Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Pipes?? What's the verdict ?  (Read 6513 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: Pipes?? What's the verdict ?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 08:31:17 PM »

I did look at the SE 16 Gage but did prefer the cleaner lines of the Vance & Hines bigshots.I think they sound pretty much the same.
Are you running the SERT? if so what map do you have downloaded?

From everything that we looked at I thought these 16 Gauge pipes where pretty clean looking. Very nice chrome job all over and nice trim pipes that open up the rear wheel area a whole bunch, can see much more of the rear wheel. We added the Race Tuner kit, I think it's a Screamin Eagle kit, I personally don't know much about it, but it sure seems to have helped the preformace with it and the new pipes. I do know that it down loads into the bike and should I take these pipes off to run on maybe another FB in the future they can unload it back into a disk or something that I still have and it can be used again on another bike. Something like that anyway. Sandy

Sandy unfortunately the race tuner cannot be used on another bike. The unit marries itself to the first bike it is used on and cannot be used on another bike after that happens. It's a way to seel you another part if you ever change bikes. Just thought you might like to know. As far as going back to stock. It sounds reasonable but when I went to sell my Heritage Softail I wanted to put the stock pipes back on and take my performance pipes off to put on my fatboy. My stealer told me they could NOT go back to stock on the Heritage and I would need to buy new pipes for the Heritage. I put faith in their word on this since THEY payed for the new pipes on the fatboy since part of the deal when I baught it was they would swap the old pipes off the Heritage. I don't think they would have baught me 800 dollar pipes if they could have avoided it. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 12:31:35 PM »

Best sounding, I may be a bit pregidous but I would say Rineharts. They may be louder than you'd like but they have the deepest sound you will find, especially on a 103.
reo.....

reo, i really like the looks of the Rineharts, right now its my first choice for pipes, with the V & H bigshots in close second. i was wondering what setup are you running, Are you running the SERT? if so what map are you utilizing?  and did you get it dynoed? i am wondering how much performance you gained with the Rineharts.
thanks for any help

cheers [smiley=drink.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 08:15:47 AM »

Phil, I apologise on the pic's. Crazy time of year. They will be here monday Guaranteed.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 08:42:54 AM »

reo, i really like the looks of the Rineharts, right now its my first choice for pipes, with the V & H bigshots in close second. i was wondering what setup are you running, Are you running the SERT? if so what map are you utilizing?  and did you get it dynoed? i am wondering how much performance you gained with the Rineharts.
thanks for any help

cheers [smiley=drink.gif]
I'm using the race tuner, and I had it dynoed to get the mapping needed, havent seen any maps for the rineharts with the 103 yet available on hdmaps.com. Big difference in all around drivability and upshifting performance since having it set up. I never used the bike with the stock pipes, the dyno with the stock map and rineharts was 83 hp after the new map they got 93 then worked on the af and the final hp was 92. It was very hot and humid that day, making for a poor air density so I'm sure this horsepower would come in much higher on a cool dry day I would guess 98 hp......reo

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 09:14:51 AM »

Sandy unfortunately the race tuner cannot be used on another bike. The unit marries itself to the first bike it is used on and cannot be used on another bike after that happens. It's a way to seel you another part if you ever change bikes. Just thought you might like to know. As far as going back to stock. It sounds reasonable but when I went to sell my Heritage Softail I wanted to put the stock pipes back on and take my performance pipes off to put on my fatboy. My stealer told me they could NOT go back to stock on the Heritage and I would need to buy new pipes for the Heritage. I put faith in their word on this since THEY payed for the new pipes on the fatboy since part of the deal when I baught it was they would swap the old pipes off the Heritage. I don't think they would have baught me 800 dollar pipes if they could have avoided it. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Something sounds fishy with all that to me. We were told by our dealer that we could download and reuse the race tuner. A friend of ours said he has done this with a bike he just traded in a few months ago and the one he has now. Also my husband's last bike was a SE Road King which he had added Reinhart Exhaust too, don't remember if he had added the race turner or power commander kit to it or not. But he did have our dealer take the Reinharts off that bike and is now running them on the SE EGlide that he purchased when I got my SE Fatboy. Something just don't sound right on what you have been told. Sandy
Sandy :)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 09:24:03 AM »

Something sounds fishy with all that to me. We were told by our dealer that we could download and reuse the race tuner. A friend of ours said he has done this with a bike he just traded in a few months ago and the one he has now. Also my husband's last bike was a SE Road King which he had added Reinhart Exhaust too, don't remember if he had added the race turner or power commander kit to it or not. But he did have our dealer take the Reinharts off that bike and is now running them on the SE EGlide that he purchased when I got my SE Fatboy. Something just don't sound right on what you have been told. Sandy

I too was told this. Once you install the SERT on one bike, and "marry" the cable to that bike, you cannot use that cable on any other bike except the original. I was told to make sure I don't loose this cable because if I did then I would have to buy the entire SERT again. Once you hook the cable up to your bike (first time use) it does something internally to either cable or RT so that it will know if you try to use it on another bike.

