Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: "FXR CHATTER"  (Read 120237 times)

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
Re: "FXR CHATTER"
« Reply #345 on: January 22, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »

Mikey~~~

I have been researching "corrected compression" and "static compression" and cams and etc.....

you been gone awhile,  slow learner ?? 
  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:     JK'ing of course :D

for my 2002 RKC, got up to 179 pages of notes and reduced it to 24 pages and finally have 32 pages of understanding...

WOW, but somehow I'm not surprised, knowing you from here, and some other forums as well, I am not surprised, but mildly IMPRESSED just the same !!

..have a much better feel for my TWIN CAM engine now than before.....and as it turns out much of that reserach will stream itself over to the EVO in my FXR2. 

now that right there will have made your efforts worth it !!!!!!!!!  Nice Going !!

Feel I have a pretty good foundation from which to draw upon now....so bottom line is assimulating the information has taken a few weeks.....

some people are just faster than others  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
and at the same time, some people (like me) wouldn't put that much effort into it
   :-[

Last weekend I removed my heads from my 2002 RKC which is a lot of fun....and I sent them out on Monday to someone in MD to "offically" let me know where they are at CC wise, today they arrived at their destination so within the next few days I should be making some decisions about where to "mill" them to. 

Did you guys know that HD's tolearances for the TWIN CAM engine seems to be from 83-89 cc's?  HD communicates that they are suppose to be OEM at 85cc's, so much for quality control.....so how in the heck is one suppose to have any "confidence" in selection of the type of build you wish to work with, without some given parameters that are merely estimates....so anyway at least I will know that part of the puzzle soon.

I knew that, sorta, and am planning to CC my SE heads ..... if you want a certain CR, you HAVE TO KNOW the size of the combustion chamber, there's no getting around that
You can 'guess' at it, and be way off, depending on which side the error was made when the cut the heads in the plant....... Over size, weaker CR, Under size, higher CR
either one of them could cause problems with a build

So how does that relate to anything over here....well....FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK....lol....you did ask didn't you? ? ?

well, not out loud so much ........... but I was wondering for sure, and you must have been reading my thougts when you were typing your post and knew that I was gonna !!!
  :huepfenlol2:

With your build of course going on, and my thinking about getting my RKC running well, it has me reevaluating the elements of my FXR2 as to which cam I wish to run both for my style of riding, ie: country roads, city streets, interstate highways, as well as mountain canyons all within elevations from 5,000-12,000 feet given my weight.  With all of this new found research, I may wish to enter my bike eventually in a HILL CLIMB at Sturgis....LOL....bring on the TORQUE!!!! <~~~just kiddin...

Ok so you did ask didn't you......  yes  :DD

Regards,

Tim

Welcome Back !
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #346 on: January 22, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »

:bananarock:

juesss guys.....are nuts....LOL!!!!!!!!

Do any of you guys know if the screamin eagle heads for a Twin Cam are actually 76cc's I seemed to read that but that was way off.....anyone know the answer to this question?

and what are the "reported" cc's of the EVO Screamin Eagle heads?  Will be interested to read what Mikey finds out his Screamin Eagle heads are cc'd at out of the box....

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2009, 08:55:37 PM »

:bananarock:

juesss guys.....are nuts....LOL!!!!!!!!

yeah, I'm a NUT      :huepfenlol2:

Do any of you guys know if the screamin eagle heads for a Twin Cam are actually 76cc's I seemed to read that but that was way off.....anyone know the answer to this question?

I do not know this  :nixweiss:

and what are the "reported" cc's of the EVO Screamin Eagle heads?  Will be interested to read what Mikey finds out his Screamin Eagle heads are cc'd at out of the box....

me too !!!!!!

"reported" cc's of the EVO Screamin Eagle heads is 72 CC's ....... that with the std bore and stroke brings you to the 'reported' 9.5:1 CR as 'advertised' by HD with the SE Heads on EVOs

Regards,

Tim
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2009, 01:43:24 AM »

How much can a guy expect to pay for screaming eagle EVO heads these days (new)?

Regards,

Tim

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2009, 07:36:06 AM »

How much can a guy expect to pay for screaming eagle EVO heads these days (new)?

