Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Check this out!  (Read 1210 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Check this out!
« on: November 13, 2005, 11:55:26 PM »

If you have read the forums you are aware that my bike is currently in a state of waiting for a new frame.

I figured I would share a bit of my recent experience at two different dealerships during this whole fiasco.  

The bike got messed up in the parking lot of Carolina H-D in Gastonia, NC. When the incident happened 4 people came out and saw what happened to my bike that work in the service department. One crawls on the ground and says well it looks like just the spoiler and some frame paint. I look myself but really all I can see is RED because I am just pissed that my bike is F'd up. I start the thing and move it back over by the service doors, nothing appears to be leaking it seems to be running fine. I wait a little while and let the engine cool so that I can feel under there and see if anything is damaged. I take note some frame damage and notice what the service guy said. I ride the bike home, seems to have no problems.

Three days later I go to start the bike ( going to confront the dealer and the city and my attorney  about paying to have this fixed . The bike does not start. I figure well its been cold , maybe I left my damned LEDS on again...lol.

I jump it rolling it down my driveway and go to Charlotte H-D. I get there and turn the bike off, try to start it.dead battery.

They roll it into the bay. I say to the tech......check the voltage regualator, not sure what the damage is behind the spoiler and explain to him the deal with the other dealer. About two hours later they finally get to look at my bike and what they figure is that one of the battery terminal screws is strippped out so they replaced it. Everything else is OK they tell me.

I start the bike and head off toward home. Thats when I start noticing that I can't get the rpms above 5200 and thought for a moment that perhaps they whiped out my tuning and set the rev back again to stock. I go a little ways further and the lights start to dim and the tach is bouncing like windshield wipers. Closest dealer is now the Carolina in Gastonia, the original place. I am glad I made it but the dealer is the dealer that let me drive this way off their lot to begin with . Charlotte H-D had the bike in their service department and decided my damage would all be well if I have a longer screw in my battery terminal.....wow those guys are sharp minds there!

Turns out the wreck estimate includes a stator and voltage regulator and some wiring amongst other things , like a frame! TWO different dealerships service department said this bike was rideable and sent me off on my way. Now I am on foot, perhaps a Huffy??....LOL.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Check this out!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 04:28:17 AM »

My stealer is not much better, when I took mine in for the first service they could not even fit the seat back on correctly (didn't get the tab in the frame at the base of the tank) but is was a free service (oh & it only cost me $140 for Syn 3 in all 3 holes)

:'( :-[ :o

[smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Re: Check this out!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 02:54:53 PM »

I tried to post this in the general CVO discussion as it is about dealer service and is not specifically a fatboy issue, but they moved right back here..........oh well. I feel like I am being shipped to school on the other side of town with serrugate bussing again...lol.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.