Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intake Question.  (Read 1193 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Intake Question.
« on: October 23, 2005, 12:55:25 AM »

Does anyone have any figures on how much air is braought into the intake on the screaming eagel stage 1 intake versus a kuryukan Hypercharger? I am asking because I am considering switching to that air cleaner for cosmetic reasons.If it means I will get my air/fuels out of wack again and require remapping, dyno tuning etc then it would obviously not worth while to me.If I can just swap out cleaners and run with it, then I would love to.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Intake Question.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 05:24:24 AM »

Scott,
I have no figures, but I am sure you will be changing your air flow rate & it would be a gamble wether or not it would change that nice remapping you just had done. You should have had this thought 2 weeks ago!

I have still been trying to avoid the $600 dyno tune by trying a couple of maps from hdmaps.com, Matt has been very helpfull but at this stage am having more success with the pre programmed SERT maps #12 & #13 which I have been running (maybe our fuel in OZ is crap)

Cheers [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 05:25:14 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 05:10:40 PM »

Does anyone have any figures on how much air is braought into the intake on the screaming eagel stage 1 intake versus a kuryukan Hypercharger? I am asking because I am considering switching to that air cleaner for cosmetic reasons.If it means I will get my air/fuels out of wack again and require remapping, dyno tuning etc then it would obviously not worth while to me.If I can just swap out cleaners and run with it, then I would love to.

Hyperchargers don't support big power - they are cosmetic, but not great performers.
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 01:49:57 AM »

Scott,
I have no figures, but I am sure you will be changing your air flow rate & it would be a gamble wether or not it would change that nice remapping you just had done. You should have had this thought 2 weeks ago!

Well the truth is twofold:
1) being the extra cash for the aircleaner since my last couple trips to the H-D dealership for parts like the race tuner, two up seat, relocation kit, detacheables,1000 mile service , sissy bar, backrest pad,sideplates, dyno tune, and a couple bits o chrome came in to the tune of around 3,500 bucks.
2) I had never seen the really cool lights that replace the chrome circle on the hypercharger in person until just recently and I kinda want that on my bike now!

Just thinking about what I want to do wit er next! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

BTW time for the 2,500 mile service and thinking to myself while she is in there I could have em give me a couple parts to go home and bolt on myself when I get her back from her trip to the docs for bein a good girl
 :-/ I think I spend way too much time lookin over my bike!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 01:52:45 AM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.