Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBER!!!!  (Read 3547 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBER!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »

Congrats on the new ride! :2vrolijk_21:

O.K. everybody.......if the gold leafing on my bike has a seam anywhere (tank or saddlbags) don't tell me or anybody else about it and you can live to see another day. :huepfenlol2: 

Seriously, I did take a look after I read about it with somebody else (and seeing the photos)......didn't notice anything.  But I'm of the mind that you'll find whatever you go looking for, if you look hard enough......you'll find it. :nixweiss:

I'm with you on that JC...I looked over my gold leaf and didn't find any seams at all, however I did find a very small "bubble" on the head of the right eagle.  Talked to the dealer about it and they said that it doesn't fail the "look test".  (If you can see the imperfection from 36" away, then it fails the look test).  And unless you know where the little bubble is, you'll never see it.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2009, 07:14:36 AM »

O.K. everybody.......if the gold leafing on my bike has a seam anywhere (tank or saddlbags) don't tell me or anybody else about it and you can live to see another day. :huepfenlol2: 

Seriously, I did take a look after I read about it with somebody else (and seeing the photos)......didn't notice anything.  But I'm of the mind that you'll find whatever you go looking for, if you look hard enough......you'll find it. :nixweiss:

Thanks JCZ, yours I'm drooling over!

To see any "fold" lines in the gold you really have to be at the perfect angle with the perfect light... this doesn't bother me at all. It was built for me to ride and enjoy the heck out of.

Sooooo.....Hitting the road this morning with a huge grin and a extra toothpick.  ::)

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »

As far as the gold and the lines, mine is on the kickstand side. After I pointed it out to the dealer, everyone at the dealedship came to look at it. All said yep I see it know. Dealer ordered me a new tank, $1100.00, went to have it installed today. Owner came and found me in the parts dept. and stated you better look at this new tank before we start anything. WOW, the new tank out of the box was horrible!! Lines every where. The owner said their is no way he was going to put that tank on my bike. The dealer is going to have a serious talk with their rep and get back to me. They also have another brand new Sunrise setting on the floor. The owner was going to take that tank off and put it on mine until he looked at it. All the LINES are on the other side. Several distinctive lines. What the hell is H.D. doing??? I think a monkey could do a better job of putting these emblems on. For $31K, you would figure at least the paint and decals would be right!!!!

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »

damn...I can't beleive they would send you a replacement tank that was worse than the existing one!!!
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »

Seriously, I did take a look after I read about it with somebody else (and seeing the photos)......didn't notice anything.  But I'm of the mind that you'll find whatever you go looking for, if you look hard enough......you'll find it. :nixweiss:

Ok I'm with JC on this one1

This is the 3rd time I've checked and it still looks good. This is one time where the saying "What I dont know can't hurt me" should apply
 :drink:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.