Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Custom®

I dove into the shark tank.

<< < (4/4)

FLHTKSE16MAN:
Beautiful bike man, just test drove same one for chits and giggles this past weekend and I liked it.  Only knock is that it vibrates a little more than my 18 cvo street glide . . . . no idea why but thinking of a road glide for my next one.

Scott7d:

--- Quote from: FLHTKSE16MAN on July 28, 2020, 10:08:43 AM ---Beautiful bike man, just test drove same one for chits and giggles this past weekend and I liked it.  Only knock is that it vibrates a little more than my 18 cvo street glide . . . . no idea why but thinking of a road glide for my next one.

--- End quote ---

I have some front end wobble in tight turns. More so when turning left. I am going to make some adjustments to the rear suspension, but also getting front suspension and different tires put on this weekend. I've never been a fan of the HD Dunlops, I'm hoping the changes this weekend fix the wobble. My guess is a cupped front tire. American Elites are going on which I've never had that problem with.

FLSTFI Dave:
On a road glide, front end wobble is oftentimes caused by an improperly adjusted neck bearing.  This will show it's self most often decelerating from 50 to 40 with no hands on the bar, if you get side to side movement of the bars, it is the neck bearing.  Often times the factory or the dealer sets it to the same spec as the other touring bikes, which is wrong.  The Road Glide has its own unique spec for the neck bearing. 

Scott7d:

--- Quote from: FLSTFI Dave on August 01, 2020, 07:47:06 AM ---On a road glide, front end wobble is oftentimes caused by an improperly adjusted neck bearing.  This will show it's self most often decelerating from 50 to 40 with no hands on the bar, if you get side to side movement of the bars, it is the neck bearing.  Often times the factory or the dealer sets it to the same spec as the other touring bikes, which is wrong.  The Road Glide has its own unique spec for the neck bearing.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for that info! I have a 5000+ mile trip coming up next week so I will definitely get to feel the bike out after making some changes. If it's still present, I will head back to HD to see about that neck bearing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version