Now you can if you change/modify something on your bike go back and re-tune it. If you decide to change pipes, cams, or upgrade/change any other motor configurations you are able to adjust maps. So you are able to do new downloads, and re-use it, but only on the original bike it was installed in.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 11:10:15 AM »

To try and explain the two different re-mapping options, making it crystal clear, the power commander goes in series after the ecm before the engine making the correct adjustments to the fuel injectors to get the correct air fuel ratio. The ecm/engine don’t even know its there.

The race tuner is simply a communication device to the ecm to change the mapping inside the Delphi ecm. Once the mapping has been changed you take it off the bike because it is not needed. The module is the important thing the cables are not unique, I will bring my module wrapping it in bubble wrap inside a zip lock, in case I need to have the computer worked on during a long trip. The cables are universal  but the module once initiated to the ecm is then locked and can only be used on the vin it initiated with. If anyone tells you anything different they either don’t know this or are lying….reo

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2005, 11:21:16 AM »

.......The [highlight]module[/highlight] is the important thing the cables are not unique, I will bring my module wrapping it in bubble wrap inside a zip lock, in case I need to have the computer worked on during a long trip.….reo

Reo,
Are you able to post a picture of the module? I knew there was something specific about not being able to use RT on only one bike. The statement you made about bringing module with you on a trip makes sense and may be something I want to put in my "emergency kit" for traveling. Thanks for the info.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2005, 11:43:05 AM »

I'm using the race tuner, and I had it dynoed to get the mapping needed, havent seen any maps for the rineharts with the 103 yet available on hdmaps.com. Big difference in all around drivability and upshifting performance since having it set up. I never used the bike with the stock pipes, the dyno with the stock map and rineharts was 83 hp after the new map they got 93 then worked on the af and the final hp was 92. It was very hot and humid that day, making for a poor air density so I'm sure this horsepower would come in much higher on a cool dry day I would guess 98 hp......reo

reo, thanks again  [smiley=drink.gif] i am sure glad there is guys like you out there, because as i said in some other posts, this is my first injected bike and i didnt have a clue  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] on what to do before reading all the info provided here.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Happy Holidays  [smiley=drink.gif]

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2005, 11:59:48 AM »

Reo,
Are you able to post a picture of the module? I knew there was something specific about not being able to use RT on only one bike. The statement you made about bringing module with you on a trip makes sense and may be something I want to put in my "emergency kit" for traveling. Thanks for the info.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Here's a pic of the module (bottom right), the software, bubble wrap/rubberbands, and the cables. One cable is a standard 9pin rs232 serial and the other is a proprietary cable but any Harley dealer that would be working on your software would have this cable as it comes with the kit. Hope this helps.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2005, 07:05:46 PM »

Here's a pic of the module (bottom right), the software, bubble wrap/rubberbands, and the cables. One cable is a standard 9pin rs232 serial and the other is a proprietary cable but any Harley dealer that would be working on your software would have this cable as it comes with the kit. Hope this helps.

Reo,
Thanks!!! After asking about this I went and looked in box for my SERT kit, and figured what you described would be the module. All you are taking is the module with you on trips; the black and grey cables should be at dealership and can be used on different bikes? Thanks for the clarification, and suggestion of "emergency" equipment. I haven't heard of an ECM dumping a map, but like anything electronic it can happen, better to be safe and have module and not need it, then need it and not have it. Thanks again.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »

V&H Big Radius-

wiseguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2005, 07:32:49 PM »

Wow!! Pucken EH MAN!! Those are sexy as hell.Bet they sound nice on your 103

Looks good tune! keepem comming!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

It's Not A Party Unless Someone Gets Knocked Down, Knocked Out, Or Knocked Up.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

V&H Big Radius-

jim
real nice  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

just wondering did ya just bolt em up, or did you remap?  does V&H have a map for the 103?

cheers  [smiley=drink.gif]

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2005, 08:03:45 AM »

here's another.

Eagle, I had them installed before I picked it up- They installed a Map with it
which had it popping lean miserably. 750 miles later the race tuner gets loaded,
they get it on the Dyno and Tune it. It did bolt right up though- I think they charged
me 1.2 hours- which I thought was reasonable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 24 queries.