Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BLUE BUSTER FOR SCRATCHS AND BLUEING  (Read 2638 times)

RX_4_FUN

BLUE BUSTER FOR SCRATCHS AND BLUEING
« on: February 08, 2007, 03:55:27 PM »

I HAD USED THIS PRODUCT ONCE AND RUINED A PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW PAIR OF PIPES.  THE PRODUCT BLUE BUSTER TOOK THE CHROME RIGHT OF THE PIPE RIGHT DOWN TO THE NICKEL.  THE MAKERS OF BLUE BUSTER - BIKE BRITE BLAME THAT THE PIPES WERE INSTALLED INCORRECTLY BY THE H-D DEALER AND OR THE PIPE COMPANY BASSANI USES A CHEAP CHROME PLATING.  JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT TO HOPEFULLY PREVENT ANY ONE FROM GOING THRU THIS SAY PROBLEM AS MYSELF.  I DO BELEIVE IT WAS THE PRODUCT THAT DAMAGED THE CHROME.  THIS PRODUCT CAN REMOVE SCRATCHES AND BLUEIGN BY JUST REMOVING THE CHROME.

cigarmike

Re: BLUE BUSTER FOR SCRATCHS AND BLUEING
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »

Oh Man, they must be using  MoCo's own handbook 'Dancing around warranty issues 101'

Thanks for the heads up.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 12:02:43 PM »

I just had a most unhappy experience regarding pipe bluing.  Had the dealer do a tune with SE muffs, stock headers after putting in the Redshift 575 cams.  They turned the right side muffler blue about half way back.  They gave me a box of this stuff and all I did was make a huge mess and buff off some chrome while still leaving the things mostly blue.  I ended up putting the stock heat shields over them until I got fed up and ordered a set of D&D FatCats.

They are being installed and retuned now.  They better not be blue when I get them back! 

Bottom Line....Blue buster is a bust as far as I can see..... >:(

DynaSoar

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »

What the heck is in that stuff that eats the chrome off?

I use Brasso on blue pipes and they come out looking like I just took 'em out of the box.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »

Thats a GREAT idea.  I'm gonna try it

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news PoleCat..The only way you're gonna stop "bluing" is by using a double wall pipe, ceramic coating or heat shields to cover it up..  I'm not familiar with the FatCats (funny coming from a PoleCat) but if they're not double walled or have some kind of treatment in them...they're gonna probably blue or turn yellow (discolor the chrome). 

You're running flame through a tube...it's gonna get hot and temper and is a nature of the beast.  Those gimicks are just that...you can't rub off the bluing..Good luck. 
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 24 queries.