Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 SEFB Temperature Management System  (Read 2356 times)

afontes

2010 SEFB Temperature Management System
« on: November 08, 2009, 10:31:23 PM »

I just picked up my 2010 SE Fat Bob. What a great bike. Been breaking it in and noticed that the temperature management system has been kicking in. I haven't even been riding it hard, only 40 miles or so. I live in NJ and the temperature is around 60 degrees outside now. I am assuming that the engine is hitting the threshold, as mentioned in the manual, of 287 degrees, but not sure it the engine is really hitting that temp before management system kicks in. Questions: Is anyone else seeing this? How can I get a good read on the engine temp when this does happen? Could the management system be off? Do the SEFBs run hot? I have not done a thing to it yet.  Any input and advice would be great.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: 2010 SEFB Temperature Management System
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »

I just picked up my 2010 SE Fat Bob. What a great bike. Been breaking it in and noticed that the temperature management system has been kicking in. I haven't even been riding it hard, only 40 miles or so. I live in NJ and the temperature is around 60 degrees outside now. I am assuming that the engine is hitting the threshold, as mentioned in the manual, of 287 degrees, but not sure it the engine is really hitting that temp before management system kicks in. Questions: Is anyone else seeing this? How can I get a good read on the engine temp when this does happen? Could the management system be off? Do the SEFBs run hot? I have not done a thing to it yet.  Any input and advice would be great.
Stock = Lean, Lean = Heat. Remedy = more fuel, letting it breath better (intake/exhaust), and tune which will = Happy Rider. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jimamtay

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE (1 mile) eyecandy
    • CVO2: 10 FXDFSE
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:10:48 PM »

Hey afontes
Congrats on the new Fat Bob, man these bikes are great fun!! :2vrolijk_21:
Firedood is dead on & I've come to expect the 110 engine to get hot (hotter than any 96 incher for sure). For example my Springer & Fatbob will melt down if left to idle too long & thats @ any ambient temp, about 7-8 minutes the engine light w/ blink & 10-12 minutes it stays on & you better start moving some air, i think w/ 110 comes heat, just my 2 cents. And where are pics??
Jimmy

afontes

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:34:18 PM »

Hi Jimmy,

They are fun. We had a nice day n NJ so i rode it to the base. What a great ride. I can't wait for the spring to take it out more. I;ll have to plan a trip south just for a ride.  I have the Pewter with the grind.  I'll get some pics soon.

Alan

2fatbob09

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58:13 AM »

Nice bikes, the newer colors are also a nice touch from last year.  Here is my experience with the heat issue:  I have had my 2009 for 15K now and the engine is fully broken in. The EIMS engages less now than when it was new. DO NOT F%#K with the EIMS, it is there for a reason, and don't buy into all this other nonsense about throwing more fuel into it to cool it. Plain and simple it does nothing more than create complications down the road and you will visit the service department more often.

A friend of mine bought the 2009 emerald/black Springer and has made exhaust and fuel ratio modifications in attempt to cool it down. He has agreed that it does not make that much of a difference in operating temps and he uses 10-15% more fuel than my stock 110. If you do make the mods and remap, make sure to use the Screamin Eagle tuner and not the other popular models.

Bottom Line:  Just ride the damn thing like you stole it and have fun.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.