Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: WHATS EVERYONE HAVE FOR EXHAUST  (Read 10642 times)

wiseguy

• Junior CVO Member
WHATS EVERYONE HAVE FOR EXHAUST
« on: March 15, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »

I`m running stock screaming eagle pipes right now and i`m not getting the growl i`m looking for for.I`m getting mixed reviews in drilling out the baffles.Not sure if i should get different slip on or pipes or the stage #1 ECT.

I`m not looking for a sound to wake up people for blocks around but for a deeper growl.

Any sugestions would be great! Thx

It's Not A Party Unless Someone Gets Knocked Down, Knocked Out, Or Knocked Up.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: WHATS EVERYONE HAVE FOR EXHAUST
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 07:21:19 PM »

I would guess your going to get a lot of opinions on what pipes to buy, so let me be the first to show you what I did on my sefb. I went the Rinehart staggard pipes. They look like drag pipes but that

wiseguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 07:37:53 PM »

Thx reo nice pipes.My dealer tells me they are loud and that the baffles dont help much either?whats your opinion?

Also my dealer tells me that if i drill out the baffel they seem to sound tinney?? know anything about that??

thx reo!! [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 07:38:47 PM by wiseguy »

It's Not A Party Unless Someone Gets Knocked Down, Knocked Out, Or Knocked Up.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 09:11:23 AM »

Thx reo nice pipes.My dealer tells me they are loud and that the baffles dont help much either?whats your opinion?

Also my dealer tells me that if i drill out the baffel they seem to sound tinney?? know anything about that??

thx reo!! [smiley=drink.gif]

Wiseguy I
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 09:13:32 AM by reo »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 09:23:46 AM »

some of the older stock mufflers could be drilled out and made to sound/perform very good if done correctly.  The newer stock mufflers seem to be what they call 'catalitic' or something like that  and the internal construction does not lend itself to 'drilling out the baffle'.  I know, I tried modifing my stock mufflers on the '04 SEEG because I liked the looks of them and wanted to keep them if I could get them sounding and performing better.  Didn't work.  A lot of effort and ea. attempt only made them sound worse.  Finally ended up with a 'pop pop' sound that was worse than the stock sound.  Also, some of the newer Screaming Eagle slip'ons that I've heard are not as good as the older ones....they seem to have the pop pop sound to a lesser degree.   [smiley=blank.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:12:52 AM »

You might want to check Gerald Rineharts' tech page. http://www.rinehartracing.com/tuningtips.htm  On the bigger motors (103's and up) he suggests cutting the baffles in half and reinstalling the back half.  If you're going to modify your motor to larger than a 113 or so, it's recommended that you remove the baffle completely.  I've ridden and listened to both setups and can find little difference in the 1/2 baffle other than increased dyno numbers.  No bafffle is louder, but deeper in sound.  For me, the sound really doesn't bother as I just like that Rinehart rumble.

Phatharley4me

• Ride it Like you STOLE IT !!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:06:36 PM »

I'm running V&H Big radius. They look and sound very very sweet.  I went for the looks more so than performance.  Although they are better in performance than stock.  For performance,  I would of gone with 2 in 1 but this puppy runs fast enough for me.  

Good luck!

Cannibus_Man

• Full CVO Member
  • I love to set off car alarms
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 01:13:31 AM »

Welcome Phatharley4me,

oh man those pipes look killer,,,,Real ground shaker now i bet  [smiley=laugh.gif]
I noticed the rear passenger seat.. how do you like it?
plus it looks like a smoked rear tailight.....
Keep up the great work on that Screamin' eagle!!  [smiley=laugh.gif]
~late~ Cann

Phatharley4me

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 06:40:33 AM »

Welcome Phatharley4me,

oh man those pipes look killer,,,,Real ground shaker now i bet

nhFLSTFSE

• It's time to ride
Re: WHATS EVERYONE HAVE FOR EXHAUST  PIPES
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 07:08:09 PM »

Phat...
Did you have to get retuned via computer?  Did you change out the pipes yourself?

Phatharley4me

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 07:41:33 PM »

Phat...
Did you have to get retuned via computer?

