Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Tequila Sunrise and Solo Seat  (Read 6926 times)

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
Tequila Sunrise and Solo Seat
« on: November 07, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

I have a SESG in Tequila Sunrise with a build date of January 2010, arriving in February. :pepper:

Those that have there "Tequila" already, can you tell me what colour the "flame" and the "stripe" are on the paint scheme as my computer screen sometimes shows the flame to be either black or blue and the stripe to be pale yellow or gray.

The reason for my question is that I have been inspired by some of the solo seats that I have seen on this forum and am working with a seat manufacturer to come up with my own solo seat design. I know, I know you want pictures so here is what we have so far...the inlay in the seat is to match the stripe and the flame is to match either the red paint or the color of the flame in the paint.

Also let me "have it" and tell me what you think of the design...I haven't finalized the design so still open to changes. :cherry:

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:58:45 AM by Sea Biscuit »

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Tequila Sunrise and Solo Seat
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 04:03:37 PM »

Looks great!  :2vrolijk_21:  Who is going to build the seat?  Suggestion if you don't mind.  If you are going with a personalized plate maybe you also have that stiched somewhere on the seat.  By the way welcome to the CVO site and the TS ownership.  Mine is due in any day  :orange:
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 05:06:49 PM »

c&c can make a nice seat.....

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 08:17:21 PM »

Really like you design concept - I'm jealous of your creativity.
Answering you questions ( I stepped out into the garage and had a looksy:
- Flames are a black (hard to tell with all the "greenish" sparkels which give it that blue you talk about
- The "gold" is more like 20K on the TS scheme and not 24K (like the Rum version) while the blue bike I think is a 10k if not whiter.
- This may help you: There are 2 outlines for the gold. The outer most is red and then there is a black outline between this red outline and the gold leaf. The black is about 3/4 the width of the red outline and not the same width.

Good luck.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »

Really like you design concept - I'm jealous of your creativity.
Answering you questions ( I stepped out into the garage and had a looksy:
- Flames are a black (hard to tell with all the "greenish" sparkels which give it that blue you talk about
- The "gold" is more like 20K on the TS scheme and not 24K (like the Rum version) while the blue bike I think is a 10k if not whiter.
- This may help you: There are 2 outlines for the gold. The outer most is red and then there is a black outline between this red outline and the gold leaf. The black is about 3/4 the width of the red outline and not the same width.

Good luck.

Thanks Widows Son...that helps a great deal!

To me anyway, the SESG is a "Hotrod Bagger", especially in the Tequila Sunrise colour and I am trying to stay with this theme without getting "gaudy".

Thanks again!

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »

Very nice cannot wait to see pic's of the finished seat
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »

Sea Biscuit, that's a great design.  One thing you might want to take into cosideration......a seam directly under your butt cheek.  Don't ask me how I'd know that would be an issue.

You also might want to wait a minute and ask one of these guys to get a color deck at a paint store (they have the color samples on cards at Home Depot, also) and have them match up the TS colors exactly, then mail them to you.  I helped a couple of guys here pick out their thread colors by using color chips that they mailed to me. :2vrolijk_21:  My bike is blue or I'd do it for you. :nixweiss:

As a matter of fact......if somebody could do that with all three of the colors, then post which color deck you're using (Kelly Moore, Sherwin Williams, etc.) once they identify the closest color that matches the body, the pin stripe and the gold leafing, etc. then they could post here what that paint color is called and the number of that particular color.  Then, anybody anywhere could just go to their local paint store, get a color deck, go home and locate that color name and number to know what they need to use.  Just a thought to help others out. :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:14:58 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »

I really like the seat they made JC I am curios if the passenger pillion would be as comfortable as their 2 up touring version? I like the 2 piece look?

JC will they make the pillion wider too? I dont want to get a squealing noise coming from the back!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:56:18 AM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »

Ok guys...here is an update.

Based on some feedback, I am still working on the design and now have 3 options that I keep going back and forth on.

Option 1 is as per attached: pearl inlay to match pale gold stripe, red outline surrounding inlay, red flames outline.

(Don't know how to attach multiple attachments so keep reading below).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:59:09 AM by Sea Biscuit »

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »

Option 2 is as per attached: tan ostritch inlay to match pale gold stripe, black outline surrounding inlay, black flames outline.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:59:25 AM by Sea Biscuit »

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »

When in doubt, go black!

Option 3 is as per attached: black inlay (shark or stingray), black outline piping surrounding inlay, finished with a raised black flame outline.

Let me know what you think...Option 1 or 2 or 3?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:59:39 AM by Sea Biscuit »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »

When in doubt, go black!

Option 3 is as per attached: black inlay (shark or stingray), black outline piping surrounding inlay, finished with a raised black flame outline.

Let me know what you think...Option 1 or 2 or 3?

What about #3 with the inlay (looks like alligator or is that crockadile?) in the red/orange color of the bike, and the rest as you've laid out (raised black flames in shark or stingray)?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 10:51:50 PM »

I really like the seat they made JC I am curios if the passenger pillion would be as comfortable as their 2 up touring version? I like the 2 piece look?

JC will they make the pillion wider too? I dint want to get a squealing noise coming from the back!

I hope Sea Biscuit doesn't mind me answering your question here.

Corbin has three different p-pad sizes.  I'm pretty sure that mine is the middle size.  It's approx. 11x11 and it's plenty big enough for a size 8 lady and I would think for a lady at least up to a size 12.  Sitting in the straight up position that a passenger rides in, even if they have the wide glide rear end, the weight is still on the center of the butt and not on the outer edges.  I just snapped a couple of pics for you (and others who are interested).

Terrie rode back from Colorado three years ago (she flew out there) on the exact same style P-pad on my SEEG....two full days.  I asked her when we got home, how the seat was.  She said it was great.....she didn't even think about it.  That's what convinced her to go with Corbin on her bike.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:00:03 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »

More importantly, the back end of the p-pad needs to be slanted forward if you're going to run a quick release tour pack.  When you lift up on the tour pack to unhook it, it pivots forward right up against the back of the seat (that was the reason I waited for the tour pack to get the p-pad made).

The left of the pic is the front of the seat.  The right side of the pic is the back of the seat.  We're looking at the left side.

If you're going to go with this seat style, I'd suggest using two layers of thread together and doing the dobule stitch pattern that Jon did in Reply #273, 274 and 275 of this thread....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.270  It just looks a little more custom than mine.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 11:08:05 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »

What about #3 with the inlay (looks like alligator or is that crockadile?) in the red/orange color of the bike, and the rest as you've laid out (raised black flames in shark or stingray)?

Thanks JCZ for the suggestion. I thought about that but ruled it out. I was concerned that whatever material you work with for the inlay, if you used the much red/orange color in the inlay that, over time and in the hot sun, the red/orange inlay may fade and look pink and that would would not work for me! So I think the inlay should either stay in that pale yellow to match the pale gold leaf stripe in the FLHXSE (and if it fades it will still look like the pale gold leaf stripe in the paint) or go black for the inlay and not worry about the sun.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.