Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 2006 FLSTFSE2  (Read 13664 times)

Bad Bill

Re: 2006 FLSTFSE2
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2005, 02:19:33 PM »

Yep, the dealers know nothing, I found that out right away, for the last 3 weeks they have been telling me that it’s coming this week, and then another week passes by and I get the same line again. They don’t want to jeopardize a sale so they tell you what you want to hear and then change the story week by week, it’s BULLchit!   >:(  They don’t realize the emotional roller coaster they put you on when they tell you that chit. I flat out told them not to call me until its sitting in their showroom. personally I really don’t care if its late 3 weeks either, all I want is some honesty, if you don’t know chit tell me so, don’t get me all excited for nothing. That’s why I decided to e-mail my friend from HD. he is a production manager who has been with them for over 15 yrs. I am a design engineer for a major gear machine manufacture and I am proud to say that I designed several of the automated gear cutting machines that Harley utilizes in their gear production facilities. I am one of the lucky guys who has had the opportunity to tour several of the HD production facilities, including York, PA. where our bikes are being built. so when the bullchit started to fly, I decided to call in a favor from an old friend. Hell, I never really thought about it, but I could probably find out the exact frickin day they start shipping our bikes. I will let you know when I hear any more real information.

Dealer just called.  Bike has arrived.  Will install the extras and I'll pick up on Friday, 11/11.  Veteran's Day - perfect timing - I'll ride it to Ft. Rosecrans for the memorial service.

Let us know when your motorcycle arrives.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2005, 02:48:22 PM »

Dealer just called.  Bike has arrived.  Will install the extras and I'll pick up on Friday, 11/11.  Veteran's Day - perfect timing - I'll ride it to Ft. Rosecrans for the memorial service.

Let us know when your motorcycle arrives.

bill,
no chit, i was expecting at least another week before they started shipping,
when did you actually order yours, i had my order in on 9-16-2005.
you are all the way in southern cal, i would have expected to see mine first.
are you giong down to see it, before they prep it. if so snap a pic or two if you can.
congrats!!!!!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Bad Bill

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2005, 03:08:45 PM »

bill,
no chit, i was expecting at least another week before they started shipping,
when did you actually order yours, i had my order in on 9-16-2005.
you are all the way in southern cal, i would have expected to see mine first.
are you giong down to see it, before they prep it. if so snap a pic or two if you can.
congrats!!!!!  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Eagle,

Gave the deposit on 9/3 or 9/4.  Don't have the receipt in the office.  Unfortunately, I can't get to the dealer until Friday - too much work...  The sales guy said the bike is ready to go - they just have to install the accessories and exhaust.  Of course, rain is in the forecast for SoCal through Friday - go figure.  I guess it beats snow...

I think CA models are slightly different from 49 state bikes.  Catalytic converters in the mufflers or something.  Maybe HD produced a batch of CA bikes early for the long ride in the truck.  Who knows.  I hope yours arrives soon.

Bill

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »

bill,

i see you had your order in at least a week before me, so it makes sense.
i was wondering what accessories are you getting installed, and which pipes are you going with. didnt you want to break in the bike with the stock setup, since
you cant crank on it or get a dyno until then.

Bad Bill

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 03:57:18 PM »

bill,

i was wondering what accessories are you getting installed, and which pipes are you going with. didnt you want to break in the bike with the stock setup, since

Eagle,

Sundowner seat, passenger foot boards and sissy bar with pad and luggage rack.  RB Racing LSR 2-1.  I've been very pleased with the LSR 2-1 Pro Stock on my Dyna for the last four years.  It's loud and the black paint looks like hell but the bike runs great.  The regular LSR 2-1 has a baffle and should make the neighbors sleep better when the brute starts up at 6:15am every morning in the driveway.  

My plan is to ride the bike like I stole it from day one.  I've ridden HD's since 1968 and each one got the same break in schedule - warm up carefully, easy first 3 miles, then red line at least twice during the ride.  If it breaks, it can be fixed or replaced.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:22 PM »

bill,

sounds like its going to be badass, i have been riding 20+ myself, all carb's though, so i have very little experience with changing pipes on an injected bike, those pipes look great for 2-1's. i usually prefer the staggered
look, but those look mean. since i have not decided which pipes to use and my riding season is closing in fast, i will probably wait until after the thaw to decide. thanks for the insight bill, good luck with the orange brute!

[smiley=drink.gif]

GolfPro22

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2005, 10:14:18 PM »

Saw an Autum Haze SE FB today at the delaership. It had just arrived and was being prepped for the lucky new owner.  WOW-  absolutley one of the best looking motorcycles I have ever seen. Period!
Chris
FLHTCUSE

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »

Saw an Autum Haze SE FB today at the delaership. It had just arrived and was being prepped for the lucky new owner.  WOW-  absolutley one of the best looking motorcycles I have ever seen. Period!
Chris
FLHTCUSE

Hi Chris, great to see you in here!!! So what bikes are currently in your stable? Have you gone and purchased a new Fatty recentely? Been a while since I've seen you on any forums. Hope all is going well with you and yours.  :)  Sandy
Sandy :)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2005, 11:36:27 PM »

bill,

Lots of schools of thought on that. Alot of folks myself included feel you should ride it how you ride it from day one..........The techs at the assembly line didnt baby it when they tested the bike before they sent it to you ( and every bike seees the dyno before it leave York).They jump on em on the dyno as if riding it like they stole it. There was actually a thread somewhere in here discussing break in theories and it seems the best results have been from the guys who rode it like they stole it from day 1.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:37:51 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.