Regards,

Tim

16851-98A Silver. $829.95
16854-98A Black Highlighted. $929.95

20% off dealers all over. Maybe you can do even better than that these days. I've been searching EBay looking for awhile and nothing's been available there at all. I'll prolly just have Vern do mine when the time comes. In no hurry to rip a good motor apart! I have a few other much faster bikes, so no biggie here! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:09:58 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Maga

• CVO1: FLTHCUSE2
    • CVO2: FXR '93 (no CVO)
    • CVO3: Customized VRod bigger (no CVO)
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

Hi all,

I just arrived yesterday in this forum, actually looking for information about my 2007 CVO Ultra. Fortunately there is also a FXR section, to which elvislee kindly invited me  :huepfenjump3:

There we are with a short description about my baby:

1) Screen Name:  Maga
2) Given Name:    Dieter
3) Age : 49
4) Location in the world:  Athens, Greece
5) FXR Model Owned: 1993 FXR Super Glide
6) Paragraph about how long you have owned your FXR and how you decided to purchase one:

I bought my FXR second hand in 1997 after I saw the movie 'Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Mann' and was fallen in love with this bike. After a couple of months of modifications I had the first version of my bike ready. Many changes followed and by now it is the version you see on the pic below.

7) What "major" modifications have been done to your bike.

1. Fork by RST, 4 inch over with 10 degrees rake
2. Rear wide swing arm
3. 190 rear tire
4. rear shocks (forgot the name...)
5. Performance Machine 4 piston calipers front (double) and rear
6. S&S Super E carb with death head air filter
7. Drag bar with cables installed inside
8. PM forward controls
9. LePera seat
10. Rear fender self made
11. frame powder coated
12. exhaust Ness/Supertrapp 2 in 1
13. all braided cables
14. stretched tank

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:49:13 AM by Maga »
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You always have a choice, even if it is only a choice of your attitude

elvislee

« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »

Hey Dieter...Welcome over here on the other side of the tracks  :2vrolijk_21: Glad you accepted my invite and don't be a stranger over here in the FXR section. These folks here are very knowledgeable about FXR's and more so they will help you any way they can...A great bunch of FXR people here.

That's a beauty of a custom FXR there man; you did all the work yourself? I ask cause you said you did the rear fender and wondering how much more talented you are in the other area's of the bike? The rear fender looks great...Hell...The entire bike looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  :2vrolijk_21:

RedFXR2

« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

Welcome, Maga.  Sharp looking FXR, there.  Thought some might like a look at the original, including Mickey rourke.  Well, Rourke's kinda ugly, actually. ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »

Welcome aboard Maga!!! Always great having another fellow FXR afficionado with us! Interesting mods! What rear end conversion did you do for the 190? I see you're still running a belt too. Any engine/trans offset required? Special belt/pulley? Is that a steering damper behind the headlight? Are those shocks Fournales? I like the dual PM's up front too! Nice job man! Enjoy this great site!

And Mike, Mickey's not only ugly, he's using solid struts on it so it acts as a rigid! Who'd wanna take such a good handling rubber mount FXR and ruin it with solid struts? (besides for drag racing!) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:39:14 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

revinkevin

« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2009, 09:40:20 AM »

First of all let me say what an awesome board this is !! I can't believe it took me this long to find ya though  ... lol.
Thanx for putting this site together and I look forward to making this part of my daily on line activities.  ;)

1) Screen Name revinkevin
2) Given Name  kevin
3) Age 48
4) Location in the world:  CANADA
5) FXR Model Owned - 1986 FXRD

