Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Anyone lose a saddle bag while riding?  (Read 41895 times)

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

Re: Anyone lose a saddle bag while riding?
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »

I lost my Right (Starboard) saddlebag when the bike was still new in 2007. I had just finished installing the D&D FatCat exhaust. I'm pretty sure it was my fault as I was distracted and anxious to take it for a spin. Probably didn't fasten the bag securely. Worried about it ever since, never had another problem though.

The bag flew off at an honest 70mph. Still using that same bag. Scuffed where it hit the asphault but flew into the median after that.

Learned several painful lessons that day.

• $700.00 on ebay to replace the bags.
  • Don't drive away from the garage without the alarm key fob. Or at least don't shut it down when you stop miles from home to pick up the lost bag beside the road.
  • If you chose to ignore #2, wear proper walking attire.
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • Brukus Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »

I lost my Right (Starboard) saddlebag when the bike was still new in 2007. I had just finished installing the D&D FatCat exhaust. I'm pretty sure it was my fault as I was distracted and anxious to take it for a spin. Probably didn't fasten the bag securely. Worried about it ever since, never had another problem though.

The bag flew off at an honest 70mph. Still using that same bag. Scuffed where it hit the asphault but flew into the median after that.

Learned several painful lessons that day.

• $700.00 on ebay to replace the bags.
  • Don't drive away from the garage without the alarm key fob. Or at least don't shut it down when you stop miles from home to pick up the lost bag beside the road.
  • If you chose to ignore #2, wear proper walking attire.

SaddlebagSecure can relieve your worries. We have customers that contact us all the time that this happens to. The pins break or come loose. That's why we designed the product as I had the same concerns.
The Big Brukus   ~   Big + Ruckus = Brukus
Navy Vet

NSTY110RIDER

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2011, 11:39:33 PM »

I installed the Brukus SaddlebagSecure on my '08 SERK last week and it is really nice not having to reach back all the time to make sure my bags are still there !

OCD Cured !!! :pineapple: 
2008 Screamin Eagle Road King

Thundercloud

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2011, 03:39:23 PM »

I ordered the Saddlebag Secures last Friday afternoon,  had them in my mail box last night (Monday) had them installed in about 15 minutes. They are a great product and Brukus's service is unbelievable!!!!!!

I am very happy with them and will be spreading the word.

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »

Like others, I ordered the Saddlebag Secure kit and it arrived w/in 3 days.  Installation was very easy.  The bolts used are Torx security type, so I'll keep the Torx tool on the bike with my carry tool kit just in case a bag needs to be removed.

As for torque values, I just tightened the bolts until they were very snug.  After a 1600 roundtrip to Rolling Thunder, I washed/cleaned the bike.  When I removed the bolts they were just as snug as when the kit was installed.  To be candid, I sort of shrugged realizing I'd need to remove the bolts to remove the saddlebags rather than simply remove the OEM clevis pins.  However, the removal and install was so easy the bit of extra time it takes compared to the OEM clevis pins is measured in seconds, not minutes.

Carl     

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »

Thanks all for the good words on our SaddlebagSecure®!

FYI - We also make what we call a Tool Keyper that the security torque wrench slides into very tightly and you can keep the security tool with you on your keychain. We had a lot of requests for something like that - just because people weren't sure where to put the wrench to make sure they had it with them. So I designed the Tool Keyper to help with that issue.

Had a customer yesterday coin a word - they had all but one of our security products, and they were going to get the last one before heading to Sturgis. So they said they had to make sure their bike was "Brukified". LOL! "Fortified with Brukus" - Brukufied.
Navy Vet

resqdoc

• Full CVO Member
  • de oppresso libre
    • MT

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »

As per comments above. I ordered a couple items from Brukus the day I posted this comment. They arrived a few days later.

In addition to the SaddlebagSecures, I ordered the WindshieldShackle. In fact, they arrived the same day as my replacement Clearview windshield showed up. Here's the story on the windshield:

I have had a Clearview on the bike since I bought the bike new. The Quick Detach Harley windshield set up works very well to keep the windshield in place when subjected to 100 mph+ wind; when it is blowing in the direction of headlight to taillight. On the other hand, it is not worth a damn if the wind is blowing taillight to headlight...... >:(

Recently I had the bike parked in an open parking lot. Forensic reconstruction of the scene revealed:
A heavy wind gust blew through (in the direction of tail light to head light)  >:( This wind blew the windshield off the bike and into the pathway of other vehicles moving through the parking lot. It appears that one or more vehicles had a case of the ass towards the Clearview Windshield....it was ugly. The good news is, the hardware was salvaged.

