Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120235 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2009, 09:04:40 AM »

TIM

where are you ??????????????
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2009, 04:27:56 PM »

where is everyone  :nixweiss:

I've been here for 3 days postin up 'STUFF' and there's NOBODY here .......... well, ok, more than NOBODY, there has been a couple of replies  :D

but we need MORE ACTION !!!!!!!!!!!!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2009, 12:27:01 AM »

Pretty dead. Going to a swap meet here in WI tomorrow. But otherwise it's been BRRRRRRRRRRR
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

elvislee

« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2009, 06:36:56 AM »

where is everyone  :nixweiss:

I've been here for 3 days postin up 'STUFF' and there's NOBODY here .......... well, ok, more than NOBODY, there has been a couple of replies  :D

but we need MORE ACTION !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mikey...Not that any one gives a chit but I been dealin with lawyers, jail, leagl matters, inlaws, for the past few days...Don't you envy me ? Just think, you could be doing stuff like this instead of working on your bike  ;D

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »

Hey Mikey...Not that any one gives a chit but I been dealin with lawyers, jail, leagl matters, inlaws, for the past few days...Don't you envy me ? Just think, you could be doing stuff like this instead of working on your bike  ;D

OH MAN, that sounds like it sux !   I do hope that everything is ALIRGHT

Did you get your bike started ?
What was the problem ?
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2009, 10:21:11 AM »

Was wonderin where you went Blaine. But I don't like the sound of that man! I hope things are getting together on your end. Hang in there man!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2009, 11:04:46 AM »

Thanks guys...Everything is cool...Just I'm the one carrying the ball to get all the BS stuff on course and haven't looked at my bike in 2-3 days from all the running around, and still more runnin for about another week so don't know when I can clear the mind and try to get it started.

I did get the ANess A/C unit in this past Friday but it's still sittin on the dresser; I'm now in that sit back and wait mode to wear I can't get on the bike and focus without worrying if I'm gonna have to drop everything and go...Pisses me off, but life is still good  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »

Well, we're glad that you're alright !

I hope that everything will settle down for you, SOON, and you can get back to messing with the bike, and BS'ing with us    :pepper: :apple: :drink:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

elvislee

« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2009, 07:21:39 AM »

Well, we're glad that you're alright !

I hope that everything will settle down for you, SOON, and you can get back to messing with the bike, and BS'ing with us    :pepper: :apple: :drink:

Thank you Mikey...I'm doing great; it's the other outlaws in the family that seem to have a problem with dealing with issues and I am the one who has to come in and try and clean up the mess...Like I said though...Life be good  :2vrolijk_21:

Really been picking up a lot of good tech info the past week or so; some great folks on this site and especially in the Fxr board ain't it  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »

Thank you Mikey...I'm doing great; it's the other outlaws in the family that seem to have a problem with dealing with issues and I am the one who has to come in and try and clean up the mess...Like I said though...Life be good  :2vrolijk_21:

Really been picking up a lot of good tech info the past week or so; some great folks on this site and especially in the Fxr board ain't it  :2vrolijk_21:

Don'tcha just love picking up the pieces that a family member broke all over the place?!!! ::) ::) ::)

Best of luck with fixing their mess Blaine. Glad to see ya step up. I'd be doing the same, although it sucks that they can't get their act together on their own. They're lucky to have you in their corner Blaine! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2009, 02:55:46 PM »

Don'tcha just love picking up the pieces that a family member broke all over the place?!!! ::) ::) ::)

Best of luck with fixing their mess Blaine. Glad to see ya step up. I'd be doing the same, although it sucks that they can't get their act together on their own. They're lucky to have you in their corner Blaine! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Thanks man  :2vrolijk_21: ... We do what we gotta do, make a decision and keep on keepin on  ;D

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2009, 10:18:17 AM »

Hey Blaine....

:2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #342 on: January 20, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »

where have you been Tim ????

WELCOME BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We missed you !
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »

Mikey~~~

I have been researching "corrected compression" and "static compression" and cams and etc.....for my 2002 RKC, got up to 179 pages of notes and reduced it to 24 pages and finally have 32 pages of understanding.....have a much better feel for my TWIN CAM engine now than before.....and as it turns out much of that reserach will stream itself over to the EVO in my FXR2. 

Feel I have a pretty good foundation from which to draw upon now....so bottom line is assimulating the information has taken a few weeks.....

Last weekend I removed my heads from my 2002 RKC which is a lot of fun....and I sent them out on Monday to someone in MD to "offically" let me know where they are at CC wise, today they arrived at their destination so within the next few days I should be making some decisions about where to "mill" them to. 

Did you guys know that HD's tolearances for the TWIN CAM engine seems to be from 83-89 cc's?  HD communicates that they are suppose to be OEM at 85cc's, so much for quality control.....so how in the heck is one suppose to have any "confidence" in selection of the type of build you wish to work with, without some given parameters that are merely estimates....so anyway at least I will know that part of the puzzle soon.

So how does that relate to anything over here....well....FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK....lol....you did ask didn't you? ? ?

With your build of course going on, and my thinking about getting my RKC running well, it has me reevaluating the elements of my FXR2 as to which cam I wish to run both for my style of riding, ie: country roads, city streets, interstate highways, as well as mountain canyons all within elevations from 5,000-12,000 feet given my weight.  With all of this new found research, I may wish to enter my bike eventually in a HILL CLIMB at Sturgis....LOL....bring on the TORQUE!!!! <~~~just kiddin...

Ok so you did ask didn't you......

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2009, 04:38:22 PM »

Mikey~~~

I have been researching "corrected compression" and "static compression" and cams and etc.....for my 2002 RKC, got up to 179 pages of notes and reduced it to 24 pages and finally have 32 pages of understanding.....have a much better feel for my TWIN CAM engine now than before.....and as it turns out much of that reserach will stream itself over to the EVO in my FXR2. 

Feel I have a pretty good foundation from which to draw upon now....so bottom line is assimulating the information has taken a few weeks.....

Last weekend I removed my heads from my 2002 RKC which is a lot of fun....and I sent them out on Monday to someone in MD to "offically" let me know where they are at CC wise, today they arrived at their destination so within the next few days I should be making some decisions about where to "mill" them to. 

Did you guys know that HD's tolearances for the TWIN CAM engine seems to be from 83-89 cc's?  HD communicates that they are suppose to be OEM at 85cc's, so much for quality control.....so how in the heck is one suppose to have any "confidence" in selection of the type of build you wish to work with, without some given parameters that are merely estimates....so anyway at least I will know that part of the puzzle soon.

So how does that relate to anything over here....well....FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK....lol....you did ask didn't you? ? ?

With your build of course going on, and my thinking about getting my RKC running well, it has me reevaluating the elements of my FXR2 as to which cam I wish to run both for my style of riding, ie: country roads, city streets, interstate highways, as well as mountain canyons all within elevations from 5,000-12,000 feet given my weight.  With all of this new found research, I may wish to enter my bike eventually in a HILL CLIMB at Sturgis....LOL....bring on the TORQUE!!!! <~~~just kiddin...

Ok so you did ask didn't you......

Regards,

Tim

Nice to see ya back around Tim! So in other words, you were at school and couldn't come out to play! ;D ;)

Don't tell me Zippers! If so, don't know if ya did enough studying! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:32:58 PM by Hoist! »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Page created in 0.542 seconds with 21 queries.