CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

2020 GTS radio in a 2018

<< < (4/5) > >>

Puzzled:
Does the radio recognize my bike, is this because I flashed it on a CVO? I know this didn't radio come out of a CVO. I'm glad the CVO screen flashes.

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: Puzzled on February 11, 2020, 02:58:31 PM ---After some guidance and reading I discovered I had to plug the radio I purchased into a 19/20 model year bike to update it. I used my Buddy Mikes 2019 CVO. It is interesting that the new bikes don't come with a printed owners manual. I found the download version however I would like the printed version to keep in the bike.

--- End quote ---

I don’t have the part # for the 2020 gts manual but here is the 2019 #
Don’t believe your dealer if they tell you that there is no printed manual.
They told me I’d have to download the pdf files.
There are some differences in the 2019 vs the 2020 radio, but I’m not sure what they are and you can bet the part number has changed also.
Good luck 🍀
 :nixweiss:

HOGMIKE:
Guess I can’t send 2 photos in one reply  :nixweiss:

Bobs14Limited:

--- Quote from: HOGMIKE on February 11, 2020, 09:21:16 PM ---I don’t have the part # for the 2020 gts manual but here is the 2019 #
Don’t believe your dealer if they tell you that there is no printed manual.
They told me I’d have to download the pdf files.
There are some differences in the 2019 vs the 2020 radio, but I’m not sure what they are and you can bet the part number has changed also.
Good luck 🍀

--- End quote ---

My dealer contacted Harley about the printed owners manual for the GTS. Harley claims the 2019 GTS manual would also be the same for 2020, so they never printed a 2020 GTS manual. My dealer ordered one, but it's on backorder for a month. Seems Harley only prints a very small amount a year.
I hope mine causes them to shell out some money for it and it takes away the stockholder profits.  :)

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: Bobs14Limited on February 12, 2020, 07:14:04 PM ---
My dealer contacted Harley about the printed owners manual for the GTS. Harley claims the 2019 GTS manual would also be the same for 2020, so they never printed a 2020 GTS manual. My dealer ordered one, but it's on backorder for a month. Seems Harley only prints a very small amount a year.
I hope mine causes them to shell out some money for it and it takes away the stockholder profits.  :)

--- End quote ---

What the dealer is telling you MAY be true as I haven’t played with the H-D connect service yet.
I’m not sure if the 2019 and 2020 radios are the same, a quick check of part numbers may tell you something.
It’s entirely possible the the H-D Connect is stand alone to your phone and will show up in “CAR PLAY on your screen.
Maybe some one will have those details available?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version