Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Bluetooth helmet, phone and GPS display make nice combination  (Read 6194 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Bluetooth helmet, phone and GPS display make nice combination
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 12:38:08 PM »

Here's another that might interest you Nige.  POI list for speed cameras throughout the continent.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51627

Also check out this thread generally.  It's not too long.  Guys that might be more likely to know where other collections are if they exist and a few posts at the end of the threads second (and currently last) page that describe relatively simple methods for creating your own.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58075

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 09:19:02 PM »

I have to second 2Lanes opinion here

I have had the 2820 for a while....  and a bluetooth phone... on the way out the door to Nelson i bought a Scala Rider set up.

It worked, more or less but probably more due to my cheap helmet than anything i couldn't hear the phone audio very well, the nav audio was ok and i could get by.  It is an easy to use piece of equipment but it does hang off the side of the helmet....  i think it would work much better on a good helmet as opposed to my 30 dollar flip front.  a good entry piece for those who want to dabble in the bluetooth thing without investing in a new helmet  ( PM Me)

after much discussion with a number of folks here i invested in the Nolan bluetooth rig. I had a few glitches getting it hooked up, and got to use it this weekend for the 1st time on the road...

It is amazing!  I am very glad i bought it, phone calls are quite clear and  mostly folks cant tell im on the bike.  Don is absolutely correct about the functions of the 2820, and i use them every day either in the truck or on the bike.

the audio in the helmet may not come  through in stereo, but it has plenty of volume!!!! and for theose keeping score, no i didnt buy the matching helmet color to Dons LOL

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 09:25:32 PM »

the audio in the helmet may not come  through in stereo, but it has plenty of volume!!!! and for theose keeping score, no i didnt buy the matching helmet color to Dons LOL

That red one they offer is such a good mate to the bike.  Can't believe you didn't do that  :nixweiss: ?   Oh man.......

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 09:33:47 PM »

That red one they offer is such a good mate to the bike.  Can't believe you didn't do that  :nixweiss: ?   Oh man.......

oh well

fashion plate im not

titanium

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 09:40:22 PM »

oh well

fashion plate im not

titanium

Saw those displayed once.  Not a bad color actually.  And it'll go with anything.  So no color coordinating issues with other people's bikes :2vrolijk_21: .

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 10:48:25 PM »

I put in the Nolan bluetooth last week, had a glitch and as soon as I got Nolan on the phone they talked me through the problem in 2 seconds. The Nolan instructions left one item out and the tech guy I talked to told me he spends all day telling people the same instruction over and over and over. Anyway, I have an IPhone which works fine with the Nolan N-com bluetooth but the I-Pod in the I-Phone will only work wired and will not play stereo through the N-Com. :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 10:55:14 PM »

I put in the Nolan bluetooth last week, had a glitch and as soon as I got Nolan on the phone they talked me through the problem in 2 seconds. The Nolan instructions left one item out and the tech guy I talked to told me he spends all day telling people the same instruction over and over and over. Anyway, I have an IPhone which works fine with the Nolan N-com bluetooth but the I-Pod in the I-Phone will only work wired and will not play stereo through the N-Com. :nixweiss:

MJ, I've the v3i version of the RAZR phone.  The i stands for Ipod so the phone has a multimedia audio player built in to it also.  Does the same thing.  Messed with it when it was new only to be told that audio player part of the phone devices play over a different protocol within the Bluetooth realm than does everything else.  So devices whose intent is to receive the phone/spoken word/GPS protocol within the Bluetooth spectrum won't pick up the multimedia audio protocol. 

I asked the guy a hand full of questions to see if it sounded like he was actually on the ball or just making it up as he went.  Though I wimped out and never pursued it any farther; it sounded like the guy knew what he was talking about.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 11:27:23 PM »

Saw those displayed once.  Not a bad color actually.  And it'll go with anything.  So no color coordinating issues with other people's bikes :2vrolijk_21: .

funny

I was just gonna post something to that affect
LOL

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 12:38:26 AM »

funny

I was just gonna post something to that affect
LOL

Y'know what though, you've got yours so dialed in now and adjusted to you that riding something else likely isn't nearly as much fine.  Your red bike has had more than a little accomplished with it this year.  Have to imagine that the seat and everything else is feeling pretty good anymore.  Gotta love it when you get one dialed in.  Even better when it's that sweet of a machine :2vrolijk_21: .

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 04:10:54 AM »

Nige,
Try this - H-D Dealers Europe @ GPSPassion. This website has many POI's and is where I got the US dealers from.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks Gary - I'll have a look at that when I come back from European Bike Week. Don't want to start messing with the Zumo before I go in case it decides to pass over into the GPS afterlife just before I leave.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 04:13:10 AM »

Here's another that might interest you Nige.  POI list for speed cameras throughout the continent.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51627

Also check out this thread generally.  It's not too long.  Guys that might be more likely to know where other collections are if they exist and a few posts at the end of the threads second (and currently last) page that describe relatively simple methods for creating your own.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58075

Thanks Don - some good info there, I'll pursue when I get home next week. I'm going to have to invest in the North America maps for next year so I think I'll put the Dealership lists in there as well.

Thanks for the tips.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 01:25:30 PM »

Y'know what though, you've got yours so dialed in now and adjusted to you that riding something else likely isn't nearly as much fine.  Your red bike has had more than a little accomplished with it this year.  Have to imagine that the seat and everything else is feeling pretty good anymore.  Gotta love it when you get one dialed in.  Even better when it's that sweet of a machine :2vrolijk_21: .

not quite finished yet...  called today to find out where my freaking spoiler lights are....   they have the tourpak light but not the saddle bag lights only been since april...   :(
might as well wait for all of them to come in, and do the install alll at once but JEEEZUS its been a while

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »

not quite finished yet...  called today to find out where my freaking spoiler lights are....   they have the tourpak light but not the saddle bag lights only been since april...   :(
might as well wait for all of them to come in, and do the install alll at once but JEEEZUS its been a while

April?  Good lord......  Guess we ought to be glad we didnt' get 06s.  Some of those guys took a year and a half for paint.  Guess in the MoCo's reasoning you're doing well.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 01:42:42 PM »

April?  Good lord......  Guess we ought to be glad we didnt' get 06s.  Some of those guys took a year and a half for paint.  Guess in the MoCo's reasoning you're doing well.

true

almost forgot about them!

sreaminflame

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 04:25:52 AM »

Guys enclosed the link for all the official HD-Dealers and all H.O.G. and H-D EVents all over Europe, this is a special service from Harley Davidson Europe....if you need mor information just gice me a private note  :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.hog.de/servicenav.htm

Cheerio Michael
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 24 queries.