEG.  My Cherry 05 is due to ship on the 21st of this month.  Question: Did you have any fitment problems with the brake lever? When I put on my Rineharts on my 03, I had to grind the brake lever down and have it re-chromed.  Not much fun.  Not terribly impressed with the Rineharts for performance and the bloody baffles keep rattling loose.  Back to the D&D, is that the Fat Cat or the Borzilla?  Do you think the SE bikes have enough displacement to run the Borzilla?  Thanks for your input. Spook.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.