Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Selling FXDB to US ?!  (Read 466 times)

Breaker

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Street Glide
Selling FXDB to US ?!
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »

Hello!

This might be a strange question: I recently put my old bike (fxdb streetbob) on an Austrian Internet Marketplace and got an inquiry from a lady based in Midland, MI. She wants to buy it and have it shipped to her home.

For me, this is somehow ridiculous as I am sure there are much more bikes like mine in the US available and certainly cheaper because of €/US$ Exchange rate and shipping costs on top.

Does someone of you have an idea why somebody would do this??

Thanks in advance,

Alex
"All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
Re: Selling FXDB to US ?!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »

Be VERY careful with this.  When I post anything of value on Craigslist or other non Ebay sites, 3 out of 5 responses are scammers trying to rip you off.  They will offer to send you full price , plus shipping, plus MORE for your troubles.  Then weeks or months later you find the financial instrument they paid with is bogus, and you lose everything.  I always offer to take their payment first, then if all is well, I will ship the item in 120 days.  Never heard a word back from any of them.  I've never gotten burned either!

Once again, be VERY careful.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

Breaker

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Street Glide
Re: Selling FXDB to US ?!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »

Thanks, Bill.

I already thought of this being a scam/rip off. I already asked for some kind of prove of ID and just got a strange excuse.

Greetings,

Alex
"All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 24 queries.