Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: hdbrad03  (Read 15031 times)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: hdbrad03
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 09:45:10 PM »

I’m not very good at this but here I go.

Most everyone is aware of hdbrad03 and RHODA-King (Brad and Val) that has been contributing members of this forum for some time now, I consider them friends for life even though we don’t see each other very often. Last September while at the Maggie Valley GTG Brad was involved in a freak accident that required him to be life-flighted to UT hospital in Knoxville, they released him later that night for some reason, it was apparent he had a concussion. I keep in contact with him from time to time and have learned the hard way through other site members he has a long road ahead for complete recovery, but I have faith that he will overcome this and move forward, Luv ya man. Anyhow I’m asking for some generosity please, to help them with some financial stress that has to be upon them. I’ll prolly take some lashing from even putting this out here and that’s okay by me. I could go on but will leave it at this for now.

Please give what you can via PayPal or if needed I can PM you a physical address. Please say some prayers to the one above for Brad, Val and their family.
I’m using my PayPal account to start off with because of convenience and I guarantee every cent will be forwarded to them or else.

monday@hargray.com  for PayPal

Thanks to Everyone for prayers and gifts.

God bless

Phillip

I chatted with Val and apparently Brad was on the way to recovery when he fell in their home and had another concussion. He's on medical leave during his recovery but the therapists are out of network (fricking insurance companies). Anyway, a get well card and some additional help have been sent.

Phil, thanks for getting the word out.

Simon

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 08:09:16 AM »

Again I’m simply a messenger here, no one likes to hear of anybody going down but due to the circumstances Brad’s situation is unique.  it’s all y’all and each and everyone at the same time that makes lending a helping hand a special thing here. If I’m not mistaken, Brian (Unc’s nephew) talked with Val and learned of Brad’s current state, he put the call out to several others, I got a call from Uncle Mikey informing me, we all came together and here we are today. Brotherhood is alive here.

I look forward to the day that my phone rings and Brad gives me an earful about even mentioning this online. That will be a special day for me and hopefully not to far in the future. The generosity of everyone is overwhelming.

Thanks to each and everyone for responding

Phillip
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 09:50:42 AM »

Brad and Val are "Good People"  Let's keep this going for our friends.

JW

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 11:35:27 AM »

When I think about our Maggie Valley get togethers and, in particular, the fire pit at the Holiday, I think about Brad and Val.  Also remember Brad wrenching on members’ bikes in the parking lot on several occasions.  Brad is one of the guys that makes CVOHarley.com the brotherhood it is.  If you’ve ever participated in an event he attended, sat around the fire with him or Val or benefitted from his mechanical knowledge, either first hand, or via his recommendations here on the site, please consider helping out in whatever amount you feel comfortable.  Or, even if you don’t know him and just feel led to do something good for a good man and his family, that’d be OK, too.

Praying for a full recovery for our friend and brother.

Brian

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 10:41:29 PM »

Thanks TN for bringing this matter to our attention. 

Like many of us, I have had the pleasure of being in the company of Brad and Val on both East and West Coast Gatherings.  Two of the finest people you will ever meet and of a giving nature in all matters.  I cannot begin to express the number of times I have seen Brad hold back from rides to assist others in need.  In addition, he insisted to look at my bike during a time I was having some mechanical difficulty and was not prepared to let it go when I was.  I consider these folks some of the Best of the Best and any one that has ever meet them would agree.

I am saddened to hear of Brad's temporary set back but one matter is for certain.  Through God's will, Brad will press forward through this condition and continue to serve others unselfishly.  In the meantime, I will attempt to be like them and unselfishly give of my possessions to assist them. 

If you are a brother or sister of this site and believe in the brotherhood of what we do and understand the risk I would urge you to support these folks.  I can promise you they would be there supporting you.

It is my pleasure and privilege to be in a position to do so.  I trust you may find yourself in the same position.

Get Well Soon Brad, we miss ya and Love to ya Brother.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 07:38:09 AM by Jock »

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 08:47:19 AM »

Brad and Val are the type of people typically found on CVO Harley. A little bit from many of us would go a long way to help. Hoping he recovers soon.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 09:59:31 AM »

This group is amazing.   :orange:  For future donations via PayPal please use Brad's account which is

meggb@roadrunner.com

I just received this information, it will cut the middle man out and go straight to the source. I'll see to it that Brad receives all the monies that was sent to my PayPal account. I'll still PM anyone that ask their mailing address upon request.

God Bless

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:01:33 AM by TN »

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 07:12:37 PM »

This group is amazing.   :orange:  For future donations via PayPal please use Brad's account which is

meggb@roadrunner.com

I just received this information, it will cut the middle man out and go straight to the source. I'll see to it that Brad receives all the monies that was sent to my PayPal account. I'll still PM anyone that ask their mailing address upon request.

God Bless

Good job TN. Glad you got this ball rolling. Sounds like you have been talking to Brad after you started taking donations. I hope he didn't chew your ass out too much. Even if he did, it's well worth listening to saying... "you shouldn't or needn't have". Yes, we needed to Brad.

Simon

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 08:53:53 PM »

I can’t recall any gtg I’ve attended that Brad wasn’t helping someone. Myself included. I’ve made many life long friends here and I can say Brad & Val are the cream of the crop.

Get well soon my friend!!! Give our love to Val.

Thanks to Phil for grabbin’ the bull by the horns.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 08:49:43 AM »

Terry and I have enjoyed their hospitality while coming home from a cross country trip. Beautiful lake front home overlooking Lake Erie in the heart of Welches Grape vineyards. What a great place to slow the pace and recover. Pray for a good outcome and speedy recovery.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »

Thanks Phillip for the update. I must confess I had really lost touch and will put Brad back on my prayer list and share with the brothers.

BigLew

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »

Phil thanks for getting this going. I was at the Maggie Valley GTG last year, but wasn't aware of the ongoing issues. Still praying all ends well for Brad and Val.

Clay
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: hdbad03
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »

Phil thanks for posting.  Brad and Val are great people and need our help.  Y’all find it in your hearts to make a contribution in anyway you can.

X2  :2vrolijk_21:

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »

Thanks for responding gents, he is a fine fella and I’m hoping for the best also. I’ve been contacted by someone that has been generous in his donations to the cause and he preferred he sent me the funds to forward to Brad as it was initially set up so he could remain anonymous. If anyone else would rather do it this way also please PM me and I’ll get back with you to do so, just an alternative. It’s not about an individual effort but the collective.

I'm not trying to confuse the situation just offer an alternative.

TN
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:41:34 PM by TN »

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »

Let's keep the giving and goodwill going. Brad has a long recovery ahead and will need our help and prayers. I plan making another donation next week. I Like the old saying, " Don't give till it hurts, Give till it feels good".

Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.