Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zumo and hard wired headsets  (Read 1247 times)

orgtech

Zumo and hard wired headsets
« on: August 07, 2007, 10:48:12 PM »

Have a new white SEUC comming at the end of the month. Will post pictures and more personal info then.

Had an 06 Ultra with a Zumo. My treo 650 works great with the phone book and making calls. Hearing the person is still a little weak. The big problem is no way to talk with someone.

It would be nice to have an adapter to plug into the Zumo mic input. You could plug you headset into the adapter and them plug the adapter into the normal tank plug for the headset. You would be tapping into the mic wires and plugging it into the Zumo for Bluetooth. Sounds like a simple solution.

Anyone think this would work or have a better solution?

They make these adapters for earlier than 06 but in 06 the plugs changed and there isn't enough demand for a new one. I was going to make one. I bought the male and female headset plug along with a 2.5mm plug for the Zumo in. Had a wiring diagram for the pin outs. All set to assemble and try it and then we got hit and lost the bike and I am healing and waiting for new bike now. Still may give it a try later.
Bruce

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Zumo and hard wired headsets
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:06:39 PM »

Have a new white SEUC comming at the end of the month. Will post pictures and more personal info then.

Had an 06 Ultra with a Zumo. My treo 650 works great with the phone book and making calls. Hearing the person is still a little weak. The big problem is no way to talk with someone.

It would be nice to have an adapter to plug into the Zumo mic input. You could plug you headset into the adapter and them plug the adapter into the normal tank plug for the headset. You would be tapping into the mic wires and plugging it into the Zumo for Bluetooth. Sounds like a simple solution.

Anyone think this would work or have a better solution?

They make these adapters for earlier than 06 but in 06 the plugs changed and there isn't enough demand for a new one. I was going to make one. I bought the male and female headset plug along with a 2.5mm plug for the Zumo in. Had a wiring diagram for the pin outs. All set to assemble and try it and then we got hit and lost the bike and I am healing and waiting for new bike now. Still may give it a try later.
orgtech,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: When you get a chance (or when your bike comes in) you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

If you're not interested in wiring your Zumo for phone use there are some aftermarket company's that provide bluetooth headsets that will pair w/Zumo. They are great for phone use, but there is not bluetooth stereo capabilities that I know of to listen to music also.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultra96rider

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:51 PM »

I am new to the site but familiar with your issue and have been communicating with Jon Jambor at Kennedy Cell Set since the 06 and 07 and now the 08 Harmon Kardon systems won't work with the previous HD media system.

Kennedy now has available a couple of versions of a system for our yr models with some limitations as to what will work with what. It will provide for the Zumo plugged into the AUX jack and being able to receive and talk through your helmet headset plugged into the HD media system.

His info is Kennedy Tecknology Group, 316 776 1111 in Kansas. www.cellset.com or email to Jon at Kennedy@cellset.com.

The choices are technical and it may be best to have him either explain or email what the functions would be on your bike.

Jon at J&M however has installed the HD cell phone interface system on his Ultra and is very complimentary about it's performance. I just located another individual with the system and he also is very pleased. Of course there is a cost issue vs the Zumo which willl provide several functions and you can take it with you. Your new SE will have the GPS system already installed I think, don't know about the XM Radio module being installed and just ready to be activated???

Good luck.

orgtech

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 07:51:36 AM »

Thanks for the info. I will give them a call. I did talk to both of them a few months back and they didn't have a solution at the time for the 06 and newer. Maybe now they have something.
Bruce

Page created in 1.065 seconds with 24 queries.