Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Finally a delivery date  (Read 5342 times)

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
Re: Finally a delivery date
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »

I'm the in the same boat Joe but my dealer did say early next year as that is when historically they receive their CVO's. It's a bloody long time to wait for a bike.

My mate ordered the 110th Anv CVO Ultra Classic and was told the same as me but he got his bike which is 1 of only 2 coming to Oz in the 1st week of December.

Its funny as I wanted mine ASAP and he really didn't want his to come so quickly as he wanted to put some extra coin a side. Murphy's Law...
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »

Waitng patiently for my 2013 CVO Breakout-Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun. Finally got a delivery date, on or around February 15. Can't ride in Minnesota this time of year, I still want the bike here as soon as possible.

Well I received the official call from my dealer yesterday.  Ship date is Feb 15th also and should arrive at the dealer on the 17th/18th.   I put my deposit down mid October and they have always said it would probably be around late January early February.   I went with the Hard Candy Gold/Liquid Sun also!

My guess is they wanted to get a confirmed number on ordered bikes so they could have a longer production run.  Plus this probably helps with having the inventory for parts needed.  It would be interesting to know if they are really officially sold out or if they are keeping this info close to the vest.
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

joe.f

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »

There are quite a few Breakouts currently on Cycletrader, but only one in the state of New York.  There are not many "RED" Breakouts available on Cycletrader, and none available in my state of New York.  I don't have the option of purchasing a Breakout from outside New York because I traded-in my 2008 Screamin' Eagle Dyna Glide on 09/02/12 when I purchased the Breakout, and the dealership has since sold the S.E. Dyna in November.... so now I am committed for better or worse

Harley Davidson is only producing approximately 1,900 Breakouts, so I think it's time to re-tool the spray guns with the red paint!!  .... this whole deal of extending the production run is crap in my book because they are only making a finite number of these bikes this year so they should get it done or let us know what is causing the delays!!!  

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 09:10:15 PM »

Harley Davidson is only producing approximately 1,900 Breakouts, so I think it's time to re-tool the spray guns with the red paint!!  .... this whole deal of extending the production run is crap in my book because they are only making a finite number of these bikes this year so they should get it done or let us know what is causing the delays!!!  

I wonder since the painting for the Breakout is being done by Gun Slinger Customs if that may be part of the reason for the delays?
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Only 9MM

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 09:38:26 PM »

That's ridiculous!!!   Sounds like someone with that has too much money to burn or just not that smart...geez to each to own I guess.
Yes..........It sold for $12,500 above list. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I could have had it at list. ;D It will be interesting to see how well these hold there value.
2007 VRSCDX
2008 XL1200N
2009 FXSTC
2010 FLSTSE
2011 XL1200n

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:52 PM »

Yes..........It sold for $12,500 above list. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I could have had it at list. ;D It will be interesting to see how well these hold there value.

You know, I saw two 2010 Springer Softail CVO's recently go for $25,500 and $24,200 at two different dealers.  They did sit there for quite awhile until the right buyer came along, but they sold for very close to their MSRP in 2010  !!

Now that could have been an anomoly.  Since there are no springers at all in the HD line up now, that could have really helped the resale on those......

I think if HD rolls the Breakout, in a stripped down version, into the standard Softail production, that will hurt the future resale.  But if this bike is a 2013 CVO only, and sells out....well....that would be something else altogether....
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.