Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hey JC here are the pictures I promised ya  (Read 7241 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Hey JC here are the pictures I promised ya
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »

Porthole

Where did you find the marine GPS cradle.

SanJoseDuke

The Garmin 276/376 units are combo units, streets and marine. The package I bought came with all the mounts and power supplies I could need, except for the motorcycle specific power cord.
The unit has the roads and maps and then with a button activation I can switch it to a marine plotter with charts and bottom sounder.

FYI - maps are for roads, charts are for water.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 08:31:13 PM »

Porthole, where did you purchase the Garmin land/marine package that came w/ everything?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: GPS Mounts
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »

Here's another source for mounting solutions, and other accesories. Use one of their mounts for radar detector/GPS and decided to order another to be dedicated to GPS for longer trips. Some are pricey, but are literally bulletproof designs. Pic shows one with Valentine 1 radar detector, but GPS mount just bolts to the same plate. One recessed bolt secures it to the handlebar and Garmin already has a screw lock on their mounting cradle. Have to take some pics of mine and post em..........

http://www.saeng.com/
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 11:53:46 PM »

Porthole, where did you purchase the Garmin land/marine package that came w/ everything?

MV 2013

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 07:58:34 AM »

Hey Porthole, thanks for the info......one more thing, how do the marine functions (sounder, etc) work?  I guess there's a anchor alarm function too?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 10:22:13 AM »

Hey Spy

This is the Garmin page for the 276C
http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap276c/

And this is the page for the newer model, the 376C (cost more and more options)
http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap376c/

As far the operation. When it is in the "street mode" it works probably like most of the other typical GPS units. Shows you the detailed maps, and a variety of other "places" like fuel (have used that feature more then once), lodging etc. And you can look up addresses.
The driving directions are pretty good too.

When you switch to "marine mode" it acts just like a plotter with detailed charts.
Like I said before, I switch it back and forth between my truck, the bike, my whaler and any other vehicle I get in or boat I my drive. Heck, I even had it in the window of a 777 coming back from Vegas in February, that was cool. You can see pics of it on my whaler here

http://www.porthole2.com/porthole/photos_Whaler_3.htm

The plotter functions just like any of the other bigger plotters, just remember you are using a small screen. It has all the typical plot and navigate functions along with all the alarms.

The sounder requires a "black box" option. You can see that mounted under the whaler console here.

http://www.porthole2.com/porthole/photos_Whaler_4.htm

The transducer options are all the same, transom mount, through plastic or bronze etc. Actually, the black box is compatible with most Garmin plotters.

When the sounder is active (sorry no pictures, but I could snap a "demo mode" pic if you like), the screen switches to a "color video" mode, which can also be split with the chart. It works pretty good for what it is. I don't think I would use it as my primary on my big boat, as the unit is compact, but I don't hesitate to take it with me on the big boat. The sounder works just like any other color video sounder would.

All in all, when in either the chart plotter or Street mod the unit functions just like a dedicated unit.

Hope this helps.

MV 2013

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 10:22:27 AM »

Try a Touratech.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.