Have been through about 15 bikes over the last 30 years. First one was a 72 Triumph Bonnie and then several "shovelheads" after that. Played in the market when HD's where considered a commodity and went through a 90 Fatboy, 86 Softail Custom , 90 Police Special , 90 FLHTC ... My current and FINAL ride is my 1986 FXRD. Bought it off of the original owner who although a resident of Canada bought it in Germany while stationed over there. He (or the government) flew it back to Canada when he retired. I live on what is considered to be the #1 motorcycle touring road in Ontario and thats how I met him. I knew exactly what he had for a bike and the rarity of it and told him several years back that if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know. As it turned out he did eventually sell it ( he was building a new house and had also bought a brand new decker ). We agreed on a helluva deal and I've had it since.
After riding for 30 years and on a multitude of bikes (some Europeon and Asian bikes too) you begin to know exactly what you want in a bike ... lol
I need a bike that will allow me to commute comfortably (100kms round trip daily except for winters) , it also has to pull double duty as a recreational tourer for my wife and I.
 Handling is very important and of equal importance is having a bike that isn't of the cookie cutter crowd. My FXRD does all of that and more !!! I have no intention of ever selling this bike as it does everything that I want it too. Have to admit that I have seen some pics and write ups in this thread of other bikes I would like to own as well and hope to add to the stable one day. Look forward to becoming better educated on these fine machines with ya'll here. Also hope that I can bring something to the table contribution wise too.
As for modifications ... hmmm ... I am forever looking for stock FXRD parts but I am contemplating a 2 into 1 performance exhaust. Also considering dropping the floor boards and going with forward controls. While there is nothing more satisfying than kicking that shifter down with my heel my legs are damn long and I miss being able to stretch them out ... lol
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:53:29 AM by revinkevin »

revinkevin

« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2009, 09:45:04 AM »

sorry for the double post but I meant to add this too.

maga should like it for sure and I suspect a few more of you will too

FXR'S FOREVER !

http://ca.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #356 on: January 24, 2009, 03:22:17 PM »

First of all let me say what an awesome board this is !! I can't believe it took me this long to find ya though  ... lol.
Thanx for putting this site together and I look forward to making this part of my daily on line activities.  ;)

1) Screen Name revinkevin
2) Given Name  kevin
3) Age 48
4) Location in the world:  CANADA
5) FXR Model Owned - 1986 FXRD

Have been through about 15 bikes over the last 30 years. First one was a 72 Triumph Bonnie and then several "shovelheads" after that. Played in the market when HD's where considered a commodity and went through a 90 Fatboy, 86 Softail Custom , 90 Police Special , 90 FLHTC ... My current and FINAL ride is my 1986 FXRD. Bought it off of the original owner who although a resident of Canada bought it in Germany while stationed over there. He (or the government) flew it back to Canada when he retired. I live on what is considered to be the #1 motorcycle touring road in Ontario and thats how I met him. I knew exactly what he had for a bike and the rarity of it and told him several years back that if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know. As it turned out he did eventually sell it ( he was building a new house and had also bought a brand new decker ). We agreed on a helluva deal and I've had it since.
After riding for 30 years and on a multitude of bikes (some Europeon and Asian bikes too) you begin to know exactly what you want in a bike ... lol
I need a bike that will allow me to commute comfortably (100kms round trip daily except for winters) , it also has to pull double duty as a recreational tourer for my wife and I.
 Handling is very important and of equal importance is having a bike that isn't of the cookie cutter crowd. My FXRD does all of that and more !!! I have no intention of ever selling this bike as it does everything that I want it too. Have to admit that I have seen some pics and write ups in this thread of other bikes I would like to own as well and hope to add to the stable one day. Look forward to becoming better educated on these fine machines with ya'll here. Also hope that I can bring something to the table contribution wise too.
As for modifications ... hmmm ... I am forever looking for stock FXRD parts but I am contemplating a 2 into 1 performance exhaust. Also considering dropping the floor boards and going with forward controls. While there is nothing more satisfying than kicking that shifter down with my heel my legs are damn long and I miss being able to stretch them out ... lol

Good afternoon revinkevin

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

It would be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread New member introduction
with a pic of your bike  ;)

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »

Welcome to the FXR portion of the fourm Maga!!!!!!!!!!

Great looking bike ya got there...... I like the way the frame is painted different than the rest of the bike.
It really shows off some of the design elements of the bike, those that make it such a sweet handling machine !
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2009, 04:06:59 PM »

Welcome revinkevin................ sorry it took you so long to find us     :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

like I've been here a long time   NOT

I found the place from some friends last June .............  I'm glad that I did too !!

Great Peps here

We're glad that you're here too !!
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

revinkevin

« Reply #359 on: January 24, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »

lol thanx Mikey and Jacques !

I stumbled across this site on the 4th or 5th page of a google "blogs" search.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 21 queries.