Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oil Scavenge  (Read 2780 times)

tightredcorset

Oil Scavenge
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »

Came up with an inexpensive way to make an oil scavenge bypass. thought I would share.

On the newer dyna's (2006 up) if you remove the oil filler plate you can access the return port for the oil. It will be the top hole under the plate.

Take a plastic hose 90º fitting the right size. You can buy them at lowes or get a vacuum hose fitting at autozone. You can do the same thing you see on rogue's site.

Put the 90º on the hose and hold it in the hole.

Now make your own oil puck.

This “puck” part number is for 3/4"-16 threads for the oil filter. Summitt Racing also stocks these for different oil filter threads.

It will work on Softail and 2006 and later Dyna and Evo

1 - Perma-Cool 111  ¾”-16 Threads. $11.95 + 4.95 shipping.
1 - 1/8" pipe plug   Lowes  Brass $1.52
2 - 1/2" pipe plugs   Lowes  Brass $3.74   Galv $1.17  Blk 96¢
2' - hose to slide over the return line. Lowes .32¢ ft

For Evolution motors. You only need to get a watts A-300 nylon ½” pipe to 3/8” barbed fitting. Lowes $1.72 See photo below. That makes this one about $20.

For the Softail / Dyna you can put two of the nylon adapters with a hose between them. Don't let it kink.

Or you can build one like this.

I drilled sideways through to combine the chambers. I drilled down through one of the ports to enlarge the hole.

The 1/8" pipe plug goes in the sideways hole.

I used brass plugs because I had them. Galvanized or black pipe will cost less than $3.

Tips:
Install the ½” pipe plug before the 1/8” plug. You might have to drill into the ½” plug for clearance.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.