I installed the WindshieldShacle tonight and don't expect to go through the hassle of unexpectidly replacing my windshield during the riding season ever again.

I also got one of the plastic doo-hickies to carry the tool in a safe place. It has two holes, one for the included Torx Security tool and another for a torx security bit. I carved a groove in the hole intended for the bit. My key for the harley locks that secure the passenger backrest & luggage rack, now reside in that second position.
2007 FLHRSE3 with D&D Fatcats, SERT, AK-40 & Bitubo 330 mm, Glide-Pro, Clearview windscreen

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2011, 07:17:35 PM »

FYI - We hear from owners all the time who lose their bags either by theft or "fly-offs". We actually made a video recently to show just how easily the locked bags are stolen. We've been attacked for showing the thieves how to do this, but NEWS FLASH - the thieves already know! But this also secures the bags against the twist pins breaking or coming loose! Plus we've been told our product removes rattles... : )

We have kept our price at $24.95 even with rising component prices. AND you can save 10% of that with the forum discount.

Here's the video:
Navy Vet

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »

Something to consider for your CVO is a KickShoe to stabilize it when parked on soft or uneven ground. This attached kickstand coaster does away with the need to fumble around with a coaster or puck or beer can. We've had great reviews on this product as one of the most frustrating thing for Harley owners is trying to park their bike on sand, grass, dirt or gravel without coming back to it having fallen over. We have 2 models of KickShoes - for Touring Bikes 2007 and Newer and for Touring Bikes 2006 and older. You can check both models out here: KickShoes for Harley Touring Bikes http://bit.ly/qpSesr
Navy Vet

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »

Jenni's customer service is 4 star

Is this the Jenni that was at Charley's HD in West Virginia?  They had 20% off always, and SUPER service.  I thought she told me
she was going to Danville, VA.   or is she now at Hale's in Mansfield, OH?  They too have always had 20% off on parts.....

'09 CVO 'Screamin' Eagle' FLTRSE3 w/Rinehart slip-ons, WindSplitter shield
'97 FXDWG, Stage II, fully tricked-out, faster than my CVO

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »

FYI - We hear from owners all the time who lose their bags either by theft or "fly-offs". We actually made a video recently to show just how easily the locked bags are stolen. We've been attacked for showing the thieves how to do this, but NEWS FLASH - the thieves already know! But this also secures the bags against the twist pins breaking or coming loose! Plus we've been told our product removes rattles... : )

We have kept our price at $24.95 even with rising component prices. AND you can save 10% of that with the forum discount.

Here's the video:

Hey, Brukus - ready to order - how do I get my forum discount??????

And for everyone who has yet to order their SaddleSecure hardware, you can use a tie-wrap on the front bracket to keep your bags from falling off - left goes into strap slot and rt. side of front bag bracket;  right goes through bag bracket, back around the black bike mount so it catches the "L" part and holds tight - takes 2 medium/1 long tie wrap.........won't stop a thief, but should keep them from falling off.

THANKS!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:10:53 PM by Gatornapper »

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »

And for everyone who has yet to order their SaddleSecure hardware, you can use a tie-wrap on the front bracket to keep your bags from falling off - left goes into strap slot and rt. side of front bag bracket;  right goes through bag bracket, back around the black bike mount so it catches the "L" part and holds tight - takes 2 medium/1 long tie wrap.........won't stop a thief, but should keep them from falling off.

THANKS!
Would you have a pic on this?  :confused5:
Hawg

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2011, 11:33:59 PM »

Here is the bike now. Very happy with it

Scotty in Seattle

Where did you get the center stand from?  I like it  :2vrolijk_21:
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:19 AM »

Would you have a pic on this?  :confused5:

THANKS!

I'm not sure why the Forum Discount link isn't in our signature - but here's the link: http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=brukus-motorcycle-parts&pc=11130
Navy Vet

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2011, 09:30:31 AM »

I'm not sure why the Forum Discount link isn't in our signature - but here's the link: http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=brukus-motorcycle-parts&pc=11130

Thanks, Brukus - wanted to get the KickShoe too.....but it isn't on the discounted list on this link....???????

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.