Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which Ohlin Shock for FLHXSE3?  (Read 1154 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Which Ohlin Shock for FLHXSE3?
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »

I've read a lot on here about rear shocks.  It appears that Ohlin's probably makes the best rear shocks on the market.  There only disadvantage is price.  I went on motorcycle metal site and to Ohlin's site to determine which shock is the best for my FLHXSE3 with a tour pak.  I weigh about 210 and ride two up about 40% of the time.  The motorcycle metal and Ohlin site's were confusing and it was hard to determine which shock I would need.  My question is this:  Which shock would fit my bike and riders?  The important question is:  Where is the cheapest vendor to obtain these premium shocks?
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Which Ohlin Shock for FLHXSE3?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 02:17:07 AM »

Howard at Motorcycle Metal knows Harley's like no other and will give you a very nice discount if you mention this forum. He will also take the time to explain fully all your options. I put the Ohlin 6's on my SERGC and have never rode on anything like them. Well worth the money!
Alan

DtyHarry

• Junior CVO Member
  • Enjoy every day as if it's the last one...
    • CA
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:32:15 PM »

I also spoke with Howard as well - very chatty and knowledgeable re shocks... He seemed rather insistent that I do the install myself rather than a mechanic??  Confusing to say the least re what Ohlin shocks to use??
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:12:46 AM by HKHabe »
2013 CVO RG, Anniv Ed; Ohlin 159s; Race Tech Gold Emulators; Danny Grey weekday 2 up; 10" Black Chubby Apes; Fullsac DX Pipe; V&H OS 450s; chopped tour pack; TTS Mastertune; Zumo 665; Focal 165 speakers;

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:06:08 AM »

No question the 6's are the best, they just cost the most... Howard tried to talk me out of taking it to a tech also but I cant do anything mechanical so wasn't going to happen. You wont believe the difference in your bike after. I will admit i thought he was exaggerating a bit when I spoke to him but 10,000 miles later I am still amazed in the performance of the shocks.
Alan

DtyHarry

• Junior CVO Member
  • Enjoy every day as if it's the last one...
    • CA
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:14:18 AM »

Yeah, I gave him all my info and he recommended the #2s, adjustable, which run in the $700 range... he didn't even recommend the very pricey ($1500 +) ones... So, did you just have SD Harley install them?
2013 CVO RG, Anniv Ed; Ohlin 159s; Race Tech Gold Emulators; Danny Grey weekday 2 up; 10" Black Chubby Apes; Fullsac DX Pipe; V&H OS 450s; chopped tour pack; TTS Mastertune; Zumo 665; Focal 165 speakers;

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.