CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

New GTS now made to fit 2014-2018 bikes.

(1/6) > >>

WildmanUltra:
https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/boom%21-box-gts-radio-kit-pa-08-76000834a-1

So it seems HD might have listened to consumers and is now offering the GTS radio for our older Rushmore bikes.

So I have some questions and thoughts on this. I know the GTS boots up faster than the old GT radios but I am wondering if all the other features of the GTS will work on the older bikes? Will we get all the engine info that the GTS offers?

And then the one option that while I wish my 2015 had it isn't a HUGE thing for me. That is the TPMS..... I read the thread about using a BCM from say a 2016 bike but from what I read no one has actually tried it out to verify if it would work or not.

My last question is for those of you who have a GTS radio. I have a 64gb thumb drive that I have 40+gb of music on and my current GT radio takes time to boot up and then load the thumb drive. I've talked to others who are using smaller thumb drives and they say it takes a long time for their drives to boot up also. So does the GTS boot any faster when you are using a thumb drive for your music?

mjb765:
Fits 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra but not 2015 CVO Street Glide? Weird, wrong or is it something to do with the Boom Stage2 and the amps?

UPDATE...

Found it for the CVO Street Glide..different part number.  Maybe flashed for amps?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/boom%21-box-gts-radio-kit-pa-08-76000829a-1

iski:
Found 2 that will fit my 2017. 

76000829A  Sale $1519.96$  1899.95

76000511  Sale $1359.96  $1699.95

Top one has buttons, bottom one does not.  Not considering either one of these units.  If anybody out there offered a Plug & Play, with all the features my 2017 Itaint offers except in good & reasonable working order, I would consider that.  Any alternative to the POS Itaint that was more user friendly, basically, but not another HD thousand dollar+ glitch screened abomination.

skratch:

--- Quote from: WildmanUltra on December 01, 2019, 04:57:27 PM ---

My last question is for those of you who have a GTS radio. I have a 64gb thumb drive that I have 40+gb of music on and my current GT radio takes time to boot up and then load the thumb drive. I've talked to others who are using smaller thumb drives and they say it takes a long time for their drives to boot up also. So does the GTS boot any faster when you are using a thumb drive for your music?

--- End quote ---

I've not used a 64g thumb drive on mine, but it is 32g.  the first time, it takes a little time to 'index' the files, maybe 30 secs to to a minute.  but definitely not a long time.  afterwards, I've even removed mine to plug in a different one, and when I plug the original back in, it's back to playing music within 10 seconds.

going from the stock hk in the 2013, skipping the first gen infotainment and going straight to the gts, i'm actually pretty impressed with the performance of it.  I haven't encountered all the different 'glitches' that people have been complaining about between music playback and nav.  I don't have a wired headset, so I can't comment on things that use voice activation.

WildmanUltra:

--- Quote from: skratch on December 02, 2019, 08:08:11 AM ---I've not used a 65g thumb drive on mine, but it is 32g.  the first time, it takes a little time to 'index' the files, maybe 30 secs to to a minute.  but definitely not a long time.  afterwards, I've even removed mine to plug in a different one, and when I plug the original back in, it's back to playing music within 10 seconds.

going from the stock hk in the 2013, skipping the first gen infotainment and going straight to the gts, i'm actually pretty impressed with the performance of it.  I haven't encountered all the different 'glitches' that people have been complaining about between music playback and nav.  I don't have a wired headset, so I can't comment on things that use voice activation.

--- End quote ---

Well to give you an idea what the GT is like every time I start my bike it can take 3-8 minutes for radio to reload all the files on my thumb drive. And songs that I have tagged as favorites don't show up half the time. And then there is the issue where it doesn't save the shuffle setting every time it is started so you have to go into the settings and select shuffle again. All small glitches but can be a PITA. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version