Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' Eagle® Electra Glide®

New guy, couple questions

(1/6) > >>

Bigmatthew86:
Hello all. Picked up a new to me 04 yesterday. Also have a 03 fatboy but decided I wanted a bagger. So far I love the bike but have been trying to find out a few things. I don't love the factory bars. I put 10's on my fatboy & want to put a set on the cvo. Will yaffe 10' bars work with stock cables & wires? Seems like wires yes & cables maybe no? Also can I change the speakers to any 5.25 or are they something special? Thanks in advance.

SIKBIRD:
I have an 04 SEEG too so here goes...the yaffe monkey bars measure out more like a 12” bar.  From what I have read, the SEEG’s have shorter wires/ throttle/ clutch cable.  I believe a true 10” bar will work but you’ll have to reroute the clutch and maybe the throttle cables.  Speakers: HD uses a different ohm (can’t remember if it’s 2 or 4)speaker than most aftermarket speakers.  You can actually fit a 6.5” speaker in the fairing with some aftermarket adapter rings.  I replaced the entire system and added 6.5” in the upper and lower fairings...it sounds awesome (to me at least).

What color is your bird?

Bigmatthew86:
It's orange & black. 11000 miles. Rinehart duals, se breather, tts mastertune. Had a dyno sheet for 102hp & 107tq. Is that doable with a stage 1 bike?

SIKBIRD:
Wow, Only 11,000 miles that’s a great find!  Pumpkins are the fastest but don’t tell the Huckleberry, Jalapeño, Cherry or Banana owners (they all mistakenly think theirs are).  The 103” in the SEEG’s are one of the best engines the MoCo has ever built. As far as dyno #s mine came in at 97hp and 101tq but my bike had 52k on the clock when I had it tuned (don’t know if that even makes a difference).  My dyno guy asked if it had an upgraded cam (I think it’s stock) so I’m thinking yours may have a different cam to produce those kind of numbers but I really don’t know.  It’s a great bike and I have no plans to ever get rid of mine! Enjoy that Pumpkin and post up some pics!

Bigmatthew86:
I haven't pulled the cover to see what's inside there. As far as I know it's factory. Are the hogtunes speakers worth it or would just going to a single din receiver & new speakers be a better option. Planning on doing bar & whatever to the radio at the same time. Also need some SE fork oil as they are too soft for my liking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version