Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120236 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »

Mikey~~~

Ok I am not talking you out of your lifters....but I did mention the S&S lifters because they are reasonably priced.....just so you know......if that would have any "bearing" on your position and yes the "pun" was intended.....lol

it might, at this time I'm still stuck on my choice ...... but you do have me thinking about it..... now that bug will be on my brain forever THANKS  LOL

Hey I hope to ride with you some day and I don't want you breaking down....LOL....LOL

LOL too, we WILL ride together one day......in 09 I bet !!

, now watch it will be ME that breaks DOWN!!! LOL

we're not gonna break down !

:bananarock:

Regards,

Tim

This is the only specs that I have found on the Sifton lifters ......

Sifton Hydraulic Tappet Unit Sets feature maxi-axle roller and
pin design and unique “no-bleed” integral pump unit. Unique
pump design features full hydraulic action up to 5000 RPM,
then act as solid.

V-Twin is a dealer .... interesting enough I found the Sifton's on the same page as the Power Glide Evo Hydraulic Tappets .... here http://www.vtwinmfg.com/catalogs/cyr/pdf/31.pdf  but I don't know if those are the ones you had .... I didn't see the JIMS name there.

2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

RedFXR2

« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »

Just to muddy up the tappet search water, I used HD Screaming Eagle lifters in mine.  18568-98 I believe is the part number.  I've been told that Jim's made SE lifters for HD.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »

Mike~~

I sort of remember that as well......and I decided at the time to go to the "well" or the "source" per say.....but back in 2005 I remember that as a topical discussion somewhere.....just never kept any notes on it specifically.....Anyone else confirm this?

Mike, how much are those?

Mike you never "muddy" up the waters....lol....you are our source of inspiration.... :2vrolijk_21:

Here is a photo of a JIMS BIG AXLE POWER GLIDE HYDRAULIC TAPPET.

Regards,

"Classic"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:44:22 PM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2008, 02:43:12 PM »

Does anyone have a photo of a OEM EVO lifter that is from a 1999 EVO engine?

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »

Mikey,

Is this the sort of stuff you would like discussed over in your cam and motor modification "THREAD" I wasn't quite sure.....we should move some of this stuff over there perhaps.....or perhaps it should stay here as well.....I wasn't quite sure if you had enough "blank" replies set out yet before we all jumped into that THREAD with you.

Regards,

Tim

RedFXR2

« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »

Here is a photo of a JIMS BIG AXLE POWER GLIDE HYDRAULIC TAPPET.

Looking at your photo and mine above, I'd say the rumour is true.  The Jims lifter looks just like the SE model, minus the "Screamin' Eagle" lettering.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »

pssst Mike how much are the SE ones?

Regards,

Tim

RedFXR2

« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »

I just looked--they're (still) $259.95.  I looked up my records and that's the same retail price they carried in 2005, but I ordered mine from Surdyke for $209.25.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2008, 07:05:17 PM »

Mikey,

Is this the sort of stuff you would like discussed over in your cam and motor modification "THREAD" I wasn't quite sure.....we should move some of this stuff over there perhaps.....or perhaps it should stay here as well.....

I don't know where this stuff is best suited to be placed :nixweiss:

I wasn't quite sure if you had enough "blank" replies set out yet

I  do have, Thanks

before we all jumped into that THREAD with you.

Feel FREE to jump in there ANYTIME !!!!!!!!  To more, the Merrier !!!!!!!!

Regards,

Tim

I was a bit surprised that nobody has posted up over there yet, and to tell me what I was missing in my parts list  ......
I've added some things since I posted it up yesterday, and I've updated the posting with the changes.

It might look the same because I did not highlight the additional items added in
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2008, 12:36:05 AM »

I was a bit surprised that nobody has posted up over there yet, and to tell me what I was missing in my parts list

Mikey~~

I will jump into that thread Mikey tomorrow.....(Saturday)......don't worry we will get you some responses.....I will take these responses and send them over there as well.....the ones that apply to your motor build coming up......

I will throw in my thoughts on the Screamin Eagle Heads as well.....like I did to you privately....I know Mike (RedFXR2) will have some great input since he is running the Screamin Eagle Heads as well.....

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2008, 02:29:27 AM »

Hey Tim .............
LOL

you and I didn't know it ... but we were connected last April in 08

you responded to a post that I put up in Vtwin .... and then I didn't make it back there ... it's here

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/fxr-motorcycle-family-discussions-forum/112534-touring-my-2000-fxr4-2.html#post1341651

Too bad for me that I didn't come back there.......  I left, not for any particular reason, and hadn't gone back until about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

It's a good site to stay connected with .... but man, how many can I really do ... that's the challenge ....

I'm hooked on this one, and two others .... and visiting vtwin inbetween ....  I can't do any more than that really....

I wish there was a 'GLOBAL' fourm   :DD

now wouldn't that be a beautiful thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »

Hey Tim .............LOL......you and I didn't know it ... but we were connected last April in 08 you responded to a post that I put up in Vtwin .... and then I didn't make it back there ........

