Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 2010 street glide saddle bags  (Read 28342 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: 2010 street glide saddle bags
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »

Length or Height?  :nixweiss:  They're the same length as the standard bags, but at the back of the bag are about 3" taller than than standard bags and then slowly tapers up to the front of the bag. 

:devil:

Thanks RD. Heights what I needed. Wasn't thinking in 3D.  :nixweiss: I really like that look.

JW

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »

Thanks RD. Heights what I needed. Wasn't thinking in 3D.  :nixweiss: I really like that look.

JW

You don't gain a heck of a lot of extra inside space (there's about enough depth at the back of the bag to comfortably tuck the tool kit into the extended piece and it stays there nicely), but they sure look cool.   I went to a bike night last night at a local restaurant, and when I came out my SESG was surrounded by people looking at it.  Most didn't know it was a factory bike and thought I had done a heck of a customization job to it... :2vrolijk_21:  Gotta like that.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Wanna ride

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 02:55:14 AM »

Wow. Those look fantastic! Does anyone know if those will fit an '08 StreetGlide? I need to buy a new one anyway, and if these fit, I'd rather have them.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 06:46:38 AM »

Wow. Those look fantastic! Does anyone know if those will fit an '08 StreetGlide? I need to buy a new one anyway, and if these fit, I'd rather have them.

They should fit but it was posted earlier that it appears as though these are a CVO protected part - specific to the 2010 SESG.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Wanna ride

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »

Fits '93-later Touring models equipped with color-matched hard saddlebags
I'm half-retarded... I never read the entire description, taken directly from here:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448774097&default=none
Not CVO protected. I ordered a set on Wednesday, should be here in less than 30 days.  :bananarock:

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 10:32:39 PM »

Not CVO protected. I ordered a set on Wednesday, should be here in less than 30 days.  :bananarock:

Saweet! ... any idea if the fillers are protected?
If I can get the bags and the fillers (with lights) then I'll have to think long and hard....
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Wanna ride

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »

Haven't looked that hard yet. I'm tearing out the inner fairing to paint this month, repainting the front fender, new Kuryakyn lid covers, new saddlebag latches and spent $300 bucks on some new HD shirts for work... I spent enough money this month. :-\

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

Haven't looked that hard yet. I'm tearing out the inner fairing to paint this month, repainting the front fender, new Kuryakyn lid covers, new saddlebag latches and spent $300 bucks on some new HD shirts for work... I spent enough money this month. :-\

What's wrong with the front fender that you need to repaint it?   :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3

Wanna ride

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »

What's wrong with the front fender that you need to repaint it?   :nixweiss:

That's a whole 'nother source of frustration. But there's a dent I have to fix.

Anyways, when I take it off, I'm going to weld up the inside brackets, grind the rivets, weld up the holes, and then take it to the painter. My bodywork's pretty good, but my painting's only fair, so that part I'll let the pro handle.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2009, 12:01:28 PM »

That's a whole 'nother source of frustration. But there's a dent I have to fix.

Anyways, when I take it off, I'm going to weld up the inside brackets, grind the rivets, weld up the holes, and then take it to the painter. My bodywork's pretty good, but my painting's only fair, so that part I'll let the pro handle.

Do I dare ask what happened that caused the dent in the fender?  :anxious:

2012 FLHXSE3

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »

A long with the new "GREAT LOOKING" saddle bags, the SESG comes with the very attractive filler strip that has the signal lights and the cowling that covers the bottom of the rear fender.  Could this one peice be put on any bike.  It really, really looks good.  Real good.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 01:33:05 PM »

A long with the new "GREAT LOOKING" saddle bags, the SESG comes with the very attractive filler strip that has the signal lights and the cowling that covers the bottom of the rear fender.  Could this one peice be put on any bike.  It really, really looks good.  Real good.

Like this?

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »

Like this?
Looking at a SESG yesterday, the bottom piece you are showing under the fender, sure looks like one piece that is also the filler strips that go between the fender and the saddle bags. 
The filler strips have the signal lights in them.  I looks perfect, absolutely perfect.  I just wonder if we could use it?  It would mean doing something with the old signal lights I suppose, but it sure does look good on the SESG and the SERG.  I am not sure that the RG is the same, I just was really looking at the SESG. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2009, 01:59:09 PM »

Looking at a SESG yesterday, the bottom piece you are showing under the fender, sure looks like one piece that is also the filler strips that go between the fender and the saddle bags.  
The filler strips have the signal lights in them.  I looks perfect, absolutely perfect.  I just wonder if we could use it?  It would mean doing something with the old signal lights I suppose, but it sure does look good on the SESG and the SERG.  I am not sure that the RG is the same, I just was really looking at the SESG.  

The rear fender and facia are wider on the 09 and 10 touring models.  Assumng that your question is would it fit earlier model touring (such as our SEEGs) bikes......the quick answer is no, it wouldn't.  I supposed somebody could buy the parts and then narrow them down to fit an earlier model touring but that would be some extensive work.

The verticle lights are not just turn signals, they're also run and brake lights as well.  The big light that comes stock over the license plate was just a license plate light however, I had Jim remove that and just go with the Kuryakn license plate frame with the built in license plate light.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:00:56 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2009, 02:02:51 PM »

The rear fender and facia are wider on the 09 and 10 touring models.  Assumng that your question is would it fit earlier model touring (such as our SEEGs) bikes......the quick answer is no, it wouldn't.  I supposed somebody could buy the parts and then narrow them down to fit an earlier model touring but that would be some extensive work.
Thanks JCZ, you understood the question I did not know the words to write.  It really, really looks fantastic and if one could buy the colored trim for the top part and then this rear facia... Wow, we'd all do it. 

Oh Well for me...

Now, how about for the 2010 ultra?  Could it fit that bike?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.