Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Anyone lose a saddle bag while riding?  (Read 41773 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Anyone lose a saddle bag while riding?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »

Well I just got my insurance check last Thursday and this morning I ordered my complete new LH O/B saddle bag from Jenni at Tri County HD in OH.

She seems really nice and cut me a great deal.  We're not sure but it appears I can keep the old saddle bag.  I just had to give her my VIN to get it ordered.

20% off, no tax and $10.00 shipping.

What a deal...

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 05:07:15 PM »

Jenni's customer service is 4 star

barkleydog

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 01:22:28 PM »

As a previous CVO owner I still still read here. I purchased a 2009 SG. Had about 1500 miles and the right bag came off. It was locked and did not open. Pretty beat up but put back on and headed to to the closest HD dealer. I was on my way to the air show in Osh Kosh Wi.. Dealer checked it out said I must have not had the pins tight. Oh well live and learn. About 100 miles later comes off again. Not so lucky this time, hit a steel pole and exploded.

I then went to an unamed dealer near the show and the old fart just said tuff luck see ya... I asked that he call harley for any issues with the pin system on my model run. He came back and said denied. I asked for the claim number and left. I went down the street and called HD customer service. The third lady I finally got to, could not have been nicer. Said buy a back pack and continue. She said she would call ME when I returned and told me to have a good trip.

Sure enough the day after I returned home she called me and said the pins are never a warranty issue because even the dealer could install them improperly. She promptly offered tho pay half at the dealer of my choice through a credit  on thier parts acct. GREAT service from HD... The rest of the story is not so good but that does not really matter anymore.

So Why not give that route a try. It may help you. Note, though I have purchased several new H Ds in the last few years, do not know if that helped, but CS was Great.

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 01:33:14 PM »

Glad I added the chrome bars around the bags like the standard Ultra....don't know why they were removed in the first place?!?!

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »

Dan, have had one of my pins come out while riding.  Received my Brukus "SaddlebagSecure" kit today and installed it.  No more worries now.  Good price, fast delivery and easy installation.
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »

Dan, have had one of my pins come out while riding.  Received my Brukus "SaddlebagSecure" kit today and installed it.  No more worries now.  Good price, fast delivery and easy installation.

Thanks to all on the comments.

I still cannot figure out how with as much preload these 1/4 turn pins have that they could come loose.  I have say come loose because I've dealt with them for years and I make it a point to double turn them when I put the bags back on.

Turds occur I guess.

I'll be doing something different when I get my new bag from Jenni.

Thanks again guys and to the ones that have lost one or more, I feel the pain...

:(  :(  :(
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 02:26:36 AM »

Got my Brukus kit, really easy to fit and great customer service.

Jon

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »

Glad I added the chrome bars around the bags like the standard Ultra....don't know why they were removed in the first place?!?!

What tennisman says, I added the (crash) rear saddlebag guards to my 2010 Ultra CVO. I know many here say it takes away from the Flames and Paint Job, so what for the time the bike may tip over or some with saddle bags popping off I know the bags are protected.

And for those who will say I never, never ever have dropped my bike, great for you, you know the saying its never if its when.

geezerglide

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 07:16:49 AM »

Amen Geezerglide...have had one garage tipover and one during a tight turnaround on gravel road (which I try to avoid at all costs!).  No harm done.  Bars saved the bags.  Can't have too much chrome!  I added both fore and aft front fender chrome tips from an RK, the lighted rear fender tip, the chrome dash bezel, rear speaker grill chrome, passenger chrome grab handles, and chrome helmet locks to my engine guards.  Didn't do any chrome on the engine cause I don't want to trap any heat.
T

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »

Amen Geezerglide...have had one garage tipover and one during a tight turnaround on gravel road (which I try to avoid at all costs!).  No harm done.  Bars saved the bags.  Can't have too much chrome!  I added both fore and aft front fender chrome tips from an RK, the lighted rear fender tip, the chrome dash bezel, rear speaker grill chrome, passenger chrome grab handles, and chrome helmet locks to my engine guards.  Didn't do any chrome on the engine cause I don't want to trap any heat.
T

T

Sounds like a nice looking scooter........any pictures?
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »

Just my sigpic for now....what is the limit on pics on this site?

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • Brukus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 11:42:49 PM »

Yikes, that sucks- sorry to hear.

Makes me glad I ordered the Saddlebag Secure set up from Brukus, along with the seat screw. I'm willing to bet you will be doing the same.

Thanks for the good word. Incidents like this are exactly why we developed SaddlebagSecure.Still released pretty quickly, but never when just going down the road. As a matter of fact, a customer had our SaddlebagSecure for almost a year, wrecked his bike and most of the bag was gone but the SaddlebagSecure was still holding the back side of the bike on.
The Big Brukus   ~   Big + Ruckus = Brukus
Navy Vet

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

Thanks for the good word. Incidents like this are exactly why we developed SaddlebagSecure.Still released pretty quickly, but never when just going down the road. As a matter of fact, a customer had our SaddlebagSecure for almost a year, wrecked his bike and most of the bag was gone but the SaddlebagSecure was still holding the back side of the bike on.
what all comes in the kit?
Hawg

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »

Just my sigpic for now....what is the limit on pics on this site?

The F.A.Q.s section of the board will cover most user questions. :2vrolijk_21:    For this one, click here....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=2540.0

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 09:59:01 AM »

what all comes in the kit?

Take a look at this thread, reply #32 for a pic of the kit. I have it....it's good quality hardware and shipped quickly after you order.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=60689.0;all
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.