Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Just checked a Milwaukee 8 out....  (Read 19553 times)

ultrarider123

Re: Just checked a Milwaukee 8 out....
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »

K'ville HD is wrong.  The new requirement is 2 years or 30,000 miles.  The older models were 10k.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=109282.msg1401343#msg1401343

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.  Actually, the spark plug interval on my 2015 is 2 years, 30K miles.  Since I had not seen the new 2017 service manual (and can't get to anything on the MoCo website except what I own with the VIN... >:( ) I had to go with what he stated until I could verify his statement or see he was mistaken.  We can always count on you, sir... :2vrolijk_21:

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 09:39:13 PM »

Thanks Jerry.  Actually, the spark plug interval on my 2015 is 2 years, 30K miles.  Since I had not seen the new 2017 service manual (and can't get to anything on the MoCo website except what I own with the VIN... >:( ) I had to go with what he stated until I could verify his statement or see he was mistaken.  We can always count on you, sir... :2vrolijk_21:

here's a little tip.  when you go to the moco owners manual website, instead of putting in your vin number, go up to the address bar, and back it up a little.  I don't know why, but it wants to default to https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/vehicle/lookupForm  and that will only allow you to enter a vin number.  back it up so that it says https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip  and from there you can sign in as an 'independent operator'.  from there you'll be able to pull up by model and year.  you may have to re-register, but it's still a great resource to have.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:40:59 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

johnmowcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »

K'ville HD is wrong.  The new requirement is 2 years or 30,000 miles.  The older models were 10k.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=109282.msg1401343#msg1401343

Jerry

Does that mean these new engines rev at 1/3 the old engines per mile, or are these magic plugs that last three times longer? Or have they been kidding us about the 10k plug change.

JohnT

Tractor Bubba

• Full CVO Member
  • Life's Short - Eat your dessert first!
    • GA

• CVO1: '19 FLHTK Ultra Limited - Silver Flux/Black Fuse
    • CVO2: '14 FLHRSE Road King - Tribal Orange/Galactic Black
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 08:00:14 PM »

Does that mean these new engines rev at 1/3 the old engines per mile, or are these magic plugs that last three times longer? Or have they been kidding us about the 10k plug change.

JohnT

My opinion (only)...the Motor Company has been vastly conservative with the 10k change recommendation. But, I just changed mine out today at the recommended 10,000 mile service.
Just too darn "trained" to follow the book, I guess. After all, they're pretty cheap, and not difficult to replace. Better safe than sorry, I suppose!
2019 FLFRTK
2014 FLHRSE6

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 08:50:52 PM »

My opinion (only)...the Motor Company has been vastly conservative with the 10k change recommendation. But, I just changed mine out today at the recommended 10,000 mile service.
Just too darn "trained" to follow the book, I guess. After all, they're pretty cheap, and not difficult to replace. Better safe than sorry, I suppose!

my 2010 recommended replacement every 20k.  my wife's 2012, same 20k.  my 2013, every 2 years, 30,000.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

johnmowcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2016, 03:43:42 PM »

JohnT

There was a little tongue in cheek there, not to be taken seriously.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »

IM shocked, that  A Harley Dealership would give out bad info. LMAO

ultrarider123

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »

here's a little tip.  when you go to the moco owners manual website, instead of putting in your vin number, go up to the address bar, and back it up a little.  I don't know why, but it wants to default to https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/vehicle/lookupForm  and that will only allow you to enter a vin number.  back it up so that it says https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip  and from there you can sign in as an 'independent operator'.  from there you'll be able to pull up by model and year.  you may have to re-register, but it's still a great resource to have.

That worked.  Thanks skratch, that will come in handy.  K'ville was wrong.  Both the CVO and regular replace intervals of the spark plugs are still at 2 years or 30,000 miles.  I'll have to talk to them on this one....

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2016, 07:48:02 AM »

I attended Demo Days yesterday at Benson Harley Davidson and was able to ride the CVO Limited and Street Glide. I was prepared to be impressed slightly after reading some reviews. I was totally blown away. The new motor is fantastic! Lower heat, greater acceleration, less vibration and more. The new suspension is a home run too. I tried to hit every patched chuck hole and was not disappointed in both bikes manners. I urge anybody to get some miles on one and see if you agree with me.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

DoverCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 09:03:47 PM »

I went to Seacoast Harley in North Hampton New Hampshire yesterday and today, and tested the new Milwaukee 8. I rode the Street Glide, Limited, and Road Glide. I've gotta say that I did really enjoy the ride and smoothness of all 3 bikes and could see me with a new Limited or Ultra CVO. I currently have a Ultra CVO and feel my bike still has more torque.  They have made the new engine so smooth, I almost feel like I'm riding a Japanese bike. I like the rumble of the Harley, however as a touring bike, I can see how the smoothness would give less fatigue. In all I think Harley did a great job on the new engine and hope they continue on there new innovations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2016, 08:57:43 AM »

I test rode a Blue 17 CVO Street Glide Sunday and I really liked everything about it. The acceleration of the stock 114" impressed me. I would think that with the 117" kit and a proper exhaust and tune it would be sweet.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2016, 06:57:54 AM »

I test rode a Blue 17 CVO Street Glide Sunday and I really liked everything about it. The acceleration of the stock 114" impressed me. I would think that with the 117" kit and a proper exhaust and tune it would be sweet.

1194 miles on my SESG and the 114.  I'm waiting for a Fullsac exhaust to be available.  I really think that alone will be a huge help.  This cat is a lot more restrictive than in years past.  If it's not enough help, then and you point out there is the 117 kit.  I feel this bike is stronger than the 110 SERGU I traded in, and that bike had a exhaust and tune.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »

1194 miles on my SESG and the 114.  I'm waiting for a Fullsac exhaust to be available.  I really think that alone will be a huge help.  This cat is a lot more restrictive than in years past.  If it's not enough help, then and you point out there is the 117 kit.  I feel this bike is stronger than the 110 SERGU I traded in, and that bike had a exhaust and tune.

Yeah Dave, I agree. I was shocked at the acceleration it had, being stock. I'm trying to get one of my friends to take a test ride so I can see how it compares, side by side, to my Ultra. I was impressed with the ride and handling too. I'm, kind of, glad that none of the paint jobs really grabbed me. I can't justify having a third bike and I don't want to get rid of either of the ones I have (right now  ::) ). If the M8 engine proves to be reliable I'll be looking at them hard in '18. Congrats on your new one. I know you'll be putting it through its paces and I'll be watching for your reports.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.