Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: INSURANCE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!  (Read 4457 times)

Saljemar

• Junior CVO Member
Re: INSURANCE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »

Ask to talk to his supervisor.  If that does not work go to his supervisor.  Keep track of names.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 07:31:07 PM »

I guess I'm on an island by myself on this one, but if State Farm offered me $17,000 on an 05 SEEG I would have jumped all over it.  No individual would give you $19,000 for that bike.  Look at the ones that have been for sale on here.  You would be lucky to get $16,500 from a private buyer at this time.

Glad you are ok and hope it all works out for you.

I agree with Boatman on this, happy to see you OK. I traded-in a 2007 SE Ultra with low miles and perfect condition. I was paid $17,000 for the bike and was happy to get it. The dealer put the bike on their lot and asked $20,000 for the bike, it has been sitting unsold for 6 weeks. Just because some dealers ask high prices for the older bikes does not mean they actually sell for that number. They are just hoping someone walks in that does not really know.

Kelly Blue Book and NADA book values have one thing in common.....they don't buy cars or motorcycles. They simply publish guides and more times than not, the prices posted are incorrect. Generally higher than actual selling prices. I think they do it as a way of helping dealers finance or floor inventory as banks use the book values to determine what they will put up to "floor" that motorcycle or car. Most dealers use the banks money rather than their own, they prefer to pay monthly interest or flooring when rates are low like right now.

Ask yourself this; when was the last time you saw average run of the mill cars selling at dealerships for retail book values? My experience has been that more sell closer to the trade-in value than retail value.

Best of luck to ya, just happy to see you survived.

Scott

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »

Sounds like you are very close, NADA is $18600 for a perfect one @ retail. Is yours perfect? If not sounds like you are there now.

jau flyer

Re: INSURANCE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!-- UPDATE 10/9
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »

Hello everybody.

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for their input. advice, opinions, and suggestions. I settled with State Farm Monday and i am happy with their proposal.

i stood my ground. presented the facts. and i didn't have to talk to any supervisors, or superiors.

i am looking at a 2009 SE Road Glide and will be picking up the bike this weekend. My wife is excited. I admit i am a little nervous, but the two test rides with my wife were uneventful.

So thanks again. i am looking forward to asking more questions about a Road Glide instead of ole yeller who was taken by the salvage co. yesterday!!!

'flyer

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2013, 08:48:33 PM »

Glad you reached an acceptable settlement with the insurance, and congrats on the purchase of the new ride.

of course photos will be required once you pick it up.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

jau flyer

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »

Hey Thanks.....

I will post some pics this weekend. I learned a lot about adjusters, and insurance in general, with this episode. This is my first major claim in 30+ years...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 3.852 seconds with 22 queries.