Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Hiway pegs  (Read 11070 times)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: Hiway pegs
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:07:32 PM »

Here may be the answer!

Check this out at J&P Cycles  http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=7050A0DF-11D8-4D86-98AF-06CB004467E7&search=adjustable%20mustache%20bar&store=Harley&page=1

Adjustable Mustache Bar for 2000-07 Softail® & '91-'07 Dyna® 

A cleverly designed clamp system allows the assembly to be adjusted to fit virtually every rider. The clamps can be moved up or down the down tubes and the bar can be rotated to provide fore and aft adjustment. Accepts any male mount pegs.

I may not have to cut or chop anything  :)

Wow that looks intresting, can you post a pic when you have it installed, I'd like to see it on the bike. I also thought of something mounting off the down tubes, but I'm afraid of mussin up the paint in case they ever get removed, whats your thoughts.

EAGLE1
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 04:53:59 AM »

I will post a pic once they are installed. I was thinking once I have determined the exact positioning I will put this hard rubber tape less than 2mm thick on the bar. If the clamps come completely apart it shouldnt be a problem. Hopefully this will be enough to prevent scratching.  We will soon find out  :)
Just looking to see what other goodies I want to order from J&P and have it all shipped together :pepper: 

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 07:50:43 PM »

Excellent therad, I will be waiting for those pics.
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 07:21:03 AM »

I too like the looks of that bar, think it would work great, and would be interested in seeing pics of it on.  Are you planning on using the matching Aileron foot pegs?  I used them for the passenger pegs and like the way they look on the bike, so figured I would use them for the highway pegs as well.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 08:44:49 AM »

I have a couple of observations on the Granpa's, which of course are just my opinions.  The mounting location has the advantage of using the stock location at the top of the down tubs where the factory highway bars are designed to mount.  This will prevent any potential scratching of the paint on the down tubs.  The disadvantage of this location is it is only a single mounting location and does not provide much side to side stability for the bars, since it is only a single point of mounting.  The factory bars use two additional mounting locations so do not have this drawback.  The other observation I have is the ends do not look as nicely finished on the Granpa's as on the J&P Cycle's highway bar.  The one thing I can not tell though is the quality of each of their chrome finishes.  My thoughts based on their websites only.

Full Throttle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Reading the reviews of the grampa bars many commented how they protected their bikes when they were dumped.  For myself I I dont like having the pegs that high and legs that close together when cruising. I prefer lower and wider, everyone is different but its what i like :)

I am getting the ones from JP Cycles and will post pics when installed. But the bike mods are on hold until I get back from Margarita Island...where there is a small HD Dealer and fatboys to rent :bananarock:  Gas is 15 cents a gallon and unbelievable oceanview property cheap!  May not come back! Well maybe to ship my SE Hehehe....I've already inquired about shipping  8)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »

Please dont let this thread die.I got crashbars on mine and i hate the look.If someone has an alternative i would love to switch.I like the low and wide position too.Do any of these offer a similar protection as regular engine guards do?If so i would switch in a heart beat. :drink:
Ridin Legend

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 02:30:55 PM »

I too am not real impressed with the looks of the standard crash bars.  Although the HD Mustache bar is better than most.  I think lower and wider will ultimately be the most comfortable too, but have not tried any first hand so really can't say for sure.  And while the highway bars being discussed will offer some protection, I don't think they will offer as much as the three point mounted crash bars.  But for me it is about looks first, comfort second, and protection third.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »

no, it says right in their ad;
Extended Cruise Arm Mark IV (pr)
For inseams over 31". Fits '00-'06 FLST Models ([highlight]ex. '05-'06 FLSTSE[/highlight]) Not compatible with Engine Guards.

V, the MarkIII & IV's have been discussed at lenghts and some pictures with the IV's are Here. use the search function when you are looking for something, you'll be amazed how well it works  :o

Good Luck
[size=18]EAGLE1[/size]

When I tried to visit the extended discussion with the link "here" I was sent to the original temporary screen with no further references. So, I'll put in my two cents again.

The Mark IV's  set up as one of the best mods I have ever done. It changed my riding position from floorboard uncomfortable to extremely relaxed extension of my legs and crusing position. I threw in a picture or two incase you wanted to see it instead of researching the current dead end. (I know it is temporary, no insult intended)

FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »

left and right sides to follow.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 12:49:39 PM »

The Mark IV's are fully adjustable, rotating forwards or backwards depending on inseam. The modifications to extend outword are available and installed in minutes. Now the mod to the spoiler is more work, trust that. I really love the setup without moustache or handlebars or bulky overly outstretched hardware. It's tight, low and versatile.

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »

Does anyone know if the Kuryakyn CruiseArm MARK IV very similar but bolts onto the frame instead can be installed withour modifications to the chin spoiler?

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3754

06fastboy2

• Full CVO Member
Highwaypegs
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 09:23:32 AM »

I just installed Kuryakyn Cruisearm Mark IV's on my SE Fatboy.No mods required on nose cone,I just used flatheaded bolts installed backwardsand leftout the center brace.They look great and are still strong without that bracket.

kona76

• Elite CVO Member

Re: Highwaypegs
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »

I just installed Kuryakyn Cruisearm Mark IV's on my SE Fatboy.No mods required on nose cone,I just used flatheaded bolts installed backwardsand leftout the center brace.They look great and are still strong without that bracket.

Yeah, that's too easy. I think you lose the center support. Have you tried taking off the spoiler, attach the crossbar and try it out? To me it was a completely different ride experience. I kept feeling that one side or the other was going to break free, or cross up or something. That's why I modified the spoiler in the first place. The crossbar is attached underneath the spoiler cover with lots of room there to work with.

In any case, I just wanted to point out the "design" of the cross bar seemed important enought to try it out at the very least.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.