Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Milwaukee-Eight  (Read 61150 times)

Nemesis

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Re: Milwaukee-Eight
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 08:36:21 AM »

From HD germany:

-  103Ci Touring année 2016 : 64kw soit 87cv et 138Nm
-  107Ci Touring année 2017 : 66kw soit 90cv à 5450tr/mn et 150Nm

-  110Ci CVO année 2016 : 72kw soit 98cv et 156Nm
-  114Ci sur CVO année 2017 : 75kw soit 102cv à 5250tr/mn et 165Nm

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 10:23:31 AM »

Hi guys! Not sure if this is a good place for this question or not. I asked this question in another topic but never received any answers.

What does the introduction of the 2017 models and the new engine do to the value of new 2016 CVO's still on the dealer floor? What did it do to the value of used 2014- 2016 CVO's?

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 11:50:06 AM »

It looks like beehive springs are used now.  It also looks like the standard spring retainer, stem and lock system.

That being said, if you have a common one piece rocker arm with two pads, one for each valve, how do you make sure they BOTH have the same preload on the valve stem?

If one is touching, that means the other rocker pad is not under the same preload.  Unless both stem heights are exactly the same height.  When you grind valves on the M-8, the stem length I'm sure is going to have to be "adjusted" so that both are in contact with the common rocker shaft with the dual pads.

This seems very complicated and not a good long term way to do it.  I could see if one of the rocker pads were to be adjustable on each rocker.  Then you could zero the fixed one and then adjust the other to meet that same zero.  But without some way to adjust between the two pads and valve stem lengths, how is this going to be done?

I don't see any stem end caps like used on overhead cams that could do this type of sync between the two valves/rocker pads.

What am I missing?

I was told early on that one of the rocker tips has an adjuster. I sure don't see it in the pics?
I wonder if there is a lash cap on one or both of the valve stems? There has to be something to sync the
valves. No way the valve job is that tight. Lol..

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »

They say there is no adjustment on the rockers at all...
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 12:29:04 PM »

Hi guys! Not sure if this is a good place for this question or not. I asked this question in another topic but never received any answers.

What does the introduction of the 2017 models and the new engine do to the value of new 2016 CVO's still on the dealer floor? What did it do to the value of used 2014- 2016 CVO's?

Harley dealers are offering a "free 117 kit" with the purchase of a "new" 2016 CVO

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »

I was told early on that one of the rocker tips has an adjuster. I sure don't see it in the pics?
I wonder if there is a lash cap on one or both of the valve stems? There has to be something to sync the
valves.
No way the valve job is that tight. Lol..

SG
You would think wouldn't you?  Otherwise I'd be afraid, very afraid of this motor.  Once you get a bike to check out you can verify.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 02:24:28 PM »

They say there is no adjustment on the rockers at all...

One article I read had "no adjusters" in its text.  Another said there was no expected adjustment necessary during the life of the engine.  Those aren't the same thing but it's easy to see how some lazy magazine hack could see the latter about never needing adjustment and sloppily turn it in to "no adjusters."

First guy to actually have the top off one can tell us for sure.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 02:42:06 PM »

By the time the 2019s come out, I'll bet they HAVE an adjustment mechanism for one valve on each rocker.
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 03:10:55 PM »

One article I read had "no adjusters" in its text.  Another said there was no expected adjustment necessary during the life of the engine.  Those aren't the same thing but it's easy to see how some lazy magazine hack could see the latter about never needing adjustment and sloppily turn it in to "no adjusters."

First guy to actually have the top off one can tell us for sure.

In one of the many videos I have seen recently the Harley Representative stated that through a factory fitting process there is no adjustment required for the life of the engine. He also stated that rocker arms that had not been fitted would be available for the performance minded enthusiast to use in the event that there had been modifications (like valves and seats) that had altered the original fitment from the factory.
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 03:12:08 PM »

Harley dealers are offering a "free 117 kit" with the purchase of a "new" 2016 CVO

I was at a dealer on Tuesday evening and mentioned this and I received a blank stare of disbelief in return.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »

I was at a dealer on Tuesday evening and mentioned this and I received a blank stare of disbelief in return.
Yeah I bet you did. I'm a little puzzled myself.

BigLew

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2016, 03:23:27 PM »

Maybe they are shimming one end or the other of the rocker support shaft.  Probably not as that would cock the shaft and side load the valve stem on depression.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 03:26:40 PM »

Unlike many of you, I'm not the least bit surprised.  This fits right in with the rest of the company's "close enough for government work" philosophy.  Precision is a German thing, and close enough is a Milwaukee thing.  After drinking a few of Milwaukee's other famous products everything is close enough.

I want to see some details on the single most important part of the engine.  Once we see that, and the tolerances they specify, we will have a better idea of how seriously they've taken the reliability and quality concerns.  I'm speaking, of course, about the flywheel assembly or crankshaft.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »

Another thing that bothers me.  They could never even produce a lifter that could bear the strain of a single valve spring and now it's dealing with the strain of two springs? :nixweiss:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 03:39:58 PM »

I don't have time to watch the whole propaganda video....so, cut to the chase; What are the HP & TQ numbers for both 107 & 114?

Cutting to the chase. Here's the dyno charts from the P&A catalog on the 107 to 114 upgrade kit and the 114 to 117 upgrade kit. My guess is that the aftermarket guys will be making great power out of the 114 without adding displacement. Given the better breathing of the 4 valves plus the addition of a larger TB, larger injectors, 2:1 exhaust, roller rockers and a solid tune, my guess is the aftermarket tuners will get the 114 to exceed 130/130 without breaking a sweat. Lots more power with added displacement. Can anyone say 131"?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:44:14 PM by Heatwave »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.