Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: CVO FATBOY SEAT REPLACEMENT  (Read 23273 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: CVO FATBOY SEAT REPLACEMENT
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »

I had MCseating do my seat and Pillion. I had him add gel in both seats and widen the pillion a few inches.

That's a nice looking seat I like the "Screamin' Eagle Emblem. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

rhallman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 12:57:33 PM »

How long did it take MCSeat to do the upgrade?  Looks great.....

bknott

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 07:52:35 PM »

If you call Mark at MCseating and schedule a time he can turn it around in about a week.

bknott

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 07:57:39 PM »

Thanks Fired00d... I really like that Emblem.   Thanks to a guy on this site. I just called MC seating and asked him to do a seat just like his but change the color on the Emblem to red instead of blue.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 09:20:18 PM »

If you call Mark at MCseating and schedule a time he can turn it around in about a week.

unfortunatly for many of us, in another month, it wont matter if it takes him 10 weeks  :bigcry:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 06:22:46 AM »

LOOKING FOR IDEAS ON REPLACING THE WORST SEAT THAT HARLEY HAS EVER PUT ON A BIKE.  WHAT HAVE OTHERS DONE TO GET A SMALL AMOUNT OF COMFORT???? HELP AND PIC'S WOULD BE GREAT IF POSSIBLE.
WISHBONE

I opened my seat up myself, cut out just enough of the foam and added a Saddleman Gel Pad. Then on top of that added 1/2 inch Pudgee Foam, simular to the better memory foams. That's the same high quality foam used in the better motorcycle seats and wheelchairs. I figured if it was good enough for someone who had to sit in a wheelchair all day long, it should work in a motorcycle seat. Did the whole job myself and only spent a little over $100. As far and the looks of the seat goes, this didn't change anything in the appearance of it, only raised you seat height by 1/2 inch. I never carry a passenger so the chrome pillion was just fine.  After the work was done the stock seat went from a 50 mile seat to and all day long nice comfy riding seat. Sandy
Sandy :)

Dougherty20

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the Fat Boy SE with a Sundowner seat, or has anyone tried it?  Assume it will fit?

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »

2005 OR 2006 AS THEY ARE DIFFERENT FITMENTS ????  meaning a 2005 seat will not fit on a 2006 and a 2006 will not fit on a 2005.....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:56:19 PM by WISHBONE »
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED
ALL THE CHROME THAT WOULD FIT

Dougherty20

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 07:34:02 PM »

If I were you, I would send my original seat to WWW.KNOPLACE.COM and have the gel & memory foam installed and live happily ever after. $165.00 and better sitting than a SUNDOWNER seat plus about the same money for a vinyl seat.
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 07:47:17 PM »

Does anyone have pics of the Fat Boy SE with a Sundowner seat, or has anyone tried it?  Assume it will fit?

I have the Sundowner, deep bucket, smooth model. I got it about a month ago. The wife refused to ride on the SE passenger pillion pad. I intend to just use it when I ride 2 up. I rode on it for maybe 200 miles to get use to it. It is definitely more padded, but for some reason it doesn't feel as natural as the SE seat. When I switched back to the SE seat and first sat down,it felt like it had zero padding,  but by the time I got down the street it felt natural again.
I suppose the reason the SE seat feels like I am positioned on it better, is because I have ridden on it for 2 years.

I will probably take the wife riding this weekend if the rain ever stops. Then I will take a picture, when the Sundowner seat is back on.
I have Iron Bag, saddle bags on my 2005 Se Fat Boy. In my opinion the bags help make the Sundowner look like it fits better. The Sundowner is fairly wide and without the saddlebags it might look like it was too wide for the SE style.
Tom

Dougherty20

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »

If I were you, I would send my original seat to WWW.KNOPLACE.COM and have the gel & memory foam installed and live happily ever after. $165.00 and better sitting than a SUNDOWNER seat plus about the same money for a vinyl seat.

Good point. However, girlfriend won't ride with me until I do something different.  The passenger seat from Harley for the SE Fatboy is horrible, as everyone knows.  I'm thinking about just doing with the standard Fatboy driver and passenger seat, but wondered what the Sundowner would look like.

Dougherty20

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »

I have the Sundowner, deep bucket, smooth model. I got it about a month ago. The wife refused to ride on the SE passenger pillion pad. I intend to just use it when I ride 2 up. I rode on it for maybe 200 miles to get use to it. It is definitely more padded, but for some reason it doesn't feel as natural as the SE seat. When I switched back to the SE seat and first sat down,it felt like it had zero padding,  but by the time I got down the street it felt natural again.
I suppose the reason the SE seat feels like I am positioned on it better, is because I have ridden on it for 2 years.

I will probably take the wife riding this weekend if the rain ever stops. Then I will take a picture, when the Sundowner seat is back on.
I have Iron Bag, saddle bags on my 2005 Se Fat Boy. In my opinion the bags help make the Sundowner look like it fits better. The Sundowner is fairly wide and without the saddlebags it might look like it was too wide for the SE style.
Tom

Would love to see pics with the Sundowner deep bucket.  Hey by the way, that is the same color 05 SE Fatboy that I have!

WISHBONE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »

they can do the gel & memory foam to the pillion also.
JIMS 120  145/144
SE SIX SPEED

tmitchellofpg

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »

Would love to see pics with the Sundowner deep bucket.  Hey by the way, that is the same color 05 SE Fatboy that I have!

I will put the Sundowner on and try and get a picture posted this weekend. It has been raining here since Tuesday when tropical storm Fay went by.
Tom
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.