CVO Social > Other Topics

Ride Planner

(1/3) > >>

JCZ:
What Ride Planner are you guys using and are you happy with it?

pauly_2:
Hi JCZ,

I tried the Harley one, but it was a little too buggy to use in real life. It would loop around in country towns rather than ride through them, and at some roundabaouts it’d turn you (say) left, then tell you to do a u turn 100 meters down the road, and ride through the roundabaout (therefore turning right). That, along with taking us the wrong way on a reciprocal route, had me looking at other options. I’m now using apple carplay, and planning rides by “add destination”, so it ends up going to each destination you list up to the final one. This is good except it expects you to “remove” each destination as you ride through it, otherwise it just loops you back.

Didn’t think it’d be so difficult 😥

Thanks
Pauly

--- Quote from: JCZ on January 17, 2024, 07:55:07 PM ---What Ride Planner are you guys using and are you happy with it?

--- End quote ---

Hondo2doc:
Well I'm still using the Harley ride planner. Yes, it has some issues. But a couple of things. First I'm not real smart when it comes to computers, so I need things dumbed down for me. And the Harley ride planner does that for me. Law Abiding biker has some real good how to videos on using the ride planner.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave:
I use it quite for planning routes.  You have to use a whole lot of way points to make it go how you want if its not the most direct, fastest or such.  So say I want all back roads between Ten Mile TN and Salida CO.   I would drag the route to roads I wanted from close to the start.  Then I would add way points between start when where I dragged it too.  Then I would drag the route again to road I wanted, add more way points.  I kept repeating, I used tons of way points on the roads I wanted to take.  Worked good, took roads I wanted, and went though Dodge City like I wanted.  Takes a little time and effort to figure it out.  I practiced on making local routes on roads I wanted to take know it would try to change my route to bigger roads, faster roads and shorter more direct route.   I like I can save scenic loops for Say Sturgis area.  Then can use them multiple years.  Have done the same for North West AR, East TN, West NC.

KGB:

--- Quote from: JCZ on January 17, 2024, 07:55:07 PM ---What Ride Planner are you guys using and are you happy with it?

--- End quote ---

I tried the Harley ride planer, I like how it transferred from my phone to the NAV, but it seem to take a different route then what I laid out, I use My Route App,

Seems to work much nicer then the Harley App

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version