Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Thunderheader 2in 1  (Read 5880 times)

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
Re: Thunderheader 2in 1
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 09:35:28 PM »

hey guys, I heard someone say that adding the SERT to your bike will void your factory warranty, anybody know the true scoop on this, I have not heard anybody mention this before.

Eagle, My take on it is that it depends on the dealer. I have read some threads in here that are really over the edge with the Dealers wearing warranty badges and others seem to be realistic with it. My dealer is allowing me to do engine work as long as I use HD parts (and even allowing me to sneak a Zippers part or 2 in) . They just warned me that if I break down out of the area the games may begin... I would talk to the Service Manager at your selling dealer, the RT voiding the warranty is a little over the edge. My dealer stocks 10 at all times and sells most of them in the deal with the Bike. Good Luck...

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 11:09:48 PM »

Eagle, My take on it is that it depends on the dealer. I have read some threads in here that are really over the edge with the Dealers wearing warranty badges and others seem to be realistic with it. My dealer is allowing me to do engine work as long as I use HD parts (and even allowing me to sneak a Zippers part or 2 in) . They just warned me that if I break down out of the area the games may begin... I would talk to the Service Manager at your selling dealer, the RT voiding the warranty is a little over the edge. My dealer stocks 10 at all times and sells most of them in the deal with the Bike. Good Luck...

Tunedse2, Thanks man, im kinda gettin the picture here, I have not talked to them about this yet, but I think if i get that kind of attitude from them I will cancel my warranty, and take the money and take my business elseware, it will be their loss on the parts and labor.
seems pretty stupid attitude to take, but when i was at Cutters HD up in janesville, WI  I overherd the parts guy tell someone that as well, and i could not believe what I was hearing,  i have not heard anyone on the site that has had this problem [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2006, 04:46:27 AM »

Apology accepted, You were not to know how lucky you are .

Cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Mike

Sorry Jim, I didn't realise it was you! these bloody screen names get a bit confusing. But never the less you still blew it.

see pic of my bike when I got it. With the stock air cleaner & stock pipes I could not even hear her run . I rekon she was lucky to make 80hp!

Cheers
Mike
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 04:51:06 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 08:20:04 AM »

Exactly!!!Now i just passed break in process and with stock cleaner-exhaust 4th and 5th gear performance is very weak.
Ridin Legend
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.