Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GamChanger Front Compensator Sprocket  (Read 4878 times)

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

GamChanger Front Compensator Sprocket
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the "Game Changer" sprocket change out?

I am running the 49 tooth clutch basket by Evolution Enterprises. but not happy with primary noise.  I was wondering about putting the original clutch basket back in and trying the Game Changer to see if there would be any improvement.

I have tried the Harley automatic tensioner modified per Evolution Enterprises.  I have also tried the Hayden unit.  My next option would be Baker's attitude adjuster, which can't be used along with the Game Changer sprocket.   :nixweiss:

*58Vette

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond w/Crimson Tag Graphics
Re: GamChanger Front Compensator Sprocket
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 12:26:23 PM »

I'm running the Evolution 49 tooth along with the Baker Attitude adjuster and have no chain/sprocket noise at all.  It's been on the bike for 20,000 miles.

Johne

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 cvo roadglide
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »

Did the game changer on my 2011 road glide added about 19% more torque you will need a programmer that can change gear ratios or your 6th gear light and cruise won't work. If you do it I have the ratios you will need.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »

You'll get the same overall change from stock on a late model FL by swapping the 30T front belt sprocket. I posted the comparison of the math HERE. (looking for the link)

Primo game changer or 30t trans sprocket?
Although it wouldn't address the comp in any way, you can achieve about the same gearing advantage by changing the transmission output (the front belt sprocket) to the 30 tooth that is used on the trikes. I did this on my 2010 and it was a very noticeable improvement, around 10% overall.
You can modify the swing arm a bit (not major) and still run the stock belt. I would highly recommend it.
NOTE: on my 2010, after the 30T trans pulley, the 6th gear light and cruise worked just fine. The only thing askew was the speedo calibration and since I run a Power Vision it was a simple entry to fix.

The math:
Stock ([34/46 pri & 32/68 sec] and in 6th gear 1:1)
................................Overall.........................Approx
--------------------Final Drive ratio------------RPM@ 80mph
Stock     sprockets      2.875...........................3062
30T trans sprocket      3.066.......................... 3310
32T comp sprocket      3.055................ ......... 3280
BOTH     sprockets      3.258.......................... 3500

EDIT: since this discussion I have decided to go back with the "new SE" compensator 42200064A kit.
Since I already have the 30T pulley, that seemed to be the way to go.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:12:27 PM by MrSurly »
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »

I was seriously looking at installing the Game Changer on my 08 SERK, I already did the 30 tooth front sprocket years ago and since then have installed the S&S124 with 640 cams.  I kind of miss the low end grunt and the Game Changer looks like it would be a good choice along with a Bandit Sportsman clutch and the GMR Compensaver for rock solid primary.  I'm a little concerned with the sharp angle on the primary chain.  I'll wait it out and see how it holds out, tired of being a Beta tester for Harley & aftermarket parts.  Hope it works out though.     

If you go in that direction please keep us updated.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 09:06:24 AM »

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the "Game Changer" sprocket change out?

I am running the 49 tooth clutch basket by Evolution Enterprises. but not happy with primary noise.  I was wondering about putting the original clutch basket back in and trying the Game Changer to see if there would be any improvement.

I have tried sprthe Harley automatic tensioner modified per Evolution Enterprises.  I have also tried the Hayden unit.  My next option would be Baker's attitude adjuster, which can't be used along with the Game Changer ocket.   :nixweiss:

Southern Oregon Hot Bike has a true hydraulic chain adjuster. I have one on order and expect to have my hands on it by the end of the week. Go to WWW.SOHOTBIKES.COM to check it out. They also have a you tube video of the unit and installation.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 11:45:13 AM »

Just took a quick look at the Game Changer kit, and now I'm wondering why they made the radical change to the tensioner shoe since the kit supposedly comes with a new primary chain.  If they supply the proper length chain for the new gear combination, you would think the regular tensioner shoe would be fine.  I wonder what I'm missing?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 11:53:04 AM »

I called and they told me no new chain.  It is in the product photo though.

Maybe too short with one link removed ??

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 12:25:42 PM »

its a easier way to get a better ratio.. Yes other way to do it but not cost wise , and the 30 tooth is a new belt or mod the swing arm. Some got away with it but other it will not work ..  It works very well and give the bike a much better mechanical advantage. 
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »

I called and they told me no new chain.  It is in the product photo though.

Maybe too short with one link removed ??

Not only the photo, but they had it listed among the kit contents.  I guess they need to clean that up.  And I also assume it was much cheaper to create and make an add-on nylon block for the tensioner than just have a chain made in the proper length.  If I were doing it I think I'd prefer to just run the correct length chain.

To me this would definitely be a better way to alter the overall gear ratios versus the trans output sprocket change, assuming there are no problems created by that added tensioner shoe.  Those who commented about not liking the tighter radius for the chain running around that smaller gear probably forgot that the older 5 speed bikes ran much smaller crank sprockets (like 25 teeth) than the current 34 tooth Cruise Drive setup.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »

On one of the forums, I followed a thread where someone who bought the GameChanger early on DID get the chain and it was a stock length stock chain. They have since apparently quit giving away chains.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 05:36:38 PM »

I think it was in fact shorter and the block was not as thick and now its just the kit without chain.. nocents I think was the one  but not 100% sure on that , was a long post .. ha ha
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 25 queries.