Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: 2010 street glide saddle bags  (Read 28444 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: 2010 street glide saddle bags
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2009, 06:33:40 PM »

Thanks JCZ, you understood the question I did not know the words to write.  It really, really looks fantastic and if one could buy the colored trim for the top part and then this rear facia... Wow, we'd all do it. 

Oh Well for me...

Now, how about for the 2010 ultra?  Could it fit that bike?

Candy,
It should, in practice, fit the 2010 Ultra.  It has the same width rear end.  And you're right....it does look awesome.  I'd love to have it on my 07 SEUC, but that would require widening the rear end of the 07 and I just think that would be too financially unfeasible for me...so I'll just enjoy the SESG and how it looks.  :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2009, 08:38:26 PM »

Thanks JCZ, you understood the question I did not know the words to write.  It really, really looks fantastic and if one could buy the colored trim for the top part and then this rear facia... Wow, we'd all do it.  

Oh Well for me...

Now, how about for the 2010 ultra?  Could it fit that bike?

I'll be surprised if we don't see that later this year.  You know, there are those who buy the SEUC and then put the Hawg Wired stereo system (amplifiers in the fairing) and make their tour pack quick release.......for that low profile look.   Jon's going to go in that direction with his SEUC and I already suggested to him to do the SESG rear section on it.  The fender on the SEUC is only one color so the painter would have to match just the one color......at least as far as the burnt amber and citrus goes.  Who knows we might see one in the near future? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:23 AM »

I'll be surprised if we don't see that later this year.  You know, there are those who buy the SEUC and then put the Hawg Wired stereo system (amplifiers in the fairing) and make their tour pack quick release.......for that low profile look.   Jon's going to go in that direction with his SEUC and I already suggested to him to do the SESG rear section on it.  The fender on the SEUC is only one color so the painter would have to match just the one color......at least as far as the burnt amber and citrus goes.  Who knows we might see one in the near future? :nixweiss:

Anybody know if the fender fillers are a CVO protected part?
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Wanna ride

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 08:31:20 PM »

Anybody know if the fender fillers are a CVO protected part?
I'll look into it. I just got an e-mail when I got home, my new bags are in, so I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. Pics soon!

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2009, 06:44:06 PM »

Stopped by the dealer today ... the rear fillers (with LED lights) from a 2009 Road Glide are not a CVO protected part.
Don't know if there is any difference in the SESG part vs. the SERG as they didn't have an SESG parts book handy.

TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Wanna ride

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »

I'll look into it. I just got an e-mail when I got home, my new bags are in, so I'm going to pick them up tomorrow. Pics soon!
Just got the bags home. I'll start installing them shortly, but for those of you that were curious... on the outer half of the bags, the front of the bag is 1" deeper and the back of the bag is 2" deeper. So yes, there is more room in them. I'm really liking how these look so far. I'll post some pics shortly. :bananarock: 

Wanna ride

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 09:16:45 PM »

Got all the hardware installed. Here's a couple pics. I knew the pic from the rear wasn't going to look right until I install a filler panel, but I haven't seen anything I really like yet, so I'm thinking it's time to fab up my own. I might incorporate the new LED strip lights, and do away with the lights on the license plate frame.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »

Can we get a close up of the antenna doll?  :P har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Wanna ride

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »

Ha! That's Lois. I tell everybody that the only passenger allowed on my bike is a smokin' blonde stripper with big boobs... that never backtalks or complains! :bananarock:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »

Ha! That's Lois. I tell everybody that the only passenger allowed on my bike is a smokin' blonde stripper with big boobs... that never backtalks or complains! :bananarock:
She got any sisters?  :-\ har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

timberland

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2009, 10:39:24 PM »

Someone in this post questioned the use of a 09 fender on a 08 and earlier FLH...I did it last winter. Was fairly easy to do. Cut the side of the fender off and narrow it about 3/16 each side and re weld it. Look close and you can see where we flared it after the grab hoop. Then I bought running / brake LED's and bolted them on a stock 09 FLHX facia...LED's are from ebay, search "LED brake lights for street rod" they are $80 a pair.  I made my own harness. I put a 180 Dunlop from the SERG too,  on a custom wheel. Finished off with a Kury lic plate frame with the LED's.  If you would rather use the 09 SERG or 10's SESG facia you could with this because the rear of the fender is the same.  You wouldn't have the Street Glide's lower tri bar light though  :P

« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:43:30 PM by timberland »

Wanna ride

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »

That looks VERY nice, I'm diggin' it!

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2009, 12:11:16 AM »

is that the kury license plate?
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2009, 08:53:23 AM »

is that the kury license plate?
It looks like it.....looks like the same one that I have.  License plate light is LEDs built in under the top piece.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Sun Devil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Rum
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2009, 10:36:47 AM »

You can find the PDF installation Instruction sheet on the HD site on the product page for the guards. You will need to remove, keep and reuse the rubber mounts and mounting slide from the original mufflers mounts.  Also, remove, keep and reuse the two brackets and the male part with the D shaped loop that you use to attach and remove the bags.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04290.pdf
“They don’t know that we know they know we know.”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.