Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Does The CVO SG Front End Still Look Cool With Accessory Passing Laps?  (Read 8623 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Does The CVO SG Front End Still Look Cool With Accessory Passing Laps?
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »

Here is a pic from the front with my friends CVO Road King next to mine with the larger Harley passing lamps for comparison.  This pic was taken from the top of Grandfather Mountain in No Carolina on a recent road trip.

What I'm talkin bout.....still a clean looking front end.  Keeps the Street Glide still lookin like a Street Glide.  Nice! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »

I liked them on the Road King. I also like them on the SESG. If I had a SESG I would put them on it.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

normf

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »

Thanks for all the comments guys!
Fullsac x-pipe
Fullsac 2.25" baffles
TTS Mastertune
C&C solo seat
Wild 1 WO575 handlebars

Ganderson

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2011, 01:32:54 PM »

I was just informed by my dealer that the passing lamps could not be installed on my 2011 O/B CVO streetglide due to the wiring under the fairing "not being there" for these. I see a lot of the pictures here are on the 2010 SG but a couple with the 2011 and the one 2012....did you have to do anything special on the wiring to accomplish installing these? Thanks in advance

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 01:42:14 PM »

I was just informed by my dealer that the passing lamps could not be installed on my 2011 O/B CVO streetglide due to the wiring under the fairing "not being there" for these. I see a lot of the pictures here are on the 2010 SG but a couple with the 2011 and the one 2012....did you have to do anything special on the wiring to accomplish installing these? Thanks in advance

The wiring is not plug and play.  After the passing lights are installed, they require a "hot wire" to turn them on and possibly a 2nd wire for a "ground"..  You also have to purchase a switch that goes in the inner fairing cap to turn them on and off.  You don't even need a switch if you don't ever intend to turn them off.  All you have to do is find power under the fairing that corresponds to a correct rated fuse.
It is not hard.  You unfortunately just got a typical DA dealer response.  Hope this helps.  If not, hopefully someone will explain it better.

Put these on my wife's FLHX a couple years and prefer the look better with them.

captdave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson SESG
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:20 PM »

Show your dealer the pics from this forum of the passing lamps installed on 2011/12 SESGs.  I believe my mechanic had to do some extra wiring to make it work, but I have the switch that came with the kit installed on the fairing panel.  All you should have to do is find a circuit energized by the ignition switch, tap the power for the lights/switch into that circuit, and "viola!"

If your dealer still has no idea, PM me and I can email you my dealer's number and the master mech's name who installed my kit.  Your dealer can then contact my dealer.   ;D

Good luck,
Dave

Ganderson

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »

Thanks guys....appreciate the quick responses. Yes, my dealer is pretty much your typical "can't do it", "they all do it" answers on anything. I have been telling them about my top end noise and they say it is because of the synthetic oil...and "they all sound this way". I have an independant that can probably figure this out and will try him.....otherwise I will get back with you guys and go from there. I did mention to my dealer that several had already installed them on their bikes but he just didn't know how they did. I agree that the passing lamps "finish" the bike off and really want them installed. Thanks again.

Gene

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »

Don't know about the 2011 - but my passing lamps were absolutely plug and play on the FLHXSE3. There is a 4-wire connector in the fairing for the turn signals on either side. Two of these wires are not used by the turn signals alone, but are used when you add the passing lamps. The kit I bought even came with the lower fairing switch and everything I needed. The three wires from the switch just plug into previously unused pin sockets in the 12-wire Deutsch connector to the fairing skirt. Installation was very quick and easy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:56:26 PM by NorthGeorgiaHawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Ganderson

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2011, 08:39:56 PM »

North georgia hawg...you wouldn't have the part number(s) would you?

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2011, 09:30:06 PM »

Thanks guys....appreciate the quick responses. Yes, my dealer is pretty much your typical "can't do it", "they all do it" answers on anything. I have been telling them about my top end noise and they say it is because of the synthetic oil...and "they all sound this way". I have an independant that can probably figure this out and will try him.....otherwise I will get back with you guys and go from there. I did mention to my dealer that several had already installed them on their bikes but he just didn't know how they did. I agree that the passing lamps "finish" the bike off and really want them installed. Thanks again.

Gene

They said the same thing to me too. It can be done when you pay for the extra time they need to make a harness for the wires to power the lights.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »

North georgia hawg...you wouldn't have the part number(s) would you?

The kit is on the H-D site... "Accessory Passing Lamps Kit" or something close. It has a "04" suffix, I remember. Seems like it is $279 - but I can't remember. Comes with the lamp housings, brackets, wiring and switch. You have to buy the lights separately. The halogens I got were $69. I may spring for the LED headlight and passing lamps... but GOOD GAWD they are EXPEN$IVE!!!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2011, 11:35:51 PM »

I don't know about the 2012, but the 2011 SESG did not have the aux wire to make it plug and play like every other Harley. The turn signal plug only had 3 wires; it is not part of the wiring on the Screamin Eagle SG for some DA reason. You still buy the aux light kit from HD and it has all the parts you need (you'll re-use your existing turn signal housings). Then you will have to fab up a bit of wiring. PM me if you want me to e-mail a scan of the wiring diagram for it.
2011 FLHXSE2
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.