Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Anyone looking at a True-Track?  (Read 7481 times)

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
Re: Anyone looking at a True-Track?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 11:30:59 AM »

HeHe!!! Not saying there's NO improvement JC, but with the same rubber-mount setup, and a cheaper to build solution, I said I'm not convinced that it's gone. HD didn't change the design to fix the wobble. Then they'd be admitting that they had a problem with the previous models that way. ???

Rubber mounted yes.
Same rubber-mount setup No.  They speak to the fact that the newer mounting should reduce shake during idle and make no claims about handling concerning the engine mounting, but I thought is was important to note the mounting change along with the frame change.

This takes forever to load, but the mention of the frame/mount change is within the first 1/3 of the video.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Ride_True/Ride_True.jsp?locale=en_US#/the-leader-in-touring/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:32:35 AM by Sapper6 »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 07:00:49 PM »

Thanks man ... that was a VERY good video!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:20:00 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 07:40:20 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

This would be where Hoist would come in and say:

THIS CHIT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 07:48:48 PM »

I think change is in the air at HD TIF. Writing's on the wall with the new CEO stepping in, he didn't wait long to narrow HD's focus on what it should be marketing. Their 3Q shareholder announcements of the divestiture of Augusta (only after acquiring it a year ago) and shut down of Buell (versus divestiture - too much HD proprietary technology to let others have) are clear messages. Possibly a good change for hardcore Harley fans since HD will now be 100% focused on in this "traditional" line of products to maintain and gain fans (hope). The only thing I can hope for is better engineering as a result to keep up with folks like Victory and Triumph who are marketing to the the fringe market. For HD to do that, they may worry about alienating their current fans. HD can't experiment too much with "its either the dumbest idea in the world or the greatest" like Victory. The V-Rod was a successful experiment. Here's a simple question for this forum (and no answer required) if HD went with liquid cooled engines like the Rod, how many would bite or run? Fairly risky ideas like that will be, in my humble opinion, the tests we'll see. Case in point: ABS brakes is a no-brainer to a lot of competitors, but really scared HD I'm sure in that it may be "too mainstream" and would turn loyal buyers away (to what, I don't know)

BTW: the opinion I expressed above is strictly mine and if you don't like it, I have others  :P

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 09:14:45 PM »

My 09 SERG has no wobble, I think the Bagger article was advertising money geared. Shame guys get there feelings hurt so easily. I commend TruTrack for making it and then spending money to promote it, but I see no need for it, and I buy Bagger, i subscibe but they hawk anyting they are paid to. I  had a earlier model that did wobble, the new one does not. My opinion it is an unnecessary product.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »

I agree with some do some don't. I have been lucky on this one so far as my last RK didn't wobble and my 07 doesn't wobble either although it has done several other bad things.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

This would be where Hoist would come in and say:

THIS CHIT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!

It is for him.........till he rides one.  Till then, he's in denial. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »

I agree with some do some don't. I have been lucky on this one so far as my last RK didn't wobble and my 07 doesn't wobble either although it has done several other bad things.

Terry, we're talking about the 09 and 10 baggers.  I think we all agree that some bikes of the previous years did have an issue. 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 08:55:49 AM »

Like Howie has said, if there still using the same basic glob of rubber to support the swingarm pivot bolt, then I would think they would have the same problems as the old frame design. The rubber allows the swingarm to flex under sideload, the change in angle causes the rear steer affect. I haven't looked at the new frame mounting, so I can't say that there hasn't been a change, but with a rubber mounted motor the swing arm needs to move with the motor so the belt stays at the proper tension, don't know what they could be doing different? If there was a major change to the rubber swing arm mount, can someone that knows explain the difference in the new design? Also there are several products other than Tru-track out there, all do pretty much the same thing just slightly different designs. I personally think from a mounting stand point, the Bagger Brace is a better choice, looks like it spreads the mounting on the trans out over more area, with out the tall mounting points of the Tru-Track. Just my thoughts.

