Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rev Limiter  (Read 1164 times)

ncdoc

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Rev Limiter
« on: June 24, 2006, 05:49:35 PM »

Well, got stranded out in the rain last night, had a pretty miserable trip home after a ride with a buddy!  At least it gave me a chance to clean the ride and apply a coat of Zaino today.  Had been using the Eagle One spray wax, it is nice, but nothing that I have tried compares with Zaino.  Woot!

Well, about the rev limiter.  Had dealer install a new set of screamin' Eagle pipes.  They told me the bike already had the correct download, not sure of the number at this time.  The bike runs great, I get no popping on decel.  However I did notice after break-in that the rev limiter cuts in at about 5400 rpm.  Doesn't the HD download raise the rev limit to 6200??  Anyone else tell me what the rev limit is on their stock '06??

Looks like another trip to the dealer.  I am going to give them one more try.  They have been nice, but just not sure how competent their service staff is.  Hope you all have a great day.

Greg

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Rev Limiter
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 04:16:07 AM »

Do you have a SERT? I think this could be the missing link. A simple download does not give you the features of the SERT.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

ncdoc

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 02:01:37 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I plan on doing a SERT in the near future.  I am just wondering why the redline on the bike seems low, everything I have read seems to say the stage I download moves the rev limiter to 6200.  My dealer is not the most knowledgable (surprise), and told me I needed a new ignition to raise the limiter...

So I am just trying to learn, since obviously the dealers (at least mine) don't seem to know there own product.

Greg

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 02:10:42 PM »

The rev limiter is set at 5800 without the download, with the stage 1 it goes up to 6200. If your hitting it at 5400 something is wrong!

ncdoc

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »

Thanks for the reply, the needle is moving pretty fast so it may be at 5800, but definitely not above 6000.  Guess I'll bring it to the attention of the dealer.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »

Thanks for the reply, the needle is moving pretty fast so it may be at 5800, but definitely not above 6000.  Guess I'll bring it to the attention of the dealer.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Greg,

Best way to check the rev limiter max is to slowly bring the rpm's up and see when it actually hits the limiter
With the 103 motors, I sometimes don't think the tach is quick enough to show the actual rpm
Just a thought, as when you go into dealership you would know for sure where your limiter kicks in

jeffj

Page created in 0.483 seconds with 24 queries.