Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: HELP! Goldwing Bragging over Harley, Any more AMMO to shut them up?  (Read 24790 times)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: HELP! Goldwing Bragging over Harley, Any more AMMO to shut them up?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 12:38:10 PM »

saddest was what i was going for -ak
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »

First...tell them to buy you a cold beer and you will explain. After the beer is delivered start talking about everything else except HD while drinking it.

Ah...the voice of experience!   :D

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »

Here's what they're saying.....    http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/50678.html

I used to have a Goldwing.  I'm tall and felt crunched up on it.  My knees ached from having my feet behind me.  The boxer engine with chrome guard made it impossible to stretch my legs out.  I cracked my shins on the motor nearly every time I stopped.  I like laying back against the back rest with my feet in front of me now.  The one thing I miss the most is a center stand.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »

My experience:

I tell them we'll park the bikes twenty feet apart.  You pay me a quarter for every minute someone looks at mine and I'll give you a dollar for every one spent looking at yours.  No takers.

If someone says they used to have a bike and you ask if it was a Harley - and it was - they will enthusiastically tell you about it no matter if they had to push it half the time.  On the other hand, you'll hear, "No, it was just a Honda".  New advertising slogan: "Just a Honda".

Go to the Honda Hoot (brand-specific rally) and see how many persons have 'Honda' tattooed on them. 

2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »

Here's what they're saying.....    http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/50678.html

I used to have a Goldwing.  I'm tall and felt crunched up on it.  My knees ached from having my feet behind me.  The boxer engine with chrome guard made it impossible to stretch my legs out.  I cracked my shins on the motor nearly every time I stopped.  I like laying back against the back rest with my feet in front of me now.  The one thing I miss the most is a center stand.

I put on a center stand, good for wheel cleaning, I hear tell from those that clean them.

Half_Crazy

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »

Walk up to them at gas stops and say "can you make me a cappuccino?" Then look at their dash and say "hey, you have mail".

One of my best friends rides a 'Wing and we trade bikes all the time. It's a really nice bike and I enjoy riding it, but like every other bike I get on it feels slow to me.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »

I really can't believe that people are defending or comparing a Harley with a Goldwing! Why?
Jesus is Lord

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 08:00:24 PM »

I put on a center stand, good for wheel cleaning, I hear tell from those that clean them.
We're supposed to clean them?  :o

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »

Dlaws01,  It may not be apparent to you if you are not riding a Tourer...

But in the Tourer class of scooter, as an HD Owner, if you ride with them you get asked, and it is nice to have some answers because they don't get it here in Australia..  Without valuing the Heritage, and Soul, and sound of the Harley, on a practical level almost in every aspect the Goldwing Honda is better, faster, cheaper, smoother, more luxury, more features, and so on...  

They ask why would we ride a Harley, because it is not in their Heritage... It is nice to have some angles on answers that make sense to them.  As a HD man, when they ask about the new CVO I have ordered, and you tell them about looking forward to some of the options, they constantly niggle "Nice to see they are catching up to the Goldwing in technology..."  Niggle niggle niggle, in truth they don't get it.  Some of the Posts here explain whey..

You can ignore it, but the 40 posts here are responses about angles to tell them...  You never know, might make some converts.. heh he..  
Anyway, there is your why......

And Thanks to you who posted ideas, there were some good ones in there.  For me, particularly to an English Guy on a Goldwing, I had not thought of the Classic angle, the why drive a Rolls Royce or on Jaguar, for the artform and heritage. A Honda car would be cheaper and more practical, but just like with the Harley, the Honda has no Soul... heh he...

Best Regards, Cowboy

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:14:42 PM by Cowboy2 »

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »

I have had GW's and the only reason I bought them was to resell them to guys like your talking about that think they are great and sooo much better than a Harley.  I love those guys, I make a lot of money off them.  One thought he had the fastest GL1800 around and challenged me one day leaving Barber Motorsports.  I ate him up much to his wide eyed surprise.  Everyone with us dogs him about it to this day.  They are a total different bike than a Harley.  If I ever get to the point I cannot hold up a bike or turn the throtle I may consider a GW trike, they do make the best looking trike with a champion or california side car independent kit.

Tell the guys you are talking to they really don't know what they are talking about.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »

It was mentioned earlier about the looks. But I have to say, Harleys are very social. One of my favorite things to do is come from work, hop on the bike, end up 30 miles from home and stop at any place with a couple bikes outside and have a beer with the locals. Never disappointing. Its just not the same stopping for ice cream.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

hooligan

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 09 XB12X Buell Ulysses
    • CVO3: 05 XL883C
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 08:39:08 PM »

I've had Honda's when I couldn't afford a Harley...(thats why my cat is named Harley) but I can honestly say when I hop on my harley I smile the whole time.  Chit I don't even smile that much on my Buell. That never happened on a Honda.

If you want  something exciting between your legs hop on a harley "you have to get on to get off"  :bananarock:

"Life Begins When You Get One"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:42:25 PM by hooligan »
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Razor Red
SE Heavy Breather
V & H Slip ons
Power Commander 3 usb
Diamond cut Cylinders and Heads
True Track
Chrome Inner Primary & Tons of Chrome

n7543g

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »

My Harley dealer told me he hasn't had anyone come in and ask for a Harley that looks like Honda. :orange: :orange:

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »

Chicks dig Harleys. They ask for a ride. How is that working out for the Wingers?

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 10:57:28 PM »

Just tell them riding a GW is like getting a BJ from a transvestite.... They're both fun until your friends catch you doing it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.