CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Android Cell Phones & HD Connect

(1/3) > >>

PeterJ:
Do you know if the H-D Connect works with Android as well as Apple iOS phones please?

I know that only Apple Carplay will only work on the 2019 / 2019 BoomBox GTS head unit.

Thanks

Eqcons:
Pretty typical HD short sightedness if it doesn't, Peter.  Android outsells iPhone 3:1 and Harley would choose to not include Android Auto support.  I guess the man responsible at HD is an iPhone user, with the usual MoCo blinkered view of what the owners want or need.

PeterJ:
I have since read the stuff on the HD Website. Looks like the HD-Connect does work with both Android and iOS.

Eqcons:

--- Quote from: PeterJ on October 23, 2019, 10:16:21 AM ---I have since read the stuff on the HD Website. Looks like the HD-Connect does work with both Android and iOS.

--- End quote ---

Good! (but surprising.....)  ;D

Harley_Bob:
HD Connect works with Apple Car Play, but does not work with Android Auto. I have read that the Android Auto devs need to update to make it compatible with the GTS Infotainment. The issue I am having is the HD icon on my 2020 Infotainment system is grey'd out and I cannot transfer routes from my Galaxy S10+ to GTS either wired or wireless. My wife's iPhone will transfer perfectly. Music and phone calls will work with Android.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version