Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Handle bars have to GO!!!  Help!  (Read 11512 times)

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
Re: Handle bars have to GO!!!  Help!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 08:11:16 AM »

The only set of production T's I founf that have the hydraulic clutch option is the Wild 1 0500's.
And If your willing to give up the clamp thats a damn fine option there really nice bars. I'll attach a pic of a bike with them on.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 12:12:28 PM »

custom cycle supply in Australia. They custom made them for me.. go up 4 or 5 posts Aussie left you the link.

Tunedse2, do the bars obstruct your view of the tach, it looks like you might have to look over or under the bars to see it. also, just curious why not relocate the turn signals to the front if your going through all that work. I never liked the turn signals on the bars from day one, and I plan to relocate them even if I don't change the bars.

THE BARS LOOKS GREAT!! THANKS FOR THE PICS.  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 01:38:24 PM »

I rode my new bike home and after 150 miles, the area between my shoulder blades were killing me.  It hurt so bad at lunch that I had a numb feeling.

sounds like you need to hit the gym girly-man, what do you think Franz?

Franz: Yah. That's right, Hans. we'd like to give you something to hear now and think about later: a muscle is a terrible thing to waste. Yah. That's right

Hanz: Yah. That's right, Franz. And if you're gonna be a flabby waste of girly-man, maybe you should get a smaller bike, like a tricycle, Yah,  That's right, a tricycle with a cute little bell Yah!

Franz: Here me now, and believe me later - anyone can achieve these results using our method!

Hanz: Alright. Enough talk. We're not here to talk. We're here to..

Together: pump.. [ they clap ] ..you up!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:01:56 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 01:47:38 PM »

Tunedse2, do the bars obstruct your view of the tach, it looks like you might have to look over or under the bars to see it. also, just curious why not relocate the turn signals to the front if your going through all that work. I never liked the turn signals on the bars from day one, and I plan to relocate them even if I don't change the bars.
THE BARS LOOKS GREAT!! THANKS FOR THE PICS.  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

No Eagle, no obstruction. I can see clear from 1000-7000.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

also, just curious why not relocate the turn signals to the front if your going through all that work. I never liked the turn signals on the bars from day one, and I plan to relocate them even if I don't change the bars.

Thats the beauty to these things, we can all have them a little different. I personally think the signals look like hell hanging off the chrome front end.

billvaughn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 09:48:06 PM »

Just curious....How close did the bars come to you with the pullbacks????   My wife is 5 ft and she needs the bars a little closer to keep her from leaning forward to ride....I have been looking into pullback risers and having them cut down to keep the bars closer not higher...Thanks for any inputs......

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2006, 12:10:24 AM »

on another note,  how tall are you?

billvaughn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2006, 08:18:41 AM »

I'm a whopping 5' 10"...That's why I have a Deluxe with beach bars and front end lowered....

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »

tunedSE2..

I meant you.  How tall are you and do you like these bars better than stock?  Were you getting the pain between your shoulder blades.  I rode 200 miles yesterday and feel fine so I may be ok with the stock bars now that I am used to it.

billvaughn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

The FB is my wifes.  I have only ridden it short distances....She has to lean her whole body forward to grip the bars....That's why I have to bring them back an inch or two....

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 10:41:53 AM »

tunedSE2..

I meant you.  How tall are you and do you like these bars better than stock?  Were you getting the pain between your shoulder blades.  I rode 200 miles yesterday and feel fine so I may be ok with the stock bars now that I am used to it.

[/quote

They are approx. 3 inches higher 3 inches narrower and 2 inches further away than the stock bars. There is definately no pullback advantage. I'm 5'11" .

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 10:44:12 AM »

I had no real pain from the stock bars. The biggest advantage is you feel much more in control at higher speeds. Its preference, I prefer a higher straighter bar.. Hope that helps.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 03:24:21 PM »

I had no real pain from the stock bars. The biggest advantage is you feel much more in control at higher speeds. Its preference, I prefer a higher straighter bar.. Hope that helps.

what he said!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

billvaughn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »

10-4 guys thanks....I'll start looking at the pullback risers....When finished I'll post some pics....

taffymarsden

• CVO1: 2005 CVO fatboy
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »

Welcome to the site NE-Tacoma,

Check out the link below you will find what I done. Also tunedse2 just had a set made in the same shop here down under I expect he will be posting new installed pics very soon

Aussie what are your bars? I just wasted a day with the dealer fitting 4" risers only to find gthey couldn't re-fit the tacho, so I'm back to original? (I'm in Sydney by the way)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.