Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: 200 rear tyre  (Read 7380 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: 200 rear tyre
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 04:27:55 AM »

I have decided I am going to go ahead with the 200 rear. I will be using a 2006 FLSTFSE2 fender which I have sourced unpainted but primed  through chicago HD complete with fender supports & a Zodiac wide ass kit which only has a 1/2 inch primary offset & will run the stock 1 1/8 belt. I also plan to use my stock wheel but have it widened to 6 or 6 1/2 inches (& possibly chromed while it is off) & run a 200/60 x 16 tire, which is 3/4  inch taller tha the stock tire therefore I will be able to lower the rear a little to compensate. The only thing I'm not sure about is recalibrating the speedo to suit the new taller tire. Also I hope to find a good painter who will paint to match my stock paint. It will probably take another 4 weeks to get all the parts together.

I will have to decide when I have them wether or not I will have it finished before Easter as 6 of us have a trip planned up to North Queensland (its only about 600mile round trip) but none of us ride baggers just fatboys, wideglides, Softtails & an FXR

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 07:55:23 AM »

Aussie, Check out this link. Joanne has won some really tough competitions. She has also had a couple on the cover of Easy Rider. If your willing to ship it to the US, She is definately one to look at for your paint, I have some pics she sent me if you wish..  my 2 cents
http://www.crazyhorsepainting.com/

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 05:30:40 AM »

I have most of my parts now, but decided yesterday to order a chrome inner primary to fit while it is apart. Still can't wait but it wil be a while longer yet. The 06 fender is huge!

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Aussie
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:34:23 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 06:29:26 PM »

How is the project comming???  Sure would like to see some pictures!!!
Let's Ride

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 06:42:59 PM »

Still waiting for the chrome inner primary (from Chicago Harley) must have been out of stock.
16 x 6 chrome rear wheel should be very close also.
I also have a painter lined up
As I want to be off the road for as little as possible I want to make sure I have all the parts I think I need before I start. Even though the new fender struts are the only thing that I cant get until I cut the old ones off & see exactly how they need to be custom made.

I will be taking photos during the conversion

Cheers
Aussie  
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 10:02:31 PM »

Damned that's a kewl looking taillight! I can't wait to see the fat arsed conversion. I have been so happy with y color choice as compared with the 06 colors but I am envious of the fatty on the back!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 10:28:01 PM »

I'm pretty happy wth the tail light myself. You wouldn't believe the story of how it came to be in my possession. But to cut a long story short, I got it off this really top bloke.

As for the colours I agree & soon I will have best 2005 colour with the best 2006 feature.

It is really amazing how much fatter the new fender looks even though it is only a tad over 2 inches wider. Another bonus is I get to keep my 1 1/8inch belt. Also I will probably chrome the swingarm.

Cheers
Aussie

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 11:01:28 PM »

How are you going to keep the stock belt? How is it going to clear? What about the caliper bracket? I have noticed that the 200's are using a 17 in wheel and the rear caliper bracket is a little different, so it won't hit the wheel?

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 12:02:16 AM »

Also a word of caution when going to a chrome swingarm..where there are welds on chromed parts there is rust.............just something to consider. I know you like to ride and I expect that includes sometimes the bike will get wet.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 12:39:17 AM »

How are you going to keep the stock belt? How is it going to clear? What about the caliper bracket? I have noticed that the 200's are using a 17 in wheel and the rear caliper bracket is a little different, so it won't hit the wheel?

I have got a wide swingarm kit to suit the 200 conversion which involves a 1/2inch primary offset. Therefore I am going the chrome inner primary at the same time. The kit having a Wider swingarm allows me to use the stock caliper & a 16inch wheel. I believe that using a 60 series 16 inch tyre will preform better in corners than a low profile 17 inch or lower profile 18inch as the 17 & 18 inch tyres are flatter across the width.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 12:46:26 AM »

Also a word of caution when going to a chrome swingarm..where there are welds on chromed parts there is rust.............just something to consider. I know you like to ride and I expect that includes sometimes the bike will get wet.

Scott,
Thats not what I wanted to hear! but I have noticed many sets of handle bars on bikes with rust in the joins where they have been welded. [highlight]Why do they rust?? [/highlight]I assume if you keep cleaning it should be controlable, the Moco sell chrome swingarms as do others.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 12:47:43 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 09:37:16 PM »

It has something to do with the molecules density changing that is part of the welding process. Yes the ones they sell do rust but are sold mostly for trailor queen custom bikes that don't get ridden much. Just a word of caution. I guess it is because the weld does not get coated perfectly with the chrome and its pourous so that water molecules can set in the weld and are almost impossible to dry out causing the weld to eventually show rust.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2006, 05:34:18 PM »

Where do you stand on your project?? Sure would like an update! Can't wait to see how it looks!!!
Let's Ride

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2006, 08:29:44 PM »

Where do you stand on your project?? Sure would like an update! Can't wait to see how it looks!!!

I think I have all the parts I need now, but I had to send the wheel back as the chrome was not very good, it had some crap under the chrome in places & felt like sand paper. But I am very close to starting, just didn't want too much down time by waiting for parts

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »

Well how are you comming on the conversion???
Let's Ride
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.