Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: MILES  (Read 9110 times)

ultrarider123

Re: MILES
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »

Actually, my '12 did it when I changed the clutch fluid.  I did it again thinking I had done something wrong and yep, still there.  My '15 did it from day one and still does.  No slipping on either bike, just feeling it in the lever.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »

Actually, my '12 did it when I changed the clutch fluid.  I did it again thinking I had done something wrong and yep, still there.  My '15 did it from day one and still does.  No slipping on either bike, just feeling it in the lever.
None of the Harleys I've owned had this - ability to 'feel' the shift through the clutch lever - including my '12.  First time I ever noticed it was on the test ride of the 2017 Limited.  It wasn't terribly objectionable, just noticeable.  Still wonder exactly what the cause is.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »

I have a 15 Limited CVO and I can feel the shift in the clutch handle also. I could not feel the shift in my 09 Ultra CVO.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 10:31:58 PM »

I have a 15 Limited CVO and I can feel the shift in the clutch handle also. I could not feel the shift in my 09 Ultra CVO.

Can't feel it on mine
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 02:05:10 PM »

FWIW. Clutch on my 2013 RG CVO has always been "late" to enage, but not on my 2011 CVO SG. Was told nothing they could do to adjust the hydraulic clutches. I just accepted the explanation. No big deal.
2013 CVO Roadglide

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 02:35:31 PM »

While I have no personal experience with the new bikes I have recently watched quite a few Youtube Vlogs on them and one guy reported about the lower idle actually made the bike stall on him while driving through the obstacle cone courses. It seemed to happen when dropping down to an almost stop and then trying to pull back out of it. Other than that pretty much as others have said comments same about the exhaust note and seeming to have more acceleration in stock form. And these were all the 107 motors so far. The stalling situation happened several times. As he said maybe this is something that can be adjusted at a later time.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 07:30:07 PM »

i rode a 107 street glide (17) seems it has better low end power and a smooth ride. i liked it.

rockytop117

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »

They must have missed that during the 1,000,000 miles of testing.   :oops: :nixweiss:
Bike was on a trailer behind a 6.4L Powerstroke...
11 SERG.
117ci
570G S&S
RB RACING 2-1
SE 58MM TB
HPI INJECTORS
WFO LARRY HEADS
COMP 10:2 CCP 190
DIRECT LINK TUNE BY STROKERJLK
SAE128.09/STD131.32 HP  TQ135.89 std 139.31
RC COMPONENTS WHEELS & A/C
VPC 92 CLUTCH
FOSGATE AMP, FOCAL SPEAKERS

Eccool

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »

While I have no personal experience with the new bikes I have recently watched quite a few Youtube Vlogs on them and one guy reported about the lower idle actually made the bike stall on him while driving through the obstacle cone courses. It seemed to happen when dropping down to an almost stop and then trying to pull back out of it. Other than that pretty much as others have said comments same about the exhaust note and seeming to have more acceleration in stock form. And these were all the 107 motors so far. The stalling situation happened several times. As he said maybe this is something that can be adjusted at a later time.

If HE stalled it, it's because he hasn't figured out the proper ratio of clutch to throttle on the new bike.  All bikes are different.

crobson

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2013 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2o17 cvo streetglide
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 06:58:35 AM »

now have 1000 miles on it. so far really like it, not sure why but handles very well in windy conditions. Haven't noticed the clutch stuff others talked about, personally like the clutch my 13 seemed to slip to go this seems to really grip when let go. motor is definitely quitter and seems to have plenty of power till above speed limit then guess kind of chokes out, sure different pipes will remedy this. Love the features etc. Does feel as though I get a lot of heat on my right calf suppose from the catalytic converter maybe. All in all very happy so far

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »

Does anyone know what the top speed is on a stock 114?
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.