CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

GTS stereo

<< < (3/3)

Bobs14Limited:

--- Quote from: harleychef2011 on February 19, 2020, 07:51:26 PM ---Ok... Ok... Yes, I used the wrong term (mono).  Sirius DOES broadcast in stereo but at an extremely high compression, which affects the overall sound quality and has very low definition.  Apps like Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora that broadcast in HD audio (higher bit rate) sound EXPONENTIALLY better through the system, in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

Those other music sources might be fine IF you receive cell service and you have an unlimited data plan. Sirius/XM has worked well for me for over 15 years now.
Can't really do without it in any of the vehicles.

load97:
I don't know about whether XM is in mono or stereo (I'm sure it's in stereo), but I agree it mostly sounded like crap and in mono on my 19' CVO as well as my 17' CVO. I had to fight damn near to the death lol to get my free 3 months subscription & now that the subscription has expired I probably won't renew.

iski:
It's a compressed stereo signal.  I dropped it after the 3 months & play MP3s instead on the bike.

Bobs14Limited:

--- Quote from: load97 on March 02, 2020, 03:02:58 PM ---I don't know about whether XM is in mono or stereo (I'm sure it's in stereo), but I agree it mostly sounded like crap and in mono on my 19' CVO as well as my 17' CVO. I had to fight damn near to the death lol to get my free 3 months subscription & now that the subscription has expired I probably won't renew.

--- End quote ---

Each time I purchased the XM module from Harley, XM gladly included the 90 day all access (traffic, weather, fuel, internet) when I called to activate the module.
And even though Harley states that only factory installed XM in the CVO bikes) are to receive the 90 day trial. I got it.
Guess it comes down to who you get on the other end of the phone at XM.  :nixweiss:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version