Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: new seat  (Read 11680 times)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
Re: new seat
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2005, 09:32:11 AM »

Also I figured it would be worth mentioning that some of the seat manufacturers, Mustang being one of them will say that their regular fatboy seats won't fit the 05 CVO and it does. They say this because of complaints from some customers having lost their chrome trim around the seat when they switch seats according to a rep at Mustang.

Man that's crazy on the customers part. They knew when they ordered their new Mustang seat that it wasn't going to have the chrome on it. Had to know that if they didn't see it on the web site or in the Mustang Catalog that there would be no chrome. But I do understand how some people might think otherwise. It's a crazy world. :) Sandy
Sandy :)

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2005, 09:40:51 AM »

I just find hard to belive that HD made a seat for just
looks on a 30.000 dollar bike>>>>LOL, the joke is on me.  :-[[/quote]

Nope the joke's not just on you. HD makes quite a few bikes with great looking seats that are no where near confortable. My last bike was a 2003 Road King Classic it came with a very nice looking 100th Aniv. seat that matched the saddlebags. That seat wasn't good for riding more than a hour or so if that. I ended up getting a Corbin Solo for it. That's why I have a Corbin comming for this bike. Ask around many many HD riders aren't happy at all with their stock seats and end up getting something else. Many times it's an aftermarket seat.

The Sundowner is a Harley seat and one of few that are built for confort. The one you have on your 06 SE must be one that is suppose to fit something like the Road Kings, cause my dealer said that the normal FB seats want fit the 06 SE FB's. That rear fender is wide like that of the Kings, so that may what you have. Don't know for sure, just a guess.

I'm gonna be sending my chrome seat out to have a gel insert add too. Also gonna get them to add about 1 inch of foam into the rear to make it sit deeper and push me a tad more forward. I usually take a close verson of most seats as I a person of shorter stature. Will use the seat then for shorter rides and keep the corbin and saddlebags for long rides and trips. :) Sandy

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2005, 11:41:20 AM »

Hey Sandy thanks for the reply, and I agree with everything you said. But I still think its a marketing thing
that HD has going on in the background. Just think of it like this, when you buy a $30.000 dollar car the
seats are Realy comfy. And you dont need to go buy another seat, for crying out loud. I just feel that
if HD wanted to make that stock seat comfy they could have done so. I'm sending my seat to MCSeating out
of MI. I have seen his work, it is wonderful. The price is real fair as far as I'm concered. There is a thread
here in this thread that has some pics of his work. The persons name here that used him was Slick, look
for the thread, you will like it I think. Take care, Ty1on2 :)

PS  I looked up the thread for you, it's #15 thru #19 tell me what you think of the seat.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 11:48:49 AM by ty1on2 »
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2005, 05:47:50 PM »

PS  I looked up the thread for you, it's #15 thru #19 tell me what you think of the seat.[/quote]

Yep I remember seeing and reading about that seat. I does look great. I have a guy down in FL, I'm in GA, that I'm thinking of sending mine too. Have someone that I know who has used him, so I've seen his work too. I do agree with you about HD too. I also think it wasn't good of them to make the changes they did on the 06 bikes. They always build these bikes for 2 years running. Why the heck did they change things mid stream. Could have built them all like the 06's from the start. We would all have loved to had that 200 wide back tire. :) Sandy

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2005, 06:05:35 PM »

What's worse is that when they market as wide tire kit for prior models to the 06 we will never be able to match the paint on the rear fender so it won't really be an option for us 05 CVO owners unless we switch paints too!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2005, 09:23:35 PM »

Hey there Sandy, thats cool you have found somone that you know there work. But in my case
I didn't know of anyone. And you know the old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words.
At least we agree on some things here at FLHRSEI. Take care. Ty1on2

1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2005, 09:29:01 PM »

Hey Sefatboyscott, you got a point there, the kit could cost about 3 to 4 thousand, then you
and the paint kit for another 2500.00. Man a person lookN at 6 to 7 thousand for a 200mm
up grade,lol. I can feel that HD is lickN there chops at that up grade.

1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2005, 09:21:07 AM »

What's worse is that when they market as wide tire kit for prior models to the 06 we will never be able to match the paint on the rear fender so it won't really be an option for us 05 CVO owners unless we switch paints too!

All so true. From what I have been told though, we can go one size up and not have to change anything. I did that on one bike a few years ago, don't remember the tire sizes, but do remember being able to go one size up with no changes. Sandy

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2005, 09:23:44 AM »

Hey there Sandy, thats cool you have found somone that you know there work. But in my case
I didn't know of anyone. And you know the old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words.
At least we agree on some things here at FLHRSEI. Take care. Ty1on2

Been there before myself and it did turn out OK but was intirely something else not motorcycle related.

Yep we all agree that these chrome seats do look awesome, but just don't cut it as far a confort goes. Hope getting yours redone works out for you. Same for the rest of us. Sandy

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2005, 10:19:52 AM »

I am almost positive we can go up to a 170 low profile Metzler on the rear with no changes, the geometry of the tire is much different and looks like it will squeeze in there and the lower profile allows for expansion at high speeds. I intend on trying this when and if I ever get my bike back.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005, 02:41:04 PM »

I am almost positive we can go up to a 170 low profile Metzler on the rear with no changes, the geometry of the tire is much different and looks like it will squeeze in there and the lower profile allows for expansion at high speeds. I intend on trying this when and if I ever get my bike back.

I think the guys at our shop said something about a 180, but we were talking Dunlop not the Metz. :) Sandy

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 08:42:46 PM »

I think the guys at our shop said something about a 180, but we were talking Dunlop not the Metz. :) Sandy

I personally don't believe their is reason to even discuss Dunlops unless we are talkin warranty replacement. IMHO it's the worste tire available for a bike. Metzlers or the new Avon Venoms are much stickier!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2005, 03:44:09 AM »

Can you confirm the 170 or 180 tyre? I have only looked at my bike thinking I'm not going to get anything wider in there. There is not much room from the tyre to the belt or even trying to get your fingers under the fender on the side of the tyre you are talking a 1 inch wider tyre. I would think the first thing you need to do would be a narrow belt conversion.

cheers

[smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2005, 08:03:15 AM »

I personally don't believe their is reason to even discuss Dunlops unless we are talkin warranty replacement. IMHO it's the worste tire available for a bike. Metzlers or the new Avon Venoms are much stickier!

Yeah I know a lot of you don't like the Dunlop's but we have always gotten good service out of them. My husband was running the Metz for a while a year or so ago, I was still running the Dunlop. I got a lot more milage out of mine than he did his. I'm talking 5 to 7 thousand miles. Plus he committed that he really couldn't tell much difference in the ride. He's been riding for more than 30 years. So I guess it's just a personal choice.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2005, 08:06:08 AM »

Can you confirm the 170 or 180 tyre? I have only looked at my bike thinking I'm not going to get anything wider in there. There is not much room from the tyre to the belt or even trying to get your fingers under the fender on the side of the tyre you are talking a 1 inch wider tyre. I would think the first thing you need to do would be a narrow belt conversion.

This is just what some of the guys at our shop were saying, some of the ones in parts. I know I did go one size up on my Road King I traded in for this bike and didn't change a thing. I'll be going over to the shop on Friday, will talk to the guys in the shop and find out for sure. Let you know as soon as I find out. :) Sandy

cheers

[smiley=drink.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.