Here's Chief's old thread on this subject with some pictures of the issue, at least on the old frames.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=20764.60

Craig
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:59:11 AM by Talon »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 09:04:08 AM »

Like Howie has said, if there still using the same basic glob of rubber to support the swingarm pivot bolt, then I would think they would have the same problems as the old frame design.
Craig

Again, nobody with an 09/10 MY bagger is reporting the same issue.  Of course, many of us that had the earlier years of baggers (my 04 SEEG) had the rubber mount but didn't have the issue.....but with the 09/10, nobody is reporting it.  Go ride one Talon.......then get your check book out. :2vrolijk_21:  

There's a reason for all the raves about the handling on the 09/10 MY and I don't think it's because the MoCo is saving money.  I could care less that they're saving money.....it's the great handling compared to earlier years.  Even compared to my 04 SEEG.....that I didn't have a handling problem with.  The difference in handling could be compared to a Ford or Chevy compared to BMW.  Go find out for yourselves.  Remember, as I reported in Terrie's 09 Street Glide thread, I didn't plan on buying a new bike..........till I experienced the ride difference first hand.  Many others here have reported the same thing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:08:10 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »

Again, nobody with an 09/10 MY bagger is reporting the same issue.  Of course, many of us that had the earlier years of baggers (my 04 SEEG) had the rubber mount but didn't have the issue.....but with the 09/10, nobody is reporting it.  Go ride one Talon.......then get your check book out. :2vrolijk_21:  

There's a reason for all the raves about the handling on the 09/10 MY and I don't think it's because the MoCo is saving money.  I could care less that they're saving money.....it's the great handling compared to earlier years.  Even compared to my 04 SEEG.....that I didn't have a handling problem with.  The difference in handling could be compared to a Ford or Chevy compared to BMW.  Go find out for yourselves.  Remember, as I reported in Terrie's 09 Street Glide thread, I didn't plan on buying a new bike..........till I experienced the ride difference first hand.  Many others here have reported the same thing.

JC

I agree.
On any day I have the luxury of riding an 01 SERG, an 03Classic with Traxxion and hands down, the 09 SEUC with no suspension mods rides and handle's better than any of the earlier bikes. For me the new frame trumps any issues and or concerns I have with that frame being wrapped around a 110 motor.
JMHO w/ 22K on the 09 and it's 13 months old!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »

Don't forget, that along with the new rear end, they've added the fourth engine mount too and that has helped also.  I pressed my SESG this past weekend on some twisties and I couldn't get that rear end to budge a bit.  (But then again, I've only gotten the 07 SEUC to do it once, and I think that was because there was some sand on the corner  :nixweiss: )

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 06:30:05 AM »

(...... and I think that was because there was some sand on the corner  :nixweiss: )

:devil:

I would gladly pay $400 for a mod that would prevent that from ever happening  :huepfenlol2:
I read a write-up once that a thing called "taxes" was supposed to prevent it, but that mod turned out to be completely un-reliable and down-right dangerous.

:)
TIF2

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 07:58:26 AM »

I have an 09 with traxxion and bitubos. This weekend I was in north GA and we were on 515 headed north. Not much Traffic and we were playin around, I was at about 110mph and started to lean into a corner, not a bad one but at 110 I did have to lean in. The bike went into a severe wobble and there wasnt anthing I could do except ride it out ! Now Im not sure what caused this but my back tire has started to cup and i havent had the TQ in the neck checked yet but it was enough to scare the crud out of me. I never had a problem with this bike before and had it in that same situation on the same road several times before. Im taking it in this week and HOPEFULLY a new back tire and I find out the neck is loose. But just short of that Ill just have to say I was beyond the bike limits and I found that line ! :'(  Yes I can assure you that you could not hammer a needle in my hinney !!!  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:  Ill let yall know next week.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:05 AM »

Now Im not sure what caused this but my back tire has started to cup and i havent had the TQ in the neck checked yet but it was enough to scare the crud out of me.

Glad you were able to ride that one out!!

Interesting that you bring that up about the front end, the same American Bagger issue had another tech article where they installed a Custom Cycle Engineering upper tree to address the front end:

Goes down the same line as the True-Track article .... according to them it addresses a significant issue, but who knows?
Price of admission goes up for the front end ... $775 for the CCE tree and labor is a lot more intensive.

Guess it boils down to perceived value of the owner ... if it is worth it to them, then both are a worth-while addition.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:58:44 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.