Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New CVO SEFB  (Read 3328 times)

FG_ON_A_CVOFB

New CVO SEFB
« on: January 04, 2005, 06:30:05 PM »

I just brought a 05 se Fatboy.  It was love at first sight.  I am having one problem the bike is hard to shift and it will not go in neutral unless I turn the bike off.  I am not sure if this is part of the break in mode or I should take it back for some adjustments.  Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.  Would like some feedback!

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: New CVO SEFB
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 08:51:17 PM »

I just brought a 05 se Fatboy.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 11:07:52 PM »

i "HAD" the same exact

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 12:34:09 PM »

Mine has a bit of problem when first starting out.  I shift into first gear just fine and then second no problem.  By then I arrive at the first stop sign near my home.  When I shift back down to first and accelerate from the stop sign and then try shifting to second I really have to force it into second gear.  This problem goes away after the bike is good and warmed up.  I'm thinking the oil is the issue or maybe some sort of adjustment needs done.

mfgreen

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 12:58:01 PM »

Mine has a bit of problem when first starting out.  I shift into first gear just fine and then second no problem.  By then I arrive at the first stop sign near my home.  When I shift back down to first and accelerate from the stop sign and then try shifting to second I really have to force it into second gear.  This problem goes away after the bike is good and warmed up.  I'm thinking the oil is the issue or maybe some sort of adjustment needs done.

Not certain of your mileage.  I have found this to be a problem with many bikes using the syn-3 in the tranny, which I think is what yours was delivered with.   Other manufacturer's synthetic lubricants have been discussed in several threads and seem to have consistantly better results than the syn-3 with less wear associated with their use.  As the direction to guide you in, I don't know what you want to do except shift easier and I think a lubricant changeover would accomplish that for you.
Mike

stihlone

• if you cant cut one then stihlone
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »

FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH,,,,I JUST LEFT COLE HD IN BLUEFIELD WV AND THEY HAD A RED
SE FAT BOY ON THE FLOOR ,,,CALL BARB  AT 304-324-8116   TELL HER JULIUS REFERED  YOU
2003 ROADKING SE,,BASSANI,SE MUFFLERS,POWER COMMANDER w,SE AIR CLEANER,
2005 BANANA SCOOTER calibers and rhineharts power commander w/freedom mapp, 2007 KZ TOY HAULER,2006CHEV SILVERADO 3500  DURAMAX AND A DOG NAMED JACK...JACK DIED,,,GOT RUN OVER BY A DAMN COW TRAILER

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 07:29:45 PM »

Seems that there are an abundance of CVO bikes around.  I have 3 dealers relativley close by, all had at least a one CVO.  One had two fatboys red and blue, same one had Electra glides red and green and all had one blue  and one orange Vrod CVO.   I think Harley sales are more than a little soft!  One of the dealers still has 10 new 04's.  Ouch!

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 08:51:52 PM »

ya  2soaper, i was in Laidlaws today  and they still have their red flstfse there. i checked what # bike it was  2958, i'm juz wondering if HD is going to actually only make 3400 of these bikes or more,,,,,,,plus I got to see the  15th aniversary fatboy with the 95in. motor in it   here is the link http://www.laidlawsharley.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=07728998X2K10K2005J7I44I54JPMQ870R0&veh=19518&pov=165296
~late~ Cann

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 01:29:52 AM »

Cannibus_Man, I have to ask if you have any recolection of posting in this thread re: a spring change in your primary for the clutch, fixing the problem with these bikes not being able to get in nuetral? I can't seem to find the posting of yours, I'm quite sure you said your dealer told you there was an updated spring for this problem. If this is the case can you get a copy of the letter or at least the part number of the spring. My dealer knows nothing of an updated or softer spring to mask this problem.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 24 queries.