Mikey not only were you connected with me lol, but you were also talking with MIke (RedFXR2) who is FXR2 at V~Twin Forum he responded to you initially ie: Replies 2, 4, and 5.

3) I'd still like to get rid of that chrome strip on the dash

Mikey~~~do you still have a desire to do this....I have done it to my FXR2 (just haven't taken any quality photos of the modification yet so I will include photos of a 1992 FXRSC showing the "black wrinkle" Instrument Housing & Trim Pannel) here are the part numbers:

1988 – 1992 FXRS Low Rider
1988 – 1994 FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Instrument Housing & Trim Panel Black Wrinkle
67189-88  Instrument Housing Chrome FXR2   $55.96
67185-88  Instrument Housing “Wrinkle Black” FXRS  $57.50
67119-85  Instrument Housing Black Rubber Bottom Trim Edging Piece  $4.80
2519         Instrument Housing Black Screws (2)    $0.80 each

92061-83  Speedometer/Tachometer Rubber Cushion  $12.00

61643-88  Trim Panel “Wrinkle Black” FXRS  $33.44
61635-88  Trim Panel Chrome FXR2 
61648-85  Trim Panel Edging FXR2

After I put this list together for you I am reminded that the FXR4's have the electronic speedo's thus I am not sure since I don't have the Part's Book for a FXR4 whether the chrome housing and the tank trim pannel share the same part numbers with the FXR2 and 3.  Above I have posted the "chrome" instrument housing & trim pannel for the FXR2 & FXR3 as well so you can compare those "chrome' part numbers of the FXR2 & FXR3 with those you have in your FXR4 Part's manual.   Both the wrinkle black and the chrome pieces are difficult to locate....and while most dealers will tell you they are discontinued part numbers for both the chrome and the wrinkle black with enough effort someone can find them....there is a parts department in WI that purchases NOS parts from HD's across the country (NOS = New Old Stock) and then they become a source to the HD Dealerships for parts that are basically out of inventory or discontinued....if the HD Parts person will show enough inititive to search.  But anyway.....let's say they are different part numbers for your FXR4 of which actually I know the instrument housing would be since your housing fits the "electronic" gauges and would need no hole on the side to reset the odometer like the FXR2's and 3's would....so that means the black wrinkle for your FXR4 would simply come off of a newer Dyna Low Rider I would think of course lol that depends on how the FXR4 attaches to the tank and whether those match up with a Dyna Low Rider's tank as well......but perhaps you could do the research on a 1999 or 2000 Dyna Low Rider to see if they had electronic gauges and if they did then I bet those would work, as for the longer "Trim" Pannel I would assume the part numbers above would fit since there is nothing uniquely different about the FXR4's tank compared to those of the FXR2's or FXR3's when it comes to properly fitting the trim pannel piece......butttttttt I don't believe the trim pannel would fit from a Dyna Low Rider back in 1999 or 2000 because the tanks of an FXR4 and a Dyna Low Rider attach differently to the frames at the bottom (or closest to the seat)

I for one became tired of the "chrome" glare off of the trim pannel and last summer made it a "goal" to locate the wrinkle black alternative....after some due diligence I secured a set......the wrinkle black looks very nice against the "arresting red" of the tank....and removes the glare as well as "scratches"from the OEM CHROME verison of the tank pannel....sometimes just enough removal of chrome allows the other chrome in other spots to "pop" wonderfully.....I also tried the "mix" and match of using the "Chrome" Instrument housing against the wrinkle black trim pannel and in the end.....I felt the "look" was best either as "chromed"or "wrinkle black" as a unit (instrument housing & trim pannel).

I will post a couple of photos from a 1992 FXRSC to reference what it is we are talking about.

1992 FXRSC

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:53:32 AM by FXR2evo99 »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »

1992 FXRSC

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »

".....I wish there was a 'GLOBAL' fourm....."

fxr4mikey~~~

CVO Harley, Harley Tech Talk (HTT) and V~Twin Forum are the only three sites I am aware of devoting anytime to the FXRs.  I try my best to funnel everyone to those three sites for discussions about our FXR's.  I am hopeful this site over the next year or so will be developed into the site that everyone keeps on their list to learn about FXR's.....It's a wonderful format here...no limitations to photos....so it serves us all well to be able to have "technical discussions" with photos as well as photos for modifications like above, without worrying about which photo do I need to rob from which post to be able to demonstrate a "visual" example of something.....so kudos to the key people here that allow us to post our photos freely!

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »

V-Twin is a dealer .... interesting enough I found the Sifton's on the same page as the Power Glide Evo Hydraulic Tappets .... here http://www.vtwinmfg.com/catalogs/cyr/pdf/31.pdf  but I don't know if those are the ones you had .... I didn't see the JIMS name there.

fxr4mikey~~~
yes, in the lower left hand corner those appear to be the ones I installed to answer your question from above....

Regards,

Tim

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:03:51 AM by FXR2evo99 »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.