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 11:13:26 PM »

You might want to check Gerald Rineharts' tech page. http://www.rinehartracing.com/tuningtips.htm
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:04:41 AM by reo »

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 12:34:52 PM »

Hi guys, new here. I had the Reinhart True Duals on my RKC that I traded for this SE Fat Boy. I wanted something with that kind of sound, nice deep rumble. Dealer let me listen to some Screamin Eagle II slip on's that were on a Heritage Classic and a Deuce they had. They sounded pretty good to me so that's what I had them add to my new bike. They do sound great, nice deep rumber but not too loud, IMOP. My husband also has a new SE E-Glide, he switched his Reinharts TD's from his SE Road King to the new E-Glide. They  sound just as great on this bike as they did the other. You can hardly tell the difference in sound between our two bikes. So if you like the sound of the Reinharts but don't want to spend that kind of money the SE II's do have a very simular sound. ;) Sandy
Sandy :)

HarleyGirl

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 07:35:48 PM »

I put vance and hines 2 in 1 header exhaust on my red sefb.  I t looks and sounds great.  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 08:11:49 PM »

I put vance and hines 2 in 1 header exhaust on my red sefb.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HarleyGirl

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 12:54:38 PM »

Thanks,  I am fairly new to riding.  I got my licence last august.  This site is great for beginners.  If I am not riding I am on the site just trying to soak it all in.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 10:26:05 PM »

We're glad you're here and invite you to participate more.  We have several women but only two or three post much at all, so we're hoping you're going to help Mrs. We CVO (yes, there's a Mr. We CVO, too) carry that ball. [smiley=laugh.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

michburt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2005, 01:32:51 PM »

Hi guys, new here. I had the Reinhart True Duals on my RKC that I traded for this SE Fat Boy. I wanted something with that kind of sound, nice deep rumble. Dealer let me listen to some Screamin Eagle II slip on's that were on a Heritage Classic and a Deuce they had. They sounded pretty good to me so that's what I had them add to my new bike. They do sound great, nice deep rumber but not too loud, IMOP. My husband also has a new SE E-Glide, he switched his Reinharts TD's from his SE Road King to the new E-Glide. They
Just plain happy to be here, but then one reaches an age where one is happy to be anywhere.

Phatharley4me

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 12:31:19 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Did you have to have a new download when you added the new pipes?

Mike

MIKE...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 12:34:52 PM by Phatharley4me »

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 05:40:52 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Did you have to have a new download when you added the new pipes?

Mike

You know, I'm not sure if they did or not. Will check and see for you. How's the gel insert in the seat working out. Could you find out about wether or not it will freeze durning cold weather or not. Would really like to know before I add it in mine.  [smiley=blush.gif]  Sandy

arty1941

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 08:22:03 AM »

I have what I call a HD Softail Heritage Unclassic.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 08:23:49 AM by arty1941 »
There are old riders, and there are crazy riders, but you can't find many OLD CRAZY RIDERS.

arty1941

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2005, 09:56:39 AM »

How do you folks that posted the large pictures of your bikes manage to do that?  I asked in the pix section but got no replies.

Thanks
There are old riders, and there are crazy riders, but you can't find many OLD CRAZY RIDERS.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2005, 11:03:33 AM »

Pretty sure I remember posting replies to your question somewhere Art.  In any case;

1) Make sure the image isn't over 1 meg in size
2) 800x600 will be best for screen viewing
3) Make sure the filename doesn't include any characters other than alpha and numerals and underscores
4) In the same screen where you are typing up your message clock on "browse" just below the text box.  Insert accurate path information there to the picture file you are wanting to upload.
5) Hit "post."  Do not hit "Preview."  Choosing to preview the post before posting will lose the attachment.

arty1941

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2005, 03:19:59 PM »

You hit the nail right on the head.  I tried to preview it before posting, and that was what was messing me up.

Thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005, 03:52:14 PM »

You hit the nail right on the head.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005, 01:47:21 AM »

I am running Caliber pipes.  They are made by sampson exhaust. Much like the V&H they are stepped header pipes, except they are the only 4 step header pipe available for a v-twin. They sound fantastic on both my Heritage Classic and my SE Fatboy, they are a bit louder on the 103 VS the 88 but they are not earbursting loud either. These pipes will deliver as much more HP as you can possibly gain from just pipes ( they claim 25 percent ) which includes all the 2-1 systems. I don't know if 25 percent is true but there is a noticeable difference in acceleration power. I did not add a race tuner or anything I just bolted them right now and run them. I do have a bit of a sputter when I let off the throttle , but I am sure it will be all good once I get up the cash to get a race tuner installed ( since I dont have this problem on the flstci that is race tuned) , but its not a big enough problem to make me want to put the stockers back on. The fit and finish is great full cover heat shields, baffles were a bit tough to get in, probably could never get them out again since I had to use a block of wood and a hammer to pop them into the ends of the pipes ( they come with two sets I used the obviously more free flowing baffles ). I had these pipes on the Heritage classic and loved them so much I invested another 750 beans for my fatboy, I won't use any other pipes. Tried lots, some sound louder, some look cooler, but for a combination of looks and sound and performance it is my opinion that you can't get a better pipe, BTW 4 thousand miles and not one bit of blueing on the Heritage Classic. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 01:17:52 AM »

Here is a pic of my bike with the Caliber exhaust pipes. They only appear to be fat drag pipes, they are actually baffled and have a 4 step header. Hooker, Reinheart, and V&H are only three step headers, supposedly this helps in recovering some lost ponies freely flowin!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 10:01:17 PM »

wow guys, reading all of the posts on the pipes has really made my decision making
much easier, I thank all of you for your input and pictures. I haven't got my bike yet but the very first thing I know I must change is the pipes. I want them to hear me coming a mile away. I have narrowed it down to either the Rinehart staggered pipes that reo has or the V&H big shot staggered pipes that bud man choose. has anyone been able to
hear both of these pipes, and which of the two is louder and which has the better performance gain. im getting my bike at the end of October so I still have some time to think about this and I will definitely break in the bike with the the stock setup before I do anything. I think both of your bikes look bitching, so making my final decision will be tough. by the way I made my intro post under the 2006 FLSTFSE2  thread, thanks again for all of your insight!!!
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 08:41:19 AM »

I had the dealership put them on and no tuning.

Huntley_Harley

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 07:01:02 PM »

Hi Everyone Just logged in. Screamin Eage makes pipes for bike. Here is mine

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 07:30:31 PM »

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:56:08 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Huntley_Harley

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 08:25:07 PM »

The pipes are screamin eagle. I need to check my spelling. I got them from the Harley Dealer. They are loud.  Also better performance. The Dealer also did the techlusion racefueler. Bike responds very well.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2005, 05:20:46 PM »

Hi Everyone Just logged in. Screamin Eage makes pipes for bike. Here is mine

Those are the ones that I have on my bike now. We started out with the Screamin Eagle II's, which I really loved the sound of, nice and deep without being too awful loud. But they were a good deal louder than those stock pipes, looked like the same set up on the bike too. My dealer didn't do the remap that he should have, so the pipes started turning copper right where they slipped on. They warranted them for me so I went with different pipes so that maybe I could get some larger detachable saddlebags and alsos added the Race Tuner Kit this time. The pipes like you and I have are called Screamin Eagle 16 Gauge Double Barrels part #64901-02. Cost is $525 a set Plus around $70 for labor to install them. They sound great too, nice real deep rumble.   [smiley=cherry.gif]  Sandy

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2005, 01:27:19 AM »

My Odometer was 73 miles larger and my full gas tank was empty on pick up.

Run 20 is the last run they showed me the stats from, Between run 01 and run 20 I gained a whopping 2hp and 3 lbs of torque. But the air/fuel ratios were obviously worked over well. The run 01 had a bunch of wavey lines, it about dropped off the bottom of the chart at 2300 rpms, now its a fairly str8 line that gradually slopes downwards and no longer reads like an EKG. The bike does run much better. I just wasn't prepared for the sticker shock.Between the race tuner and the tune and detach sideplates, sissy bar, seat, sissy bar pad, footpeg mounts, footpegs and hardware I put another 2500 in my bike this week.........and I wonder why my wife gets upset when I tell her I am going to the stealer to check out some things.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 01:33:30 AM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2005, 01:35:40 AM »

Screamin Eagle 16 Gauge Double Barrels part #64901-02. Cost is $525 a set Plus around $70 for labor to install them. They sound great too, nice real deep rumble.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2005, 01:42:02 AM »

5 hours on the dyno tuner for a custom map!

Five hours?  To tune one bike?  Holy crap!  If it were mine I'd like to know how many runs they pulled and get an idea how long the bike ran and how hot they got it.

Huntley_Harley

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005, 09:01:27 AM »

I paid $1050.00 for the screamin eagle 16 ga. pipes and techlusion racefueler installed